Worth applying to 1L recruit?

osgoode2323

osgoode2323
  • Applicant

Feeling dissuaded from applying due to the minimal positions available. My 1L grades are as follows: 

Contracts: A

Torts: A

Crim: B 

For reference, I go to Osgoode. Is it worth applying? 

Kobe
  • Law Student

Yes, you should apply. There is no downside and you have good grades

• Like 1

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

I feel like these posts are entering troll territory. Yes, you should absolutely apply if you are interested in a job at the firms that are hiring. Your grades are clearly above average. It is a competitive recruit but why would you self select out?

Edited by chaboywb
  • Like 4

DicedIce
  • Law Student

Even if you feel your chance at getting a position is low, there's still benefits to preparing your materials right now and doing the networking. And even if you don't get past interviews, that's fine because you'll have the interview experience under your belt + these firms are now familiar with you ahead of the 2L recruit in just a few months.

• Like 1