Waitlisted 2021

PacificOcean

A Moving Potato
  • Law Student

I got waitlisted June 25th... I guess it's better than straight up rejection haha

GPA: 3.08 OLSAS

L2: 3.3-3.4 OLSAS

LSAT: 164

lawess
  • Law Student

waitlisted as of june 25.

3.3 GPA, 163 LSAT, special permission to take the feb lsat. i've been rejected from ryerson and western, got into windsor, and am waiting to hear back from ottawa and queens. now the problem -- do i rescind my provisional acceptance at windsor in hopes of going to osgoode? what if i dont move off the waitlist? whew decisions

QueensDenning
  • Articling Student
4 minutes ago, kilgoretrout said:

3.3 GPA, 163 LSAT, special permission to take the feb lsat. i've been rejected from ryerson and western, got into windsor, and am waiting to hear back from ottawa and queens. now the problem -- do i rescind my provisional acceptance at windsor in hopes of going to osgoode? what if i dont move off the waitlist? whew decisions

If you didn't get into Western or Ryerson, it's very unlikely you'll get into Osgoode or Queen's. 

King of Queens
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, kilgoretrout said:

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

• Like 3

lawess
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, QueensDenning said:

If you didn't get into Western or Ryerson, it's very unlikely you'll get into Osgoode or Queen's. 

Honestly, i thought i would get an outright rejection from osgoode and here we are. it's a toss up.

lawess
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, King of Queens said:

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush...

wise words!

King of Queens
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, kilgoretrout said:

wise words!

I faced a similar choice last year regarding acceptances, basically accepting an offer vs another school I wanted more that hadn't answered me. While I'll never know if I would've gotten in at my number 1, I know that I didn't risk one of the most important opportunities you may get for a forlorn hope.

• Like 1

ChillingReign
  • Applicant

Waitlisted 

cgpa (olsas) 3.67

158 LSAT 

decent softs but nothing crazy, most of which are in my last two years of uni 

already accepted a paralegal program in Toronto as my backup plan, what are my brutal odds of getting in at this point (didn't expect to even get waitlisted to be honest was banking on ryerson...or ottawa....or windsor.... or queens....lol) 

Futurelawyer123

Just wondering, is getting on the waitlist a good sign? Like I understand it’s not an acceptance but does it mean that we were close and maybe need to fix something to get in next cycle? 

luckycharm
1 hour ago, Futurelawyer123 said:

Just wondering, is getting on the waitlist a good sign? Like I understand it’s not an acceptance but does it mean that we were close and maybe need to fix something to get in next cycle? 

Wait list is better than rejection.

You need a higher LSAT (your GPA is competitive) but that doesn't mean your chance is over for this cycle. There were odd offers in late August and on some extreme cases during the first week of Sept.

Wonderwoman
  • Applicant

Waitlisted since April 27. Applying as mature student with LSAT 168. 15 years in the legal industry as a law clerk and paralegal.    Does anyone submitted a letter of continued interest. 

Futurelawyer123
11 hours ago, Wonderwoman said:

Waitlisted since April 27. Applying as mature student with LSAT 168. 15 years in the legal industry as a law clerk and paralegal.    Does anyone submitted a letter of continued interest. 

What was ur gpa?

legal101
  • Applicant

Who is still waiting on Osgoode after the July 1st deadline (waitlisted & not provisionally accepted anywhere else). 

Legally Brunette
  • Law Student
21 hours ago, legal101 said:

Who is still waiting on Osgoode after the July 1st deadline (waitlisted & not provisionally accepted anywhere else). 

I am still waiting. I was waitlisted on May 25. 

PacificOcean
22 hours ago, legal101 said:

same here, was waitlisted and havent accepted anywhere else

Futurelawyer123
33 minutes ago, PacificOcean said:

same here, was waitlisted and havent accepted anywhere else

Same as well. 

I feel like at this point there won’t be spots unless someone doesn’t pay the deposit or they get accepted in another province. Not going in with high hopes lol. 

AWKWARDAWKWARD
  • Applicant

I had spoken to someone who had been admitted as recently as July 1st. I've accepted a spot at QL (was really hoping for OZ) but just to give hope for those that may need it. Best of luck!!

Edited by MericGertlersTing
typo
  • Thanks 2

Potentiallawstudent
  • Applicant
On 7/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, legal101 said:

Same here, got waitlisted on May 12 😞 Do you think thats it for this year? or is there any chance? 

Sacamano
  • Law Student

Barring any last drop outs or changes, there likely will be minimal movement. All of the 1L's at Osgoode have now been assigned to their sections and classes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sacamano said:

Barring any last drop outs or changes, there likely will be minimal movement. All of the 1L's at Osgoode have now been assigned to their sections and classes

There may be some with offers from OZ and non-Ontario schools but need more time to decide where to go too. 

legal101
  • Applicant
22 hours ago, Potentiallawstudent said:

Same here, got waitlisted on May 12 😞 Do you think thats it for this year? or is there any chance? 

Realistically i doubt we have any chance 🥲 but there’s always false hope lol 

• Like 1

Leyah
  • Applicant
On 7/11/2021 at 4:02 PM, legal101 said:

I am still waiting. I declined my Windsor offer to stay on the waitlist. 😞  I still haven't heard from Ottawa either. My mental health is holding on by a thread. I have a legal clerk program lined up for September, worst case. 

Edited by Leyah

Leyah
  • Applicant
On 7/17/2021 at 12:38 AM, luckycharm said:

There may be some with offers from OZ and non-Ontario schools but need more time to decide where to go too. 

I was considering that when contemplating if I remain on the waitlist. I am hoping there are people who accepted but are still undecided. Maybe because of US offers or out of province Canadian offers. If they decide against Oz then spots will open up. That's probably like a handful of spots though. I am holding on to the little hope I have left.

Did anyone get accepted off of the waitlist? I remember seeing in the old forum someone got waitlisted for a week and then got accepted, but that was just one person. 

Leyah
  • Applicant
On 7/12/2021 at 4:57 PM, MericGertlersTing said:

I had spoken to someone who had been admitted as recently as July 1st. I've accepted a spot at QL (was really hoping for OZ) but just to give hope for those that may need it. Best of luck!!

Was that person accepted off of the waitlist? Or was just evaluated late? Congrats on QL.