karatelaw1
  • Law School Admit
44 minutes ago, Probablynot said:

Are you guys discretionary?

nope, i applied general.

• Like 1

lawparty
  • Applicant

Discretionary here too, and same deal of "awaiting decision" but no number. Good luck all, and know that no matter what happens, you're so much more than just an application. ❤️

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2

cjr
  • Law School Admit

I also applied discretionary, and emailed them on April 11 to ask about the timeline. They told me:

"As you have applied under the discretionary application, your file is being reviewed currently by our office and the admissions committee.

These holistic reviews can take some time so unfortunately we don’t have an update for you at this time though we expect some updates to be made in the coming 2 weeks."

My application also shifted to Awaiting Decision on the 13th or 14th. 

• Like 2

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, cjr said:

These holistic reviews can take some time so unfortunately we don’t have an update for you at this time though we expect some updates to be made in the coming 2 weeks.

I will now be monitoring my e-mail and status checker constantly for the next two weeks hoping for a miracle. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
On 4/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, cjr said:

I also applied discretionary, and emailed them on April 11 to ask about the timeline. They told me:

"As you have applied under the discretionary application, your file is being reviewed currently by our office and the admissions committee.

These holistic reviews can take some time so unfortunately we don’t have an update for you at this time though we expect some updates to be made in the coming 2 weeks."

Anyone hear anything since this? (Discretionary)

I don’t want to be one of 200 that is reaching out for an update and I am sure one of you has reached out since. Please post any information you have 🙂 

ellewoodswannabe
  • Applicant

Has anyone got any updates beyond the “end of April/May” response many of us got? Wondering when to expect a file update. 

saltshaker111
  • Law School Admit
11 minutes ago, ellewoodswannabe said:

Has anyone got any updates beyond the “end of April/May” response many of us got? Wondering when to expect a file update. 

I sent an email asking when all final decisions will be sent out. I got the response that "We will be emailing the final decisions towards the end of May or sometime in June." I received that email April 20.

• Thanks 1

cjs
  • Law Student

I applied as a discretionary, 3rd year applicant.  I just called Admissions to ask if they wanted my updated transcript (showing Jan-April semester) and they said no.  The also added that I could expect to hear back around the end of May.

Edited by cjs
a word
  • Thanks 1

Thewaitismuchtoolong
10 minutes ago, cjs said:

I applied as a discretionary, 3rd year applicant.  I just called Admissions to ask if they wanted my updated transcript (showing Jan-April semester) and they said no.  The also added that I could expect to hear back around the end of May.

This is a bit of a bummer, I was hoping to hear back sooner. Best of luck!

• Like 1

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
On 5/3/2022 at 11:34 AM, Thewaitismuchtoolong said:

This is a bit of a bummer, I was hoping to hear back sooner. Best of luck!

I am getting very antsy. 

I hope as soon as any of you other discretionary candidates receive admission you come here and report back. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

Thewaitismuchtoolong
7 minutes ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

I am getting very antsy. 

I hope as soon as any of you other discretionary candidates receive admission you come here and report back. 

Same to you Go Big. I wish you the best of luck and would feel privileged to sit in class with you if it works out so.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

Looks like late May will be the timeline: 

2019 - maybe March or April? 

2020 - offers seemed to go out May 26th 

2021 - offers seemed to go out May 20th 

For the first time in a long time, I feel anxiety. So many things in my life are pending this decision. I will be so grateful if I don't have to leave Vancouver. 

• Like 3

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

Life has come to re-reading my personal statement and asking myself “would I let me in?” 

anyone have any updates on discretionary?

Patient0L
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

Life has come to re-reading my personal statement and asking myself “would I let me in?” 

anyone have any updates on discretionary?

I had to stop myself from re-reading the statement I wrote 7 months ago today. I’m now trying to come up with strategies to make myself stop checking this forum. 

• Like 1

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

For those not on discord, it looks like some discretionary applicants have had the date last updated change in the portal - but no other changes.

I called earlier and was told that offers will be made starting this week and into next week, followed by a wait list. 

So it is still going to be a long anxiety inducing ride.

Gareth, put us out of our misery already! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Nom! 1
  • Hugs 1

Patient0L
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, lawparty said:

I got a tracking number all of a sudden. Discretionary. Anyone else?

The date changed on mine today. I already have a UBC tracking number, so can’t note a difference there.

Usually a tracking # is a good sign…

Edited by Patient0L

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, lawparty said:

I got a tracking number all of a sudden. Discretionary. Anyone else?

Sign that an offer is coming (if you are not a UBC grad). 

Did the current status date change as well or is that still the same? 

lawparty
  • Applicant

The status date changed to May 18 (I didn't check it for a couple days). And nope, not a former UBC'er, and the field was blank in the past.

Edited by lawparty
Additional information added.

Arc2000
  • Applicant
24 minutes ago, lawparty said:

The status date changed to May 18 (I didn't check it for a couple days). And nope, not a former UBC'er, and the field was blank in the past.

That’s exactly what happened to me before I got my offer! Fingers crossed for you 🙂

Patient0L
  • Law Student
51 minutes ago, Arc2000 said:

That’s exactly what happened to me before I got my offer! Fingers crossed for you 🙂

I’m curious how long between the date change and the offer…

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
30 minutes ago, Patient0L said:

I am curious what no date change is whatsoever means.

Gareth is there no hope for me again this year?

Edited by GoBigOrGoHome
  • Sad 1

lawparty
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Patient0L said:

Happy to keep you posted on that. Also just on how the offer/no offer goes in general.

• Like 1

law11111111111111111111111
  • Law Student

As I mentioned on the discord my status changed today, and accompanied a school tracking no.

( will keep everyone updated as I know how painful this wait is)

Edited by Peshmerga
  • Like 1

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student

Day 170 of obsessively updating the tracker. Last year offers went out on the 20th and I was rejected on the 21st. 

So hopefully we get some news today. 

• Hugs 1