Intent to Interview Emails

moonfox19

passingthebar101
  • Law Student
On 8/31/2021 at 4:14 PM, QueensDenning said:

Do you know if Davies conducts OCIs at Ryerson? I haven't yet read all the above replies, but I thought firms that do OCIs at each school tell the particular school which applicants they want to meet with (and then the school notifies the applicants). 

Yeah Davies does OCIs at Ryerson! Some firms, but not all, will tell you if they will offer you an OCI even before the school does 🙂

• Thanks 1

Pecan Boy
  • Articling Student
17 hours ago, JustHereNotStaying said:

Fasken intent to interview emails for Osgoode came out

5 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Osler intent to interview emails for OZ just sent

Out of curiosity, when are Osgoode's OCIs?

justouthere
  • Law Student
17 hours ago, JustHereNotStaying said:

Fasken intent to interview emails for Osgoode came out

7 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Osler intent to interview emails for OZ just sent

Does anyone know if they send them all together aka should I lose hope or just wait it out? 

JustHereNotStaying
  • Law Student

I applied to Osler but didn't get anything. I wouldn't stress to be honest. Give it until call day starts. We don't know if intent to interview emails are sent to everyone at once or over a period of time. I just learned through 1L OCI, don't expect anything. If you get nothing, you haven't lost anything, just keep grinding.

1 hour ago, justouthere said:

Does anyone know if they send them all together aka should I lose hope or just wait it out? 

It's generally safe to assume that all the intent to OCI interviews for the same school go out at the same time. If you don't go to Osgoode, you shouldn't lose hope. Especially, if your school has a later OCI date than Osgoode. However, if you do go to Osgoode then it's likely that no intent to OCI email means you didn't get an OCI (unless you're on the waitlist and someone else declines their OCI). 

So if you don't get an ITC and you don't get a rejection, should you assume you are rejected? I know Osler sent to Oz an hour ago but I have not received anything. Should I assume I have been rejected? 

JustHereNotStaying
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Firebird said:

Blakes intent to interview emails sent to OZ

Congrats! Blakes and Cassesls rejection sent for OZ

lawstudent77
  • Law Student
24 minutes ago, JustHereNotStaying said:

Congrats! Blakes and Cassesls rejection sent for OZ

Cassels also as in Cassels Brock? Or just the Blake, Cassels. as in the one firm?

JustHereNotStaying
  • Law Student

@lawstudent77 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP - gives you an idea why they did not choose me LOL

@stressedoutlawstudent http://ultravires.ca/2021/05/toronto-summer-2021-2l-recruit-numbers/ this might give you a better assessment of your chances (at the bottom of the chart there is hire rates based on school)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JustHereNotStaying said:

@lawstudent77 Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP - gives you an idea why they did not choose me LOL

@stressedoutlawstudent http://ultravires.ca/2021/05/toronto-summer-2021-2l-recruit-numbers/ this might give you a better assessment of your chances (at the bottom of the chart there is hire rates based on school)

Don‘t worry Blakes rejected me too and I networked with 8 people there and had an 85.7% 1L average.

• Thanks 1

ThreeWhiteLights
  • Law Student
9 hours ago, jlaw said:

Anyone from Western hear anything from anywhere yet?

So far only Davies and Smart & Biggar.

• Like 1