Accepted 2024

e4bu

dougdimmadome
  • Applicant

my girlfriend was accepted for fall 2022 and her waitlist came out in the second week of april, so still lots of time. they will definitely notify you to let you know if you're on the waitlist or if you didn't make the waitlist

penguanniecee04
  • Applicant

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Can’t wait to see you all in the fall 🙂 

So happy to share that I’ve been offered and I accepted in early Feb (got the offer on Feb 12). LSAT was 162. Manitoba resident. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

jeownx
  • Applicant
19 hours ago, penguanniecee04 said:

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Can’t wait to see you all in the fall 🙂 

So happy to share that I’ve been offered and I accepted in early Feb (got the offer on Feb 12). LSAT was 162. Manitoba resident. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting! 

Hi congratulations!! What was your gpa ?

penguanniecee04
  • Applicant

@jeownx it was a 3.9ish I believe for my aGPA which Robson uses. 

Torts Illustrated
  • Applicant
On 3/20/2024 at 9:32 PM, HankS123 said:

Has everyone found out whether they're on the waitlist or accepted already?

Waitlist hasn't been released yet. Based on this forum, the 2022 and 2023 waitlists were released in the first week of April. Curious to see how many will be on there this year...

Edited by Torts Illustrated

futurelawyerrr
  • Applicant
On 4/4/2024 at 12:58 PM, Torts Illustrated said:

Waitlist hasn't been released yet. Based on this forum, the 2022 and 2023 waitlists were released in the first week of April. Curious to see how many will be on there this year...

Has anyone received a waitlist notification? I am still waiting hear anything from UofM. Based on previous forums, it seems like this year they're releasing the waitlist later than usual. 

jeownx
  • Applicant
39 minutes ago, futurelawyerrr said:

Has anyone received a waitlist notification? I am still waiting hear anything from UofM. Based on previous forums, it seems like this year they're releasing the waitlist later than usual. 

Not yet.. they are late this year

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant

Accepted off the waitlist as of this morning (position number 8). I just declined the offer as I am debating between other schools. Good luck everyone! 

• Like 2

Torts Illustrated
  • Applicant
31 minutes ago, TheWingerGuarantee said:

Accepted off the waitlist as of this morning (position number 8). I just declined the offer as I am debating between other schools. Good luck everyone! 

I thought you were 11/220?

justanotherhuman18
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, TheWingerGuarantee said:

I am confused. I was 8/220 according to the waitlist letter but did not receive any offer. Can it be that two or more persons be assigned same waitlist spot?

• Like 1

yercookies
33 minutes ago, justanotherhuman18 said:

I am confused. I was 8/220 according to the waitlist letter but did not receive any offer. Can it be that two or more persons be assigned same waitlist spot?

I don’t think they would assign the same waitlist spot. So, i’m confused as to why that person got an offer while you didn’t 

• Like 1

Torts Illustrated
  • Applicant
20 minutes ago, yercookies said:

I don’t think they would assign the same waitlist spot. So, i’m confused as to why that person got an offer while you didn’t 

Yeah, they responded to my "Waitlist 2024" post saying they were placed 11/220 the other day... also confused, LOL.

Edited by Torts Illustrated

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Torts Illustrated said:

I thought you were 11/220?

I was! My mistake, I don't know how I got that mixed up! 

33 minutes ago, yercookies said:

Sorry that was my mistake, I don't know how I got that mixed up, I'm spot 11. Though I did decline my offer as soon as I received it. 

Torts Illustrated
  • Applicant
25 minutes ago, TheWingerGuarantee said:

I was! My mistake, I don't know how I got that mixed up! 

Sorry that was my mistake, I don't know how I got that mixed up, I'm spot 11. Though I did decline my offer as soon as I received it. 

All good! 🙂 Though, now I am confused as the person who said they were 8/220 said they have not received an offer...

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant
10 minutes ago, Torts Illustrated said:

All good! 🙂 Though, now I am confused as the person who said they were 8/220 said they have not received an offer...

Really? That's weird... I did just get my email as of 10:14am, maybe they missed it. It wouldn't make sense that they would skip them and offer me a spot. 

yercookies
28 minutes ago, TheWingerGuarantee said:

Really? That's weird... I did just get my email as of 10:14am, maybe they missed it. It wouldn't make sense that they would skip them and offer me a spot. 

Thanks for clarifying! What deadline did they give you for making the decision?

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant
1 minute ago, yercookies said:

Thanks for clarifying! What deadline did they give you for making the decision?

The deadline was April 26th! 

• Like 1

yercookies
Just now, TheWingerGuarantee said:

The deadline was April 26th! 

thanks! I’m curious as to what happens when someone declines their spot. I wonder if it would go to the next person or if they would wait till the deadline to send another bunch of offers!

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant
Just now, yercookies said:

thanks! I’m curious as to what happens when someone declines their spot. I wonder if it would go to the next person or if they would wait till the deadline to send another bunch of offers!

Yeah, I think it must depend on the school. For instance, I'm interested in Queens (who I haven't heard back from yet) and from I gather from previous years' posts, it seems like they do batches of acceptances instead of handing them out individually as soon as they can. I don't know what UofM does, given they actually make a waitlist and position people on it but I would have figured that they would just hand my offer to the next person. Though given @justanotherhuman18 didn't hear back but I did, I have no idea and am scratching my head a little as to how that happened. 

• Like 1

justanotherhuman18
  • Law Student
19 hours ago, TheWingerGuarantee said:

Yeah, I think it must depend on the school. For instance, I'm interested in Queens (who I haven't heard back from yet) and from I gather from previous years' posts, it seems like they do batches of acceptances instead of handing them out individually as soon as they can. I don't know what UofM does, given they actually make a waitlist and position people on it but I would have figured that they would just hand my offer to the next person. Though given @justanotherhuman18 didn't hear back but I did, I have no idea and am scratching my head a little as to how that happened. 

Received my acceptance like 10 mins ago. 

• Like 1

Torts Illustrated
  • Applicant
33 minutes ago, justanotherhuman18 said:

Received my acceptance like 10 mins ago. 

That's so weird! I thought they went in order.

• Like 1

yercookies
50 minutes ago, Torts Illustrated said:

That's so weird! I thought they went in order.

I find it hard to believe that they don’t go in order. Someone might have made a mistake. 

It wouldn’t make sense to give people their specific spot on the waitlist if they just go on a random order

• Like 2

futurelawyerrr
  • Applicant

Hey, does anyone know how far down they got in the waitlist for acceptances on Thursday? Like, was anyone accepted on Thursday that was in the 20s/220?

• 2 weeks later...
grainbin74
  • Applicant

Ooof. 10 days since the last post. Does anyone know long of a window those getting in off the waitlist being given to respond?

• Sad 1