Accepted to UBC 2024

Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted.

watchchicago2002
  • Applicant

Just got the email I don't know what to do with myself rn. Hang in there y'all hopefully this is a good sign about them ramping A's back up?

LSAT: 171

GPA with drops: 82.8%

I applied INDG but I'm not sure what I was accepted under, though it seems like general based on the email. If anyone knows if there's an easy way to tell msg me please I'm very curious and would like to know. 

• Like 4

happyhelper
  • Applicant

Just got my acceptance letter! 165 LSAT and 3.9ish GPA

• Like 3

3124ba
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, happyhelper said:

Just got my acceptance letter! 165 LSAT and 3.9ish GPA

Congrats!!! Do you know what your gpa is in percentage after drops? Asking as my stats may be very similar.

Lalaw
  • Applicant
On 1/12/2024 at 1:52 PM, watchchicago2002 said:

Just got the email I don't know what to do with myself rn. Hang in there y'all hopefully this is a good sign about them ramping A's back up?

LSAT: 171

GPA with drops: 82.8%

I applied INDG but I'm not sure what I was accepted under, though it seems like general based on the email. If anyone knows if there's an easy way to tell msg me please I'm very curious and would like to know. 

Congrats! Supposedly the indigenous committee was meeting in January sometime - could you message me if you were accepted under regular or indigenous category? I applied as indigenous as well. 

• 5 weeks later...
leftphalange
  • Law School Admit

Have been browsing these posts for months and have one very stupid question.

When people describe their own profile of GPA etc. what does L1 and L2 mean?

Thanks.

LawHopeful77
  • Applicant
4 minutes ago, leftphalange said:

Have been browsing these posts for months and have one very stupid question.

When people describe their own profile of GPA etc. what does L1 and L2 mean?

Thanks.

L1 or L10 refers to last 10 courses ie last full year 

L2 or L20 same thing but for 2 years / 20 courses 

B instead of L refers to Best instead of Last 

hope that helps

leftphalange
  • Law School Admit
Just now, LawHopeful77 said:

L1 or L10 refers to last 10 courses ie last full year 

L2 or L20 same thing but for 2 years / 20 courses 

B instead of L refers to Best instead of Last 

hope that helps

Many thanks!  Yes that helps a whole lot.  Just I am sometimes confused seeing ppl say they have some not so ideal GPA but saying their L1 L2 are like 3.8 or 3.9/4.0 so I was wondering how would they end up having that non-ideal GPA (like 3.0/4.0) etc.  Doesn't mean their first two years were really doing not so well like 2.0?

LawHopeful77
  • Applicant
16 minutes ago, leftphalange said:

Many thanks!  Yes that helps a whole lot.  Just I am sometimes confused seeing ppl say they have some not so ideal GPA but saying their L1 L2 are like 3.8 or 3.9/4.0 so I was wondering how would they end up having that non-ideal GPA (like 3.0/4.0) etc.  Doesn't mean their first two years were really doing not so well like 2.0?

Totally understandable! I would suggest that you start another post about this or PM if you need as conventionally on this forum they try to keep everything in the Accepted posts strictly related to acceptances just to keep them clean for everyone to view. 

• Like 2

MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Law School Admit

Seems like offers are starting up again.

Accepted today via e-mail. I will likely withdraw offer ASAP since I've already firm accepted with another school and I'd rather free the seat up for someone else. Thought I'd add a data point anyway. 

cGPA: ~85.4% (with drops, I cannot remember the exact figure) or 3.83/4.00 (OLSAS).

LSAT: 166 (90th percentile). 

Softs were average I'd say. PS was well-written, but nothing special. 

This marks school number 6/6 and my application cycle is officially over. 

Edited by MyWifesBoyfriend
  • Like 7

light
  • Undergrad

Accepted today as well. Applied under General.

GPA w drops: 3.96/4.0 or 85.2%

LSAT: 169

Pretty average softs, but I sunk a ton of time into my PS. I will most likely be accepting my offer.

• Like 1

CF0808
  • Applicant

Accepted today under General.

GPA w drops: 91.9%

LSAT: 160

Average softs

Deadline to accept March 31

• Like 1

Donut2001
  • Undergrad
6 hours ago, CF0808 said:

Accepted today under General.

GPA w drops: 91.9%

LSAT: 160

Average softs

Deadline to accept March 31

Congratulations!! 🙂 If you don't mind sharing,  when did you complete and send in your application? I am just wondering whereabouts they might be in the cycle 🙂 thanks!!

• Like 1

CF0808
  • Applicant

Submitted my application on Nov 28th, my status switched to file complete: awaiting decision on Dec 1. 

