Accepted 2024

grz

zlaw
  • Applicant

Got the call today! TRU assigned A-  LSAT 161. Law firm and school club experience. 

• Like 3

DanyHeatleyhad50in07
  • Undergrad

It is my first time applying to law school, my application went complete on November 3rd, and I am still waiting for a response. Has anyone else experienced a long wait? Seems like most people are being notified within a few weeks of submitting. 

A- on TRU's, 155 LSAT

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer
On 2/13/2024 at 10:47 AM, DanyHeatleyhad50in07 said:

It is my first time applying to law school, my application went complete on November 3rd, and I am still waiting for a response. Has anyone else experienced a long wait? Seems like most people are being notified within a few weeks of submitting. 

A- on TRU's, 155 LSAT

Don't worry, the admissions process takes months. TRU typically admits the candidates with the highest GPA/LSAT scores first. Give it until the end of April, at which point TRU usually makes its waitlist.

The people with the highest scores typically get offers from multiple schools, so TRU waits for those applicants to accept/deny their offer from TRU before rolling out another wave of acceptances. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

canadiangal
  • Applicant

Congrats to everyone getting in! I am considering writing the LSAT in June and applying in September for 2025, and have a CGPA of 7.8, which I think is equivalent to 3.12 if i do the conversions online. It seems like the way TRU calculates their GPA is different? Also, is this high enough to get in? Thanks in advance everyone!

PS, for context, I went to UVIC, which is apparently a 9.0 scale? Which actually means that I have a 3.47 GPA I think, but could be wrong. I am so confused how these GPAs work. If anyone can provide insight, that would be amazing!

Edited by canadiangal

canuckfanatic
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, canadiangal said:

Also, is this high enough to get in?

1. Your GPA is not looked at in a vacuum - it's hard for anyone to say "this GPA is high enough to get in" without also seeing your LSAT score (LAST is 40% of your application at TRU).
  2. TRU calculates GPA based on your most recent 20 undergrad courses, not CGPA. Recalculate your GPA based on that.
  • Thanks 1

canadiangal
  • Applicant
On 2/13/2024 at 10:42 AM, zlaw said:

Got the call today! TRU assigned A-  LSAT 161. Law firm and school club experience. 

Congrats on getting in! Can I ask what your GPA was on the 4.33 scale for them to assign A-? I am planning on applying in the 2025 cycle. 

zlaw
  • Applicant
12 hours ago, canadiangal said:

Congrats on getting in! Can I ask what your GPA was on the 4.33 scale for them to assign A-? I am planning on applying in the 2025 cycle. 

Hey I’m not sure what my exact GPA was but I know they look at L2 and I believe mine was around 3.6/4.0. 

DennyCrane
  • Undergrad

Got an A a few days ago!

TRU assigned me an A-

LSAT = 163

• Like 1

hanky
  • Applicant

Received an offer today- they called me first and then emailed my acceptance offer 🙂

TRU assigned grade: A-

LSAT: 154 (Oct), 158 (Jan) 

Would like to hear back from UofS and UofA before making my decision. 

• Like 2

boxinthenorth

A yesterday through phone call and then email. 

GPA: A+

LSAT: 157

• Like 1

Allitigator99
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, hanky said:

Received an offer today- they called me first and then emailed my acceptance offer 🙂

Congrats on the offer!!! 

What's the deadline to accept?

Thanks

Lawapplicant101
  • Applicant

Got the phone call on March 6!

LSAT: 157

TRU assigned A

BC applicant with decent softs, and this was my second time applying. 

Best of Luck to everyone else.

• Like 1

hanky
  • Applicant
On 3/7/2024 at 1:20 PM, Allitigator99 said:

Congrats on the offer!!! 

What's the deadline to accept?

Thanks

Thank you! 

The deadline to accept is March 27. 

• Like 2

pashrash
  • Applicant

Accepted on February 29th!

LSAT 164, TRU assigned A

LawGoblin
  • Applicant

Got accepted last week on March 6th! Assigned grade was B+ with a 167 LSAT.

Lawladyy
  • Applicant
17 hours ago, LawGoblin said:

Got accepted last week on March 6th! Assigned grade was B+ with a 167 LSAT.

Hey! Congrats!! I have very similar stats to yours- do you mind sharing if your application had anything else that might have holistically given you bonus points, I.e., work experience and if you applied general? No worries if you’d rather not share! Just trying to see if our applications are similar in other ways as well (aka whether I might be hearing soon lol) 🙂

thanks so much in advance 🙂

LawGoblin
  • Applicant
4 hours ago, Lawladyy said:

Hey! Congrats!! I have very similar stats to yours- do you mind sharing if your application had anything else that might have holistically given you bonus points, I.e., work experience and if you applied general? No worries if you’d rather not share! Just trying to see if our applications are similar in other ways as well (aka whether I might be hearing soon lol) 🙂

thanks so much in advance 🙂

Hey no problem! I did apply general and while it's hard to say if my EC's gave me an edge, I'd say mine are probably average; but I did have continuous work experience all throughout my undergrad as a lifeguard, and I also have a STEM degree as well as an education degree with 1 year working as a high school teacher.

