Big law commercial real estate

lawnut

lawnut
  • Law Student

Which law firms in Toronto or Van have some of the most robust and growing commercial real estate practices? 

• 1 month later...
QueensDenning
  • Articling Student

People mentioned Minden Gross during my recruit 

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
17 minutes ago, Lawstudents20202020 said:

I know lol, was just saying - be careful who you listen to (not suggesting that Jaggers shouldn’t be trusted, just more generally) 

Edited by QueensDenning
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, QueensDenning said:

I know lol, was just saying - be careful who you listen to (not suggesting that Jaggers shouldn’t be trusted, just more generally) 

In fairness it isn't like Minden Gross was shrinking or anything. They just had two asshole partners who brought the whole thing down. They'd still meet OP's "robust and growing" criteria. 

• Like 1

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer

In Vancouver, the leading firms for commercial real estate that come to mind are:

Regional: Terra Law, Clark Wilson, Lawson Lundell

National: Stikeman, Blakes, McCarthy, Bennett Jones

Koffman Kalef punches way above its weight for commercial real estate in Vancouver, but they have no intentions of growing.

Fasken is worth keeping an eye on - they opened an office in Surrey a handful of years ago, which is where a lot of the commercial real estate development is happening. 

Edited by canuckfanatic

Jaggers
10 hours ago, QueensDenning said:

I didn’t mention Minden Gross! I mentioned Daoust Vucovich, which is a highly regarded boutique that hasn’t imploded. Also, I like them because I used to work with Vucovich’s sister before I went to law school.

Bob Jones
  • Lawyer
On 3/15/2024 at 10:43 AM, QueensDenning said:

People mentioned Minden Gross during my recruit 

I didn't know they had a busy comm real estate practice, but they're winding down. Looks like they had some issues that couldn't be resolved. So if you're having trouble getting a hold of them, that's probably why.