• 3 weeks later...
Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

Accepted March 12!

80.1% GPA with drops, 172 LSAT

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 5

UBC_Hopeful
  • Applicant
2 hours ago, Spinnaker said:

Accepted March 12!

Congrats! How was your personal statement? I'm just curious because my stats are extremely similar to yours (80% GPA, 171) and I'm still waiting to hear back. 

leftphalange
  • Law School Admit
7 hours ago, Spinnaker said:

Accepted March 12!

CONGRATZZ!!!

Guess you applied general?

Edited by leftphalange

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit
7 hours ago, UBC_Hopeful said:

Congrats! How was your personal statement? I'm just curious because my stats are extremely similar to yours (80% GPA, 171) and I'm still waiting to hear back. 

It's hard to say, I personally liked it and consider myself good at writing  but I feel that every law applicant also feels this way (why would one submit a mediocre statement if they were serious about their application)? I talked about how my experience in healthcare motivated me to choose law, as well as how I've taken on academic activities like teaching and peer review for accreditation of professional development courses in my field to show how I am prepared to succeed academically despite my historical low undergrad GPA (I'm a mature student).

Good luck with your Allard application! Our stats are crazy similar!

2 hours ago, leftphalange said:

CONGRATZZ!!!

Guess you applied general?

Thank you! - I actually applied discretionary with being a mature student as my justification. I've worked for 7 years since undergrad graduation (under-graduation? Idk, undergrad graduation sounds stupid haha). 

I don't know what I got accepted under; I know other people in the past have said they applied Discretionary but accepted under General. I haven't clicked the button to firm accept as I'm out of the country on vacation and it needs you to pay a $600 deposit right away. I got the email on the 12th in the afternoon PST, and the application status portal changed a day later from "Awaiting Decision" to "Offer".

Edited by Spinnaker
  • Like 1

leftphalange
  • Law School Admit
14 minutes ago, Spinnaker said:

It's hard to say, I personally liked it and consider myself good at writing  but I feel that every law applicant also feels this way (why would one submit a mediocre statement if they were serious about their application)? I talked about how my experience in healthcare motivated me to choose law, as well as how I've taken on academic activities like teaching and peer review for accreditation of professional development courses in my field to show how I am prepared to succeed academically despite my historical low undergrad GPA (I'm a mature student).

Good luck with your Allard application! Our stats are crazy similar!

Thank you! - I actually applied discretionary with being a mature student as my justification. I've worked for 7 years since undergrad graduation (under-graduation? Idk, undergrad graduation sounds stupid haha). 

I don't know what I got accepted under; I know other people in the past have said they applied Discretionary but accepted under General. I haven't clicked the button to firm accept as I'm out of the country on vacation and it needs you to pay a $600 deposit right away. I got the email on the 12th in the afternoon PST, and the application status portal changed a day later from "Awaiting Decision" to "Offer".

Thanks for the detailed elaboration.  I applied discretionary too, but with bit worse stats yet more years of work experience (public sector) under my belt.  So just wondering whether they are starting to hand out offers for discretionary applicants as well.

dschrute
  • Applicant

Can't believe im typing this! 

Got the email today! Will be accepting!!!!

LSAT: 166

Gpa: 83% with drops 

Softs: strong with over 8 years of community service and 6 years of non profit experience

• Like 4

jxvi
  • Law Student

Admitted a few days ago!

GPA: 84% with drops

Softs: Volunteering with campus clubs, work experience in legal tech

Please message if anyone is looking for a roommate/knows of any vacancies! 

• Like 2

icee
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, jxvi said:

Admitted a few days ago!

GPA: 84% with drops

Softs: Volunteering with campus clubs, work experience in legal tech

Please message if anyone is looking for a roommate/knows of any vacancies! 

Congratulations!! If you don't mind me asking, what date do you have to respond to your offer by?

hwaetnow
  • Applicant

Applied at 11:35 PM the last day applications were accepted, offer letter came this past Friday (3/15 I think?)

LSAT: 172
GPA: 80% with drops
Other: Applied General but I have an MA and several years post-grad work in the publishing industry. Also, I have worked as an editor and writing coach for professional school admissions essays, so I'm confident my short answers were strong.

I applied only to UBC and have already accepted.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
lawstudent02
  • Applicant

Just got the offer this afternoon!

LSAT: 165 (January 2024)

GPA: 86.5% with drops

Strong softs and personal statement. Surprised but incredibly excited to see this offer having done the January LSAT!

• Like 4

Four Strong Winds

Accepted.

165 / 87.1%

Good luck, guys. ❤️

• Like 1