2L Recruit 2023

paulAllensCard

Doot Universary
  • Law School Admit

For firms that don’t participate in OCI’s but were part of the formal recruit, when/how do they typically notify successful candidates? 

I’m assuming it would be through email and fairly soon, but looking for confirmation.

LMP
  • Articling Student
58 minutes ago, Doot Universary said:

For firms that don’t participate in OCI’s but were part of the formal recruit, when/how do they typically notify successful candidates? 

I’m assuming it would be through email and fairly soon, but looking for confirmation.

Because they do their interviews during the in-frim week in November they tend to reach out on or around the call day (mid October I think). If there is a particular firm or employer you are curious about let me know and I'll see if I can tell you the exact dates from last year. 

• Like 1

scooter
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, LMP said:
2 hours ago, Doot Universary said:

Because they do their interviews during the in-frim week in November they tend to reach out on or around the call day (mid October I think). If there is a particular firm or employer you are curious about let me know and I'll see if I can tell you the exact dates from last year. 

In addition to this, some non-OCI firms will still conduct short, virtual interviews before in-firms. For example, a firm who does OCIs at some law schools, but not all of them, may have a day where they schedule a block of short OCI-style interviews with candidates from the non-OCI schools. They are allowed to hold these interviews any time after your school's OCI date (but scheduling can happen now).

GoBigOrGoHome
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, hola123 said:

Osler ITC today

It would be helpful to say which city (or the title of this thread needs to be changed to reflect a single city)

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, GoBigOrGoHome said:

It would be helpful to say which city (or the title of this thread needs to be changed to reflect a single city)

Also the school (if people are comfortable sharing). I've heard ITCs go out to different schools at different times, depending when that school's OCIs are (though I may be wrong)

LMP
  • Articling Student
3 hours ago, uoftearsalumna said:

Also the school (if people are comfortable sharing). I've heard ITCs go out to different schools at different times, depending when that school's OCIs are (though I may be wrong)

For what it's worth you're not wrong at all. Different schools have different schedules. Some have already released their OCIs. 

js99
  • Law Student

At Osgoode:

OCI emails for Davies, Blakes, and Osler have gone out (received PFO from Davies, ITC from Blakes and Osler).

I am also aware that some smaller firms which are skipping OCIs, have sent out ITC emails for the November interviews.

LMP
  • Articling Student
2 minutes ago, ITLNCA said:

Can someone tell me what PFO and ITC mean? Thanks

ITC is Intent to Call, meaning the firm is saying "we will call you on the designated call/interview day". 

PFO is "please fuck off" the firm is rejecting you. 

aurora borealis
  • Law Student
On 9/14/2023 at 2:28 PM, LMP said:

Do you remember when Waddell Phillips reached out last year?

LMP
  • Articling Student
9 minutes ago, aurora borealis said:

I want to say late October? Like the last week. But I'm open to correction. 

• Like 1

vital_signs
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, aurora borealis said:

They already sent some out for U of T students in August. I don't know if the non-OCI firms stagger the ITCs by schools like the OCI ones do.  

LMP
  • Articling Student
6 hours ago, vital_signs said:

They already sent some out for U of T students in August. I don't know if the non-OCI firms stagger the ITCs by schools like the OCI ones do.  

Sometimes, but in this case I think August is the date to go by. I'm either misrembering or they changed their approach. Probably the former.

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant

Do all boutique firms that dont participate in OCIs send ITCs for in-firm interviews in August? Seems a bit early

Dnian
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, uoftearsalumna said:

Do all boutique firms that dont participate in OCIs send ITCs for in-firm interviews in August? Seems a bit early

I received an ITC for in-firms from a boutique firm in August, and then another from a different boutique last week (in the middle of September). So, no. 

lawyerlylawyer
  • Law School Admit
On 9/21/2023 at 6:23 PM, ace24 said:

Hear that Goodmans and Fasken have went out now. Oz 

ITC or PFOs? 

BobsBurgers
  • Law Student

Haven't heard ITCs from most firms (BLG, Cassels, McCarthys, etc) - is this year unusual for sending out the emails? Oz here