Accepted 2024

e4bu

lawparty
  • Applicant
On 2/12/2024 at 2:42 PM, jeownx said:

When do one usually get the rejection email?

It's far from over. I know folks who got in up til July. I was an access and equity applicant and I think I got my rejection on March 30th or something (but I knew that since I hadn't gotten an interview, I wasn't going to get in). 

If you're applying just on numbers, just sit tight! You'll either get an acceptance or notification of waitlist in the next month. And two years ago, I know they got to like.. #75 on the waitlist. Or you'll get a rejection and that's ok too. I got four.

And by the way, I did get in to another law school and am having an excellent time in 2L. You'll get there.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
lawloops
  • Applicant

Hey guys just got the A - I can't believe it. I was an ICC applicant and interviewed on Sunday.

This was my second cycle applying after getting rejected everywhere in Ontario last year.

Super low stats 149 highest lsat and 3.52 GPA. Ontario applicant. Don't ever give up. 

• Like 3

chumbay
  • Applicant

Congratulations! How did they notify you?

legal2024
On 2/15/2024 at 12:35 PM, lawparty said:

It's far from over. I know folks who got in up til July. I was an access and equity applicant and I think I got my rejection on March 30th or something (but I knew that since I hadn't gotten an interview, I wasn't going to get in). 

If you're applying just on numbers, just sit tight! You'll either get an acceptance or notification of waitlist in the next month. And two years ago, I know they got to like.. #75 on the waitlist. Or you'll get a rejection and that's ok too. I got four.

And by the way, I did get in to another law school and am having an excellent time in 2L. You'll get there.

Hi, Do you happen to know if those folks were waitlisted before July and then got accepted or just directly got the offer in July? I just wonder if you don't hear at all from law schools by a certain date, would it still be possible to get the acceptance later without being waitlisted 

lawloops
  • Applicant
14 minutes ago, chumbay said:

Congratulations! How did they notify you?

Thank you so much!!! I got an email to check the portaal 

Allitigator99
  • Applicant
54 minutes ago, lawloops said:

Hey guys just got the A - I can't believe it. I was an ICC applicant and interviewed on Sunday.

This was my second cycle applying after getting rejected everywhere in Ontario last year.

Super low stats 149 highest lsat and 3.52 GPA. Ontario applicant. Don't ever give up. 

Congrats!!!

Also got the A this morning. 

Mature candidate over 30, LSAT 161, GPA 3.6 ish. 

Unique work experience and profile. 

Most likely accepting, still waiting to hear from 4 other schools.

The deadline to accept is March 25th. 

• Like 1

organicgrapefruit
  • Applicant

hey guys! reading this thread i see that i am possibly undergoing the index category since i did not receive an interview invite through ICC. Really sad about it but hopefully I'll have a chance numbers wise? currently am at 152 LSAT cGPA 3.75 - Index score 68% (if i calculated correctly?) can someone please tell me if anyone got in with those numbers in the previous years? 

LegalAA
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Allitigator99 said:

Congrats!!!

Also got the A this morning. 

Mature candidate over 30, LSAT 161, GPA 3.6 ish. 

Unique work experience and profile. 

Most likely accepting, still waiting to hear from 4 other schools.

The deadline to accept is March 25th. 

Congrats! Also got the A and accepted the offer already! 

• Like 1

lawloops
  • Applicant
10 minutes ago, LegalAA said:

Congrats! Also got the A and accepted the offer already! 

Congratulations!!

• Like 1

JayDawg33
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, organicgrapefruit said:

hey guys! reading this thread i see that i am possibly undergoing the index category since i did not receive an interview invite through ICC. Really sad about it but hopefully I'll have a chance numbers wise? currently am at 152 LSAT cGPA 3.75 - Index score 68% (if i calculated correctly?) can someone please tell me if anyone got in with those numbers in the previous years? 

You'll have to look through the previous years threads and find out. If you're an MB resident there's a chance you could get a spot late in the summer 

• Like 1

Allitigator99
  • Applicant
6 hours ago, organicgrapefruit said:

If anything you will most likely be waitlisted and get a decision around May or June. Whether you get accepted or not, will depend entirely on how competitive this application cycle is, and your movement in the waitlist. I have seen a few admissions with index scores in the low 70s but nothing in the high 60s. 

If you do not get in this cycle, I would encourage you to retake the LSAT and aim for a score band of (158-162). With a 160 LSAT, your index score should be around 74%, and this pretty much, more or less, will guarantee you admission.

I took the LSAT three times and went from 56% to 78%. 

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. 

All the best.

• Like 1

chumbay
  • Applicant

If any Indigenous category applicants have received an offer after the interviews, please let me/ us know. Thank you.

chumbay
  • Applicant

I just got the A, applied in Indigenous category.

• Like 1

LegallyBrunette867
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, chumbay said:

I just got the A, applied in Indigenous category.

Congrats!! I wonder if they are still sending out more ICC Acceptances or if they’ve all been selected already? 🤔 

chumbay
  • Applicant

Thank you. I haven't heard if they still are. But from what I've read about previous years it seems you would have had to have been placed on a waitlist for ICC then if you don't get in there on a waitlist for index category.

• Like 1

Showtime
  • Law School Admit

Accepted February 12. Will be attending unless I hear from one other school. Super excited to potentially be going here and meeting all of you! 

• Like 1

LegallyBrunette867
  • Applicant

@Showtime were you accepted through ICC?  Sorry I see Feb 12 now lol I thought you meant March. My bad 

Edited by LegallyBrunette867

Showtime
  • Law School Admit
12 hours ago, LegallyBrunette867 said:

@Showtime were you accepted through ICC?  Sorry I see Feb 12 now lol I thought you meant March. My bad 

@LegallyBrunette867 No worries! I applied through general!

jeownx
  • Applicant
18 hours ago, Showtime said:

Accepted February 12. Will be attending unless I hear from one other school. Super excited to potentially be going here and meeting all of you! 

Hi if you dont mind answering, what were your stats?

Showtime
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, jeownx said:

Hi if you dont mind answering, what were your stats?

Lsat - 157 cgpa - 3.72/4 L2 - 4/4

Showtime
  • Law School Admit
5 hours ago, mimi123 said:

@Showtime Congrats! If you dont mind me asking, what was your AGPA?

I had it as a 4.27 but I am not sure if that was correct.

HankS123
  • Applicant

Has everyone found out whether they're on the waitlist or accepted already?

futurelawyerrr
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, HankS123 said:

Has everyone found out whether they're on the waitlist or accepted already?

I’ve been wondering this too… however I saw on the forum for last year that the waitlist got sent out end of March. Not sure if that will be the same for this year or not, but i’m anxious to see if I’ve been waitlisted!