Accepted 2022

ZineZ
Message added by ZineZ,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

lawyerlatina
  • Law School Admit

I literally cant believe Im writing this right now... I just saw my acceptance through RAMMS 

cgpa 3.33 

B20 no idea but much much higher 

LSAT 153, 158, 160 (Jan2022) 

Very strong PS- wrote about a difficulty I faced in my second year. Lots of ECs (non were legal though). 

Strong LoR - I completed my undergrad at Ryerson. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

hopeforthebest
  • Law School Admit

I'm in! The letter on RAMMS is dated February 8th, but only showed up this morning. 

cGPA: 3.49 (OLSAS)
B20: 3.9 (OLSAS) (4.08 according to Ryerson's 4.33 scale)
LSAT: 158 (October 2021) 
Reasonably good ECs and LORs. I think my PS and interview were pretty strong. 
General category, but spoke about some barriers I faced during undergrad in my PS.

Also, I did about half of undergrad part-time (for what I feel were legitimate reasons). So, if anyone reading this is concerned about how being part-time might impact them, hopefully this post can give you some reassurance. 

• Like 2

peanutbutter1234

Screaming, crying, and throwing up. Showed up in RAMSS today but dated Feb 8th!

cGPA: 3.61 (Undiagnosed ADHD all of University that I spoke about in my personal statements) 

B20: 3.9

LSAT: cancelled score, 149, 158, 161 (Nov 2021)

Good ECs and LORs. Community and social justice focused PS and my interview went HORRIBLY. Currently doing a MSW! Best of luck to everyone waiting 🙂 

• Like 2

Darth Vader
  • Lawyer
4 minutes ago, peanutbutter1234 said:

Screaming, crying, and throwing up. Showed up in RAMSS today but dated Feb 8th!

cGPA: 3.61 (Undiagnosed ADHD all of University that I spoke about in my personal statements) 

B20: 3.9

LSAT: cancelled score, 149, 158, 161 (Nov 2021)

Good ECs and LORs. Community and social justice focused PS and my interview went HORRIBLY. Currently doing a MSW! Best of luck to everyone waiting 🙂 

Congrats but you know your stats are good enough to get you into a lot of better schools right?

BirdsArentReal
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Darth Vader said:

Congrats but you know your stats are good enough to get you into a lot of better schools right?

From personal experience, the first one always holds a sweet spot 🙂 

peanutbutter1234
15 minutes ago, BirdsArentReal said:

From personal experience, the first one always holds a sweet spot 🙂 

Totally agree! I have actually been accepted to a law school before but the excitement of a Ryerson acceptance is due to a lot of personal reasons associated with living in the GTA. Normalize picking a law school in a city YOU want to be in. Getting into law school and practicing law is hard enough, might as well do it in a city that you love!

• Like 5

ISJ55
  • Applicant

Cant believe I am writing here. I have worked for this for so long. 

English is not my first language. I came to Canada 4 years ago and thought that becoming a lawyer was next to impossible.

But if any immigrant, visible minority or non-native speaker is reading this message, believe me YOU CAN DO IT. 

LSAT - 157

GPA - 3.75 

strong PS and references, worked in law firms for 3 years at Bay Street. 

if you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I’ll be more than happy to answer any question. 

Edited by ISJ55
  • Like 6
  • Hugs 1

Accepted!! Can’t believe it! Got the email from admissions this afternoon, checked RAMSS and the acceptance letter was dated Feb 8th. 

CGPA: 3.59

L2: 3.73

B2: 3.80

LSAT: 164

I think my PS was one of my strongest assets. I also had a few solid ECs, some work experience, and my interview went okay (not great but not horrible either). 

I also applied in the access category. Good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

• Like 1

queenbee
  • Law School Admit

Just got my acceptance e-mail today around 1PM. The letter on RAMSS was dated February 8th. Still crying and shaking, this is my second cycle applying!

CGPA: 3.42

B20: 3.93

LSAT: 155

I would say I had a strong personal statement and references (professor from ryerson and work reference). ECs and work experience were fairly regular, however I was heavily involved in school clubs and within the community. Feel free to message me if you have any questions! 

• Like 4

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, queenbee said:

Just got my acceptance e-mail today around 1PM. The letter on RAMSS was dated February 8th. Still crying and shaking, this is my second cycle applying!

CGPA: 3.42

B20: 3.93

I would say I had a strong personal statement and references (professor from ryerson and work reference). ECs and work experience were fairly regular, however I was heavily involved in school clubs and within the community. Feel free to message me if you have any questions! 

Congratulations!!! 

hoping to hear back from Ryerson really soon as well! I have a 3.68 CGPA, B20 is the same as yours and my lsat is 150! Working in the government as a legal assistant right now, I own my own business. I had volunteer experience with Yellow Brick House , BLM and breast cancer awareness. I also had 2 profs and 1 boss right me a recommendation! Fingers are crossed. 

just shows how holistic schools are getting! Congrats again!!

• Like 2

queenbee
  • Law School Admit
24 minutes ago, lawstudent_candidate10 said:

Congratulations!!! 

hoping to hear back from Ryerson really soon as well! I have a 3.68 CGPA, B20 is the same as yours and my lsat is 150! Working in the government as a legal assistant right now, I own my own business. I had volunteer experience with Yellow Brick House , BLM and breast cancer awareness. I also had 2 profs and 1 boss right me a recommendation! Fingers are crossed. 

just shows how holistic schools are getting! Congrats again!!

