Jump to content

2022 OCI: Uoft Edition


Squirtle
 Share

Recommended Posts

Squirtle
  • Law Student

Thread for 2022 OCIs.

Has anyone heard anything yet? Seems like other schools earlier in the OCI pipeline are starting to hear back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pecan Boy
  • Law Student

When are OCIs this year? Last year, we got ITCs in the Sept. 15th range and our OCIs were Oct. 7-8th. But bear in mind that not many firms do ITCs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Squirtle
  • Law Student

It’s Oct 21-22 this year. Curious as students from other schools are starting to hear back.

3 hours ago, Pecan Boy said:

When are OCIs this year? Last year, we got ITCs in the Sept. 15th range and our OCIs were Oct. 7-8th. But bear in mind that not many firms do ITCs

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pecan Boy
  • Law Student

Yeah, people hear back depending on when their school’s OCIs are. Since UofT’s are so late this year, I wouldn’t expect any ITCs until end of September at the earliest. But its admittedly hard to predict 

Edit: Just read the comment above re: the CDO. Ignore me in that case

Edited by Pecan Boy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just based on this, spreading the OCI process over a span of a month and a half honestly fucks over UofT students, no? I really wish we could just scrap the LSO rules. The NY recruit where you can go through the pre-OCI process as early as May, have like like a month and a half of different interview dates to choose from, not have to deal with dumb rules about first-choice language or whatever other bullshit, make your decision within a month, and still be able to go through OCIs (in which firms basically condense their schedule to two weeks for all schools) was a blessing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, helloall said:

Just based on this, spreading the OCI process over a span of a month and a half honestly fucks over UofT students, no? I really wish we could just scrap the LSO rules. The NY recruit where you can go through the pre-OCI process as early as May, have like like a month and a half of different interview dates to choose from, not have to deal with dumb rules about first-choice language or whatever other bullshit, make your decision within a month, and still be able to go through OCIs (in which firms basically condense their schedule to two weeks for all schools) was a blessing.

U of T students aren't "fucked over" by the OCI process being spread out over time. And you either know this or should know this, because your last comment on this forum before this one was about how U of T "has an advantage" over other schools in the formal recruit. 

Don't be a poor sport before the recruit even begins just because you have to wait slightly longer than peers at schools you think are disadvantaged compared to you. 

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Squirtle
  • Law Student

Have to agree with BQ... numbers don't lie, every year Uoft has outperformed every LS in all recruits. No real disadvantage with Uoft being later in the OCI process, just a little more wait to hear back for impatient folks like myself.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

U of T students aren't "fucked over" by the OCI process being spread out over time. And you either know this or should know this, because your last comment on this forum before this one was about how U of T "has an advantage" over other schools in the formal recruit.

That doesn't contradict my statement. Osgoode and UofT students make up a significant portion of OCI hires. Those numbers might be higher if the OCI process wasn't so rigid and the schools were interviewed earlier. The numbers might be even higher if pre-OCI was allowed.

Edited by helloall
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Your time would be better spent doing literally anything in the world other than hunting for excuses about why you might not get a job months before you find out whether you get a job. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Your time would be better spent doing literally anything in the world other than hunting for excuses about why you might not get a job months before you find out whether you get a job. 

I already accepted an offer from a V10 and I had a 1L job.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rashabon
  • Lawyer

How does the timing affect anything? In-firm invites all go out at the same time after OCIs are over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ben
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, helloall said:

The NY recruit where you can go through the pre-OCI process as early as May, have like like a month and a half of different interview dates to choose from, not have to deal with dumb rules about first-choice language or whatever other bullshit, make your decision within a month, and still be able to go through OCIs (in which firms basically condense their schedule to two weeks for all schools) was a blessing.

The other part of this debate aside, amen. The Toronto recruit sucks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Squirtle
  • Law Student
20 hours ago, Ben said:

The other part of this debate aside, amen. The Toronto recruit sucks. 

Facts - NY recruit seems to be more flexible and doesn't have as rigid guidelines but I feel a caveat with that is the grey area ("slimy") stuff that also goes on. I got an offer from a V10 firm and the firm has given me a very generous time period to make a decision. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

notnotadog
  • Articling Student

NYC recruit really has it right. I was shocked at how transparent the firms were throughout the whole process. The ubiquity of lateraling down there makes a big difference, I think. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Squirtle
  • Law Student
Just now, Wolfe said:

Osler ITC just now

Same. 

Hope that means more are coming out today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
5 minutes ago, Ke2 said:

Lenczner just now

Sorry to derail, but I must say I love the bongcloud reference.

  • Like 2
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.