chances

3 minutes ago, knowingnothing said:

I thought the highest UBC gpa for a 4.0 is 86, and 90 for a 4.33

If your school uses a 4.0, you would just make your A+'s a 4.33 to compensate.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, knowingnothing said:

I mean if the top quarter had the stats higher than usual but rest three quarters remained the same, they could still keep the old medians. Maybe the 92+ index score means higher averages? 

No, I don't think so - the median is the center point of a data set. So if UBC reports a median of 166, there should be an equal number of scores above and below 166. 

If they used an average, then that would be a different story.

• Like 3

LordBONSAI
  • Applicant
10 hours ago, pigeon said:

No, I don't think so - the median is the center point of a data set. So if UBC reports a median of 166, there should be an equal number of scores above and below 166. 

If they used an average, then that would be a different story.

One thing that puzzles me is that if we put in both medians from last cycle (83.5, 166) we would yield 91.92. In theory, fifty percent of admitted students had a GPA/LSAT combo below that index. However, based on what one poster above said, there were over 70 people who might have scored above 92.11 and got waitlisted. The only two possibilities I can conjecture at this moment are: 1. UBC took a holistic approach, and, 2. Many of those with above-median LSATs had GPAs below the median, and vice versa. However, since last cycle was an anomaly, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they enrolled some sub-92 scorers early on, then realizing there were more competitive applicants than the seats available. 

Edited by LordBONSAI
  • Like 2

law000099
  • Law School Admit

One thing I'll add is that the Jan LSAT will likely be available for them to use for this upcoming round, or thats at least what I've understood in conversation with the school. Hopefully we all get in lol that would be so 🅿️.

• Like 1