Accepted to Osgoode 2024

minimal
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Restrict posts to acceptances and stats. Short, relevant, clarification questions allowed. All other posts will be removed.

boringapple
  • Applicant

Just opened my OASIS portal and was accepted with an offer dated December 14th. It's a huge relief. I entered the queue on November 27. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.

3.93 cgpa / 165 lsat. Average softs. 4th year UG.

• Like 2

tobi
  • Law School Admit

A at Osgoode. Provisionally accepting. Wrote part B. Went into queue Dec. 1, submitted around October 31. Stats: I'm around Oz' median, 162 lsat, 3.7x cGPA.

I was expecting to hear around January because of my stats so this early acceptance is insane. 

Strong personal narrative (strong softs + volunteer experience + work experience + who I am). Happy to help anyone who is going through this process - please do not hesitate to send a DM or find me in the CLF discord. Thanks to my dads from CLF for the guidance and kindness. I'm incredibly grateful.

Edited by tobi
  • Like 8
  • Hugs 1

icee
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning, delighted to have gotten an offer this early!

LSAT: 160, CPGA: 3.94

Mid-strong softs + LORs, 4th year undergrad

• Like 1

legallystressed02
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning! Went into queue on Dec 5, offer on OASIS dated Dec 14 🙂

cGPA 3.54 LSAT 171. I think strong LOR and mid softs. 

Beyond excited and grateful, good luck to everyone still waiting! You got this!

Edited by legallystressed02
  • Like 2

pearsonspecterlitt
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, icee said:

Accepted this morning, delighted to have gotten an offer this early!

LSAT: 160, CPGA: 3.94

Mid-strong softs + LORs, 4th year undergrad

Congrats! If you dont mind sharing, what is your major?

5 hours ago, boringapple said:

Just opened my OASIS portal and was accepted with an offer dated December 14th. It's a huge relief. I entered the queue on November 27. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.

3.93 cgpa / 165 lsat. Average softs. 4th year UG.

Congrats! do you mind sharing what major you're in?

icee
  • Applicant
15 minutes ago, pearsonspecterlitt said:

Congrats! If you dont mind sharing, what is your major?

Thank you! Health Studies at Queen's, I also have a French minor 

• Like 1

boringapple
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, pearsonspecterlitt said:

political science!

Edited by boringapple
formatting
  • Like 2

sunray
  • Applicant

Got the email Dec 19, went into queue Dec 14.

LSAT 160, cGPA 3.71. Applied Indigenous category and wrote Part B. Softs: student leadership positions, volunteering, worked throughout undergrad, currently pursuing a master's.

• Like 2

peanutmochi
  • Applicant

In queue 18 Dec, accepted 19 Dec!  International with WES GPA of 3.8, LSAT 165

Applied general and wrote Part B. Fresh Bsc grad. Rather unique life story with student leaderships and work insights weaved in. 

Wondering if there are any other internationals this cycle? Feel free to reach out! 

• Like 3

imhereandimready
  • Applicant

I can't believe I'm posting here!!! SO excited to receive an offer after applying for two years (and taking the LSAT twice)... Here's some hope for someone with a lower GPA like mine:

OLSAS CGPA: 3.44

LSAT: 173

I'm an engineer with ~ 2-3 years of professional experience, currently a project manager at a consulting firm. I had strong references and a (pretty convincing) personal statement demonstrating my passion for studying law. I did not however, have any legal experience/background. 'll be provisionally accepting.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting 🙂

• Like 6

honestlyjustaseal
  • Applicant

Congratulations to everyone who got the offer! Got into queue on Dec 15, and received an email this morning at 10 am.

OLSAS CGPA: 3.64

LSAT: 171

strong softs, mid statement

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
osgoodeadmit
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Dec 20th

GPA: 3.81

LSAT: 163

Strong PS and good softs imo

Good luck to everyone still waiting

• Like 1

cbhks14
  • Applicant

Accepted Jan 12th

GPA 2.99

Bad softs during undergrad but 3 years of work experience after undergrad including a job at a law firm.

I'm assuming they liked my personal statement compelling

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

LegallyDani
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, cbhks14 said:

Accepted Jan 12th

GPA 2.99

Bad softs during undergrad but 3 years of work experience after undergrad including a job at a law firm.

I'm assuming they liked my personal statement compelling

This is great to see a sub 3 gpa in an early wave, gives me hope with my 2.71 😂 Congratulations!!!!!

• Like 1

sunday
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Jan 10th. 

cGPA 3.6high

LSAT 161

Wrote Part B. Went into queue in December 11. Still scheduled to write in January. 

MA, some work experience, STEM undergrad. Congrats to those admitted. Good luck everyone!

• Like 2

charonny
  • Law School Admit

Accepted yesterday, Jan 11th!

OLSAS cGPA 3.30, LSAT 180

Pretty strong ECs & variety of summer/PT WE, did not do Part B

It's looking like my top choice so I will probably be accepting my offer!

• Like 3

milkman
  • Applicant

I am a little confused - it seems as though everyone who has been accepted as of late was put into the queue a week or two prior to their acceptance. In my OASIS i got 2 status updates on november 30th that they reieved my application and that i was in the queue for review but i still havent heard anything.... i am not too sure what this means - maybe i am on the waitlist?- if anyone has any insight please let me know!

tobi
  • Law School Admit
16 minutes ago, milkman said:

I am a little confused - it seems as though everyone who has been accepted as of late was put into the queue a week or two prior to their acceptance. In my OASIS i got 2 status updates on november 30th that they reieved my application and that i was in the queue for review but i still havent heard anything.... i am not too sure what this means - maybe i am on the waitlist?- if anyone has any insight please let me know!

Refer to this post by Ryn. That being said, being in queue doesn't really mean anything. People (like me) just share when they went on queue because other people are interested in knowing when accepted folks went into queue/when they sent in their application to OLSAS. 

Simmie
  • Applicant

Accepted Jan 11th.

3.75 CGPA

168 LSAT

I'm currently finishing my M.Sc degree. Congrats everyone, and good luck to those waiting !

• Like 1

soma
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Jan 12! 
cGPA: 3.45 (B2: 3.99)

166 LSAT 

Strong personal statement, pretty good softs imo (college diploma, 10 years of part/full time work experience, president of program society in undergrad)

I will definitely be accepting the offer! Best of luck everyone!

Edited by soma
  • Like 2

lawschoolak
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Jan 12! 

OLSAS GPA: 3.7 (4th year undergrad) 

LSAT: 165

Average Softs (work with a non-profit in an education based role, worked throughout my undergrad, volunteer work etc.) 

Felt as though my PS was very strong, did not write Part B as I felt I said all I needed to in Part A.

Congrats everyone!

• Like 1

JimDandy
  • Law School Admit

Feels absolutely unreal to say this, but accepted January 12 (still waiting on the official letter)

OLSAS GPA: 3.62 but Fall 2023 grades brough it up to a 3.7

LSAT: 163

Good softs, worked in the Toronto film industry and led multiple clubs on campus

PS felt pretty good, and applied general so I suppose they must've liked it

I will likely be accepting unless somehow UofT pulls through, best of luck to everyone else applying and do not get discouraged if you are under a median score! Work hard at what you can control and the rest will fall into place : )

• Like 3