Lawladyy
  • Applicant
20 hours ago, LawGoblin said:

Hey no problem! I did apply general and while it's hard to say if my EC's gave me an edge, I'd say mine are probably average; but I did have continuous work experience all throughout my undergrad as a lifeguard, and I also have a STEM degree as well as an education degree with 1 year working as a high school teacher.

This helps! Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Like 1

jdb96
  • Applicant
On 3/6/2024 at 4:54 PM, hanky said:

Congrats on the acceptance! I have the exact same stats as you (A- & 158), so I'm hoping to hear back soon. Do you mind sharing if you applied general, or if your application had anything else that might have given you a boost during a holistic review? No worries if you’d rather not share.

hanky
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, jdb96 said:

Congrats on the acceptance! I have the exact same stats as you (A- & 158), so I'm hoping to hear back soon. Do you mind sharing if you applied general, or if your application had anything else that might have given you a boost during a holistic review? No worries if you’d rather not share.

Hi! Thank you! No problem sharing. 

I applied via the "Special Considerations" stream due to the loss of a parent during my undergrad and official diagnoses of depression, anxiety, and ADHD. I think those circumstances slotted me in for a holistic review of my application. I also had two stellar references (my manager at my current position who has been a lawyer for many years, and an individual that I work very closely with who has years of experience with students-at-law). My personal statement focused on the complexities surrounding Indigenous populations and the failure of our judicial system to address barriers and intergenerational trauma. I am not Indigenous, but I have done a lot of volunteering and work with Indigenous communities, and I continue to do so within my current position. 

Additionally, I worked two jobs during my undergrad, as well as volunteered at the courthouse with the Elizabeth Fry Society. I graduated in late 2021 and I worked at the Crown's Office in Saskatoon and I am currently employed with my province's Law Society. 

I wish you the very best of luck. This whole process has taken years off of my life LOL. Take it easy on yourself and realize that the days are going to pass anyway and you will receive a decision in due time. 

Take care of yourself! 🙂

• Like 3

jdb96
  • Applicant
On 3/14/2024 at 11:30 AM, hanky said:

Hi! Thank you! No problem sharing. 

I applied via the "Special Considerations" stream due to the loss of a parent during my undergrad and official diagnoses of depression, anxiety, and ADHD. I think those circumstances slotted me in for a holistic review of my application. I also had two stellar references (my manager at my current position who has been a lawyer for many years, and an individual that I work very closely with who has years of experience with students-at-law). My personal statement focused on the complexities surrounding Indigenous populations and the failure of our judicial system to address barriers and intergenerational trauma. I am not Indigenous, but I have done a lot of volunteering and work with Indigenous communities, and I continue to do so within my current position. 

Additionally, I worked two jobs during my undergrad, as well as volunteered at the courthouse with the Elizabeth Fry Society. I graduated in late 2021 and I worked at the Crown's Office in Saskatoon and I am currently employed with my province's Law Society. 

I wish you the very best of luck. This whole process has taken years off of my life LOL. Take it easy on yourself and realize that the days are going to pass anyway and you will receive a decision in due time. 

Take care of yourself! 🙂

Thank you for your response. Sorry to hear about your struggles, but you've turned it into something great, so congrats again on that!

It sounds like we have very similar motivations for wanting to go law school, so I hope we get the opportunity to work together. Thanks again for your response and encouragement. I agree that the process has taken years off of my life as well haha. 

throwaway123
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning - assigned GPA: A+, 156 LSAT. Worked in law firms and currently the federal government. Most likely accepting. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Allitigator99
  • Applicant
On 3/22/2024 at 9:52 AM, throwaway123 said:

Accepted this morning - assigned GPA: A+, 156 LSAT. Worked in law firms and currently the federal government. Most likely accepting. 

Congrats!!! What is the deadline to accept/decline?

Thanks 

juniperberryjoy
  • Applicant

Got accepted today March 28th

GPA 3.89

LSAT 154

• 2 weeks later...
Tuesdaysgone
  • Law School Admit
On 3/28/2024 at 12:29 PM, juniperberryjoy said:

Got accepted today March 28th

GPA 3.89

LSAT 154

Congrats 🙂Do you mind sharing if that GPA is L2 or Cumulative, and if TRU assigned you a letter grade? Thanks in advance