Thanks so much! It feels unreal. I didn’t feel my interview went exceptionally well so I’m sure they look at all aspects. Good luck! ❤️

lawstudent_candidate10
  • Applicant
On 2/11/2022 at 7:56 PM, queenbee said:

Thanks so much! It feels unreal. I didn’t feel my interview went exceptionally well so I’m sure they look at all aspects. Good luck! ❤️

Thank you! Hopefully I will be joining you 🤍

Crownroyal
  • Law School Admit

Can’t believe that I’m typing this right now…

Accepted on the 14th! 

Cgpa: 3.04 

B20: 3.7x 

LSAT: 164 

• Like 1

tortstortoise
  • Law Student

Accepted the 14th! Offer letter just appeared on RAMSS today. 

CGPA: 3.71 (without fall marks as Ryerson doesn't take them)

B20: About 4.0/4.33

LSAT: 159, 158

Absolutely bombed the interview, so I'm extremely happy to receive this offer! Applied general.

• Like 2

yimby
  • Law School Admit

Accepted on February 14th, notified on RAMMS.

cGPA: 3.65, B2/L2: 3.87, B20: 3.98 (OLSAS scale for all)

LSAT: 159, 162

EC's/LOR: Average, KJD, applied general

• Like 1

lawhopeful28
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, tortstortoise said:

Accepted the 14th! Offer letter just appeared on RAMSS today. 

CGPA: 3.71 (without fall marks as Ryerson doesn't take them)

B20: About 4.0/4.33

LSAT: 159, 158

Absolutely bombed the interview, so I'm extremely happy to receive this offer! Applied general.

Congratulations!! Did your offer letter just appear today in RAMSS?

Just now, lawhopeful28 said:

Congratulations!! Did your offer letter just appear today in RAMSS?

So sorry - just realized you said it did 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

laweveryday
  • Law School Admit

Accepted!!! 

cGPA: 3.47; B20: 3.93 (OLSAS)

LSAT: 160 (Nov 2021) & 164 (Jan 2022)

Good LOR, lots of extracurriculars with charity work, tutoring, pre-law society member, student council VP, FT work all through undergrad. Masters degree.

Will be declining for another offer, good luck everyone 🙂 

• Like 1

SDBP
  • Applicant

I am shaking as I write this.. I cannot express how ecstatic I am to get to post this!

Accepted on the 14th, Offer letter on RAMSS today. 

B20: 3.70

CGPA: 3.1

Applied general category. Did not think the interview went exceptionally well by my own estimation-- felt very rushed. 

Strong references from employers and 3-4 years relevant work/leadership experience in advocacy roles. 

This school is truly holistic and if you're reading this as a potential applicant, please, please, please, do not count yourself out. This is the first time I've felt like more than just a number, and it feels SO good. 

• Like 7

law4life
  • Applicant

I've been watching these threads from the sidelines for years, and getting super nervous each time I clicked on a thread, because I never saw myself posting here one day.

This has been the hardest year of my life and posting this feels so good.

Accepted with these stats:

OLSAS: 3.53 (B20 is probably like 3.8 or something, all A's in my last two years)

LSAT: 157, 157 (Passing of a family member 4 days before my second LSAT, told admissions about this)

PS: Talked about my immigration story, my extracurriculars at school, nothing too crazy but well-written in my opinion!

2 recommendations submitted, 1 from a Prof that really knew my capabilities and 1 from my boss.

Work experience in politics, lots of leadership roles at school clubs, and volunteered for 1-2 non-profits.

I feel grateful for Ry's holistic approach!

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1

mj1995
  • Applicant

Accepted on the 14th L20/B20: 4.0 LSAT: 162 holding out for a school closer to home but my first acceptance so i'm excited. Bachelors and Master's in finance have worked with many softwares prior in investment banking so have a feeling that was the reason for my acceptance. Best of luck everyone!

Edited by mj1995
  • Like 1

PuzzleheadedStorm268

I have no clue how I got accepted I did TERRIBLE in the video interview. I barely even wrote anything for the written response...

CGPA: 3.49/4.0

LSAT: 171

mediocre extracurriculars and part-time work experience

MasterChief
  • Applicant

Man, after that online interview, I thought Lincoln would outright delete my application. But here I am! 

LSAT: Cancelled, 163 

cGPA (OLSAS): 3.69 

Softs:

- No volunteer experience

- Completed the accelerated Paralegal program (however, not licensed) 

- Certified mediator

- Worked full-time/part-time all throughout university

- Interned at a law firm in 3rd year & currently work at a WCB firm

I've said this elsewhere as well, but for those reading and are worried - don't be. Lincoln seems to extremely holistic in their approach, so sit tight and keep waiting, it isn't over 'til it's over. And even then, is it really over? Can you apply next round? Retake the LSAT and get more experience under your belt? Of course you can! Plus, 2021 was a wash anyways with the pandemic, an extra year off to actually travel and have fun doesn't sound horrible does it? 

Point is, your time to shine in life will come, guaranteed. So go outside, get some Tims, or if you're on the forums at 2AM because you're worried sick, this is your sign to put it down and get some sleep. Take it from Chief, you're going to be alright. Wort Wort. 

• Like 6
  • Hugs 1

Summa Cum Laude
  • Applicant

Accepted via email and RAMSS today! 

LSAT: Cancelled, 151, 153

cGPA: 3.63

B20: 3.95

Undergrad in Engineering, lots of work and volunteer experience, strong LORs. Applied general

• Like 2