Accepted to Calgary 2023

kollykibbler
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

شخص غريب
12 minutes ago, lawapplicant 232 said:

Accepted today!

L2: 3.55

LSAT: 165 

former athlete, good work experience + volunteering

Congratulations! May I ask when you submitted you application, and when you finished your undergrad degree?

lawapplicant 232
  • Applicant
19 minutes ago, Linen said:

Congratulations! May I ask when you submitted you application, and when you finished your undergrad degree?

Thank you!

I submitted dec 1 and I finish my undergrad after this winter term 

Edited by lawapplicant 232
  • Like 1

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
3 hours ago, lawapplicant 232 said:

Thank you!

I submitted dec 1 and I finish my undergrad after this winter term 

Congrats!!

I also finished my undergrad after this winter term and had to wait until after Dec 31 for the transcript (which I understand was the requirement for the application). May I ask when you submitted your last transcript? 

lawapplicant 232
  • Applicant
46 minutes ago, vnyycstudent said:

Congrats!!

I also finished my undergrad after this winter term and had to wait until after Dec 31 for the transcript (which I understand was the requirement for the application). May I ask when you submitted your last transcript? 

I never submitted them because I attend u of c but my last final grade for the fall was released the 6th

• Like 2

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
25 minutes ago, lawapplicant 232 said:

I never submitted them because I attend u of c but my last final grade for the fall was released the 6th

Thanks so much!

Sorry for another question ... just to clarify. Did you mean your final grade got released on the 6th of Dec or Jan?

I just submitted my last transcript on Jan 10 so just wanted to gather some thoughts of how long a decision would take though I know it varies...

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions 🙂

Edited by vnyycstudent

Youarekittenme
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, vnyycstudent said:

Thanks so much!

Sorry for another question ... just to clarify. Did you mean your final grade got released on the 6th of Dec or Jan?

I just submitted my last transcript on Jan 10 so just wanted to gather some thoughts of how long a decision would take though I know it varies...

I appreciate your taking the time to answer my questions 🙂

I would assume January 6th in this case considering the fact that the semester/exams weren’t over as of December 6th.

Each transcript I submitted has taken around 2 weeks for admissions to process so I would expect yours to be processed in a similar time frame. 

xyzstudent
  • Law School Admit
2 hours ago, Youarekittenme said:

I would assume January 6th in this case considering the fact that the semester/exams weren’t over as of December 6th.

Each transcript I submitted has taken around 2 weeks for admissions to process so I would expect yours to be processed in a similar time frame. 

Thanks so much!

Fall was mentioned so I wanted to verify 🙂

Congrats on your admission btw!

finchatticus
  • Law School Admit

Just got the email! L2: 3.9, LSAT: 164. Waiting for other schools to get back to me before I make a decision. 

• Like 4

harveyspecterrrr
  • Applicant

Just got the email 30 min ago! 164 LSAT and CGPA 3.54. Around 3.66 L2 but not sure if I calculated it correctly

• Like 3

Elle_Woods77
  • Law School Admit

Got the email at 5:13pm today about an update in the student centre! My L2 was 3.3 and 169 LSAT, super excited!!!  May accept, still got my fingers crossed for UofA.

Edited by Elle_Woods77
  • Like 3

Youarekittenme
  • Law School Admit
13 hours ago, Sally95 said:

Congrats!! I was wondering did you send official transcript to U of C or only the unofficial transcript? 

When you apply you are required to upload unofficial transcripts for each institution you’ve attended that include certain required information. Unofficial really just means that you are uploading the transcripts yourself. For me I had to upload scanned copies of my official transcripts to make sure they had all of the information they needed. They are only considered official if they are sent directly from the issuing institution to UofC. 
All the information you need is here: https://law.ucalgary.ca/sites/default/files/Admissions/Unofficial Transcript FAQs.pdf

MaebyFünke
  • Law School Admit

Accepted January 11th. L2: 3.8 LSAT: 163. Considerable softs including 2 years of professional employment after undergrad. Very excited! Still waiting to hear from the other 2 schools I applied to before accepting. 

• Like 2

Alli306
  • Law Student

Accepted today! LSAT 163 cGPA 3.91 lots of work experience through co-op program. Currently 4th year at out of province school. 

• Like 2

Ozymandius24
  • Law School Admit

Just accepted 3.7 Cgpa 3.8 b2 3.7L2 160 LSAT. 10+ years work experience real good softs. Deciding between Calgary, TRU, maybe Alberta if accepted there. 

Best of luck to everyone and thank you to canlawforums.com

• Like 1