Has Anyone Heard Back from the Toronto Firms Recruiting Outside of OCIs?

harveyrspecter

28 minutes ago, harveyrspecter said:

Blaneys, Loopstra Nixon, etc. that had apps due this past weekend?

Blaneys sent out all their interviews this weekend.

• Thanks 1

goodisgood
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, LMP said:

Sucks, but good to know so I don't wait for them! lol

Jacobim_Mugatu
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, LMP said:

its on a rolling basis 

2 hours ago, Jacobim_Mugatu said:

its on a rolling basis 

All the interview slots are booked. The interviews start Wendsday and end Friday. Today was the last day to book a slot. 

The info session for the entire interview process happens tommorow evening. 

Unless you have some other information that suggests they're going to duplicate all of this, I'm sorry to say you're incorrect.

Sacamano
  • Law Student

How were all Blaneys interviews sent out Sunday and booked up when the deadline to submit the apps was Sunday at 5?

• Like 1

Jacobim_Mugatu
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, Sacamano said:

How were all Blaneys interviews sent out Sunday and booked up when the deadline to submit the apps was Sunday at 5?

Yeah. My application was only “reviewed” at like 9pmon Sunday night. 
also it says they review on a rolling basis on their Website.

41 minutes ago, LMP said:

All the interview slots are booked. The interviews start Wendsday and end Friday. Today was the last day to book a slot. 

The info session for the entire interview process happens tommorow evening. 

Unless you have some other information that suggests they're going to duplicate all of this, I'm sorry to say you're incorrect.

This was so intense

31 minutes ago, Sacamano said:

Don't get mad at me. I'm just repeating what they sent in the email.

As I said, if you or anyone else has some reason to believe that the interviews for this week are just the first batch, then that's fine. But there are interviews this week and I just find it strange that they'd book 20+ interviews and an info session with all the current students if they were going to do it again next week. 

But again, I'm open to being corrected. 

Jacobim_Mugatu
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, LMP said:

Don't get mad at me. I'm just repeating what they sent in the email.

As I said, if you or anyone else has some reason to believe that the interviews for this week are just the first batch, then that's fine. But there are interviews this week and I just find it strange that they'd book 20+ interviews and an info session with all the current students if they were going to do it again next week. 

But again, I'm open to being corrected. 

Look at their website

Sacamano
  • Law Student

Not mad at you at all, was just a bit confused why or how all the interview slots would be booked on the weekend, when the application deadline wasnt until 5pm on Sunday.

Hypothetically, what if they get their best on paper candidate apply at 4:59pm on Sunday? No interview for them because all the slots are filled?

I just find it hard to imagine that they would do that. Allowing people to submit applications up til 5pm on Sunday would then be meaningless.

2 minutes ago, Jacobim_Mugatu said:

Look at their website

Mate, respectfully, I'm looking at the email I got, offering me an interview and telling me all the information I just repeated to you, including the fact (and this is highlited in bright red) that every interview needed to be booked by today. 

I'm looking at the the booking tool and seeing that 20+ interview are booked this week. 

These are facts. 

And I'm not trying to rub it in or be rude, but OP asked a question and I'm trying to answer it. I'm providing you the actual information. You being snarky and telling me to check the website adds nothing. 

Maybe the conclusion I'm reaching is wrong, but the facts are facts. You can believe what you like but for OP or anyone who actually needs to make choices based on this information, please see my comments above. 

Good luck in the job search, I know it's hard for all of us and I'm hopeful we all land something we enjoy.

• Like 5

Jacobim_Mugatu
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, LMP said:

Mate, respectfully, I'm looking at the email I got, offering me an interview and telling me all the information I just repeated to you, including the fact (and this is highlited in bright red) that every interview needed to be booked by today. 

I'm looking at the the booking tool and seeing that 20+ interview are booked this week. 

These are facts. 

And I'm not trying to rub it in or be rude, but OP asked a question and I'm trying to answer it. I'm providing you the actual information. You being snarky and telling me to check the website adds nothing. 

Maybe the conclusion I'm reaching is wrong, but the facts are facts. You can believe what you like but for OP or anyone who actually needs to make choices based on this information, please see my comments above. 

Good luck in the job search, I know it's hard for all of us and I'm hopeful we all land something we enjoy.

Ur so easily provoked omg :// I’ve said like 6 words to u. congrats on the interview tho!

• Like 2

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

Blaney has always had weird interview processes. A few years ago, on the old forum, someone threw a hissy fit about how unfair it was that others were offered interviews before the application deadline.

Similar things happened last year: 

It’s definitely a firm you want to apply to before the deadline.

Edited by BlockedQuebecois
  • Like 1

goodisgood
  • Law Student

26 minutes ago, ZukoJD said:

Will the pain ever end? 

I keep hearing it will but it just keeps on coming. I guess all we can do is keep going. 

Edited by goodisgood

CandidJD
  • Law Student

Has anybody heard from Loopstra Nixon? It says in the application package guide that "receipt will be confirmed by reply email". With no email from them past 6:30pm today, is it safe to assume I will not be getting an interview?

goodisgood
  • Law Student
44 minutes ago, CandidJD said:

Has anybody heard from Loopstra Nixon? It says in the application package guide that "receipt will be confirmed by reply email". With no email from them past 6:30pm today, is it safe to assume I will not be getting an interview?

I didn't get a reply email either. But I'm guessing requests have already gone out

goodfella
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, goodisgood said:

I didn't get a reply email either. But I'm guessing requests have already gone out

43 minutes ago, bubbles said:

I didn't get a reply email from Loopstra Nixon either 😞

Me neither 😞 Anyone hear from Singleton Reynolds? 

I noticed A LOT of firms are sending out interview offers on a rolling basis until all the interview spots are filled up (which I'm sure happens well before application deadlines). This puts those that wait to apply by the deadline at a significant disadvantage. 

I put a lot of emphasis on the deadline date but instead should probably prioritize the posting date. 

Good luck to everyone post-recruit!! There's something out there for all of us!

Edited by goodfella
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, goodfella said:

I noticed A LOT of firms are sending out interview offers on a rolling basis until all the interview spots are filled up (which I'm sure happens well before application deadlines). This puts those that wait to apply by the deadline at a significant disadvantage. 

I put a lot of emphasis on the deadline date but instead should probably prioritize the posting date. 

Singeltons does there interview in December I think. So I wouldn't be shocked if they were a bit slower than the rest. 

• Thanks 1

bubbles
  • Law Student
24 minutes ago, goodfella said:

Singleton Reynolds sends out interview invites on November 29th (I noted down because I saw it mentioned on the viLawPortal "posting", while in-firms take place on December 2nd!

• Thanks 1

CandidJD
  • Law Student

If anyone hears back from Robins Appleby sometime this week (as they said they would), please post on this thread as well so that I know when to emotionally move on.

• Hugs 6

Just a rant post,

I failed at OCIs and I get it its not supposed to be common. But I am losing hope here. I have been applying to every single post I see. I have used my university resources to better my resume and my cover letter. I was involved in 1L and secured an internship during the summer. Have a B+. 

The point of this post is not why didnt I get anything but rather I feel like this is every law students journey. And I get that people say theres lots of jobs outside this, but I feel like there is only a small amount that I have seen. It feels like OCI was designed to be this big thing in Law school when it just leads to a bunch of people being depressed and thinking they are less than everyone else. With each rejection, it gets harder to be like I am fine. We hear of those that get jobs all the time but I am sure there are people like me that maybe never get anything.

I am starting to realize why law is one of the more mentally draining fields with all the time you spend stressing out about things out of your control.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 6