Accepted to Calgary 2023

kollykibbler
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

lawapplicanthopeful
  • Law School Admit

When was your guys' applications completed? Mine was completed on January 10th and it's still showing as received.

Edited by lawapplicanthopeful

Ital
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Jan 19. L2 3.4, LSAT 160. Second time applicant. Professional Engineer with almost 5 years of work experience after university. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

jyyclaw
  • Law School Admit

Accepted on Friday!! 3.7 L2, 162 LSAT, Student-athlete background with 3+ years of professional work experience.

• Like 2

RykeTheBike
  • Applicant

Hi all, this was my first response from any schools so far!

LSAT: 160 - GPA: 3.8 - Good resume, good references, etc.

How do people feel about the campus? I am super nervous to go to a commuter school as I am currently a UM student, meaning that I really want a strong sense of community!!

• Like 3

LegalOrangutan

Accepted today! L2 3.85 (I think), LSAT 162. Not sure whether I'll be accepting, as I'm deciding between UCalgary and Ottawa

• Like 3

Johndoedoe
  • Undergrad

Accepted about a week ago.  

GPA- about an 85% on my last 60 credits. 

LSAT 164

My LSAT writing sample was quite poor quality but I made up for it by writing a really good statement of intent. The statement was about how having a gay sounding voice meant I had to learn the skills of communication and argumentation required of a lawyer. 

Really good extracurriculars. Many hours volunteering on a crisis line and palliative care unit, as well as an internship in the concrete production industry, serving jobs, and a research assistant position. 

• Like 3

calathea
  • Applicant
On 1/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, RykeTheBike said:

Hi all, this was my first response from any schools so far!

LSAT: 160 - GPA: 3.8 - Good resume, good references, etc.

How do people feel about the campus? I am super nervous to go to a commuter school as I am currently a UM student, meaning that I really want a strong sense of community!!

The campus is great and quite active with lots of activities going on with student club and group activities. I don't live on campus but during the school days, it's a vibrant place. Weekends and summers are rather quiet. The law school here has several student clubs so I think you can definitely make the best out of law school here.

RykeTheBike
  • Applicant
On 1/28/2023 at 9:44 AM, calathea said:

The campus is great and quite active with lots of activities going on with student club and group activities. I don't live on campus but during the school days, it's a vibrant place. Weekends and summers are rather quiet. The law school here has several student clubs so I think you can definitely make the best out of law school here.

Thanks!! hoping for the best.

kimseokjinjjang
  • Applicant

Accepted today! 

didn't receive an email, just checked the portal and there was an update

applied general but wrote the optional diversity statement

L2: 3.7, LSAT: 166 (best take, jan2023)

average ECs, graduated 2022

not sure if i'll be accepting since i'm still waiting to hear back from other schools, but super excited to get my first A!

Edited by kimseokjinjjang
  • Like 5

Rae1616
  • Applicant

In at U of C! L2: 3.79, Jan LSAT 169 (only attempt)

Strong ECs, CPA, 4+ years professional work experience

Waiting on U of A and UVic but Calgary was my first choice so will most likely be accepting.  

• Like 2

summerofgeorge
  • Law Student

The average LSAT and GPA for those accepted thus far is 165 and 3.78. That seems to be an increase from prior years, but obviously this number will be impacted by those who choose go elsewhere. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in and best of luck to those still waiting!

• Like 1

RuneScimmy
  • Law Student
21 hours ago, summerofgeorge said:

The average LSAT and GPA for those accepted thus far is 165 and 3.78. That seems to be an increase from prior years, but obviously this number will be impacted by those who choose go elsewhere. Congrats to everyone who's gotten in and best of luck to those still waiting!

Off topic but important to keep in mind that, along with the point you made about some accepted people going elsewhere, 1) not everyone who gets accepted is going to post their stats here 2) people with higher stats tend to be accepted earlier whereas people with lower stats will be waitlisted first and/or hear at a later time than today, and 3) people could be making errors in their GPA calculation or doing so differently than UoC admissions does it. So, taking an average of what's posted here, especially at this point, is not really indicative of anything.

• Like 5

sweet_sorrows
  • Applicant

Just got accepted! LSAT 165 and L2 3.83 with mediocre softs. Will likely decline

Also they didn't send me an email or anything so check your portals lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Tweedledee
  • Law School Admit

Accepted yesterday 

lsat:160

L2: 3.6

full time work experience and volunteer experience

will accept if i get rejected from UVIC

legalregal
  • Applicant

Accepted yesterday! 

cGPA: 3.86, LSAT: 153, lots of volunteer and work experience

Waiting to hear back from first choice to make a decision. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
Phenomenological Dweller
  • Law Student

Very excited to share that I was accepted today off the waitlist!

L20 GPA: 3.98

LSAT: 161

Several years of full-time work experience! I will be accepting as this is my hometown university and my first choice. I look forward to meeting everyone in the Fall. 🙂

• Like 1

2023_hopeful
  • Applicant

Also super excited to post in this thread. Was accepted off the waitlist today:

LSAT: 161

L20 GPA: 3.8

10 years of Executive Assistant experience in the O&G and post secondary industries and 1 year as a Legal Assistant (current). 

goinglegallycrazy37
  • Applicant
On 3/3/2023 at 12:12 PM, legalregal said:

Accepted yesterday! 

cGPA: 3.86, LSAT: 153, lots of volunteer and work experience

Waiting to hear back from first choice to make a decision. 

Lord I see what you have done for others! 

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Well well deserved 🙂