Accepted to Osgoode 2024

minimal
Renerik
Message added by Renerik,

Restrict posts to acceptances and stats. Short, relevant, clarification questions allowed. All other posts will be removed.

lawstudent02
  • Applicant

Got the email this morning!

3.85/4.0

165 LSAT

Very surprised to see this offer considering I took the Jan 2024 LSAT (after cancelling Nov). I would say I had average volunteer experience and great reference letters! Super excited to see the offer and good luck to everyone!

Edited by lawstudent02

legalgirlyyy
  • Law School Admit

emailed today! 

Took January LSAT 

3.78 cgpa and 165 LSAT good softs, LR's, and statements (imo)

Very happy!! 

Edited by legalgirlyyy

corktree
  • Applicant

A from oz!!!!!!! checked portal this morning half asleep and almost fainted.

160 LSAT, 3.78 cgpa

second cycle - actually got rejected last year. varsity athlete, 6 years part time work thru all of uni (unrelated field), law-adjacent internship, currently working as a law clerk.

still doesn't feel real. my first A of the cycle too :') see y'all in the fall

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit
17 minutes ago, infinityonhigh said:

A from oz!!!!!!! checked portal this morning half asleep and almost fainted.

160 LSAT, 3.78 cgpa

second cycle - actually got rejected last year. varsity athlete, 6 years part time work thru all of uni (unrelated field), law-adjacent internship, currently working as a law clerk.

still doesn't feel real. my first A of the cycle too :') see y'all in the fall

congrats! when did you go into the queue, if you did? 

A today!! cGPA 3.5 LSAT 170, mature student 10+ years work and volunteer experience. 99% sure I will accept!

• Like 1

blue134
  • Applicant

Got the email yesterday- just about fell over!!!

Went into the queue 12/05/2023. Stats- 3.33/170

Best of luck to everyone waiting!

• Like 1

youdothemathrita
  • Law School Admit

got the email yesterday morning!

2.17 cGPA, 3.68 final year aGPA (graduated June 2020), 177 LSAT (wrote in February 2021)

this is my second application cycle; I first applied two years ago and was waitlisted at Osgoode. my softs were definitely much stronger in my second cycle (during the two years between applications I made some very significant career moves) and I think that's what led to me getting an acceptance this time around despite my cGPA being so significantly below average.

best of luck to all those still waiting!

• Like 2

• Applicant
8 hours ago, youdothemathrita said:

got the email yesterday morning!

2.17 cGPA, 3.68 final year aGPA (graduated June 2020), 177 LSAT (wrote in February 2021)

this is my second application cycle; I first applied two years ago and was waitlisted at Osgoode. my softs were definitely much stronger in my second cycle (during the two years between applications I made some very significant career moves) and I think that's what led to me getting an acceptance this time around despite my cGPA being so significantly below average.

best of luck to all those still waiting!

Do you mind sharing what your career experiences/softs are? I have similar stats and will be applying this year! Thank you

• Thanks 1

youdothemathrita
  • Law School Admit
On 2/10/2024 at 8:45 PM, 9618785 said:

Do you mind sharing what your career experiences/softs are? I have similar stats and will be applying this year! Thank you

yeah for sure! when I applied the first time around I would say I had softs that were fairly good but not amazing - I had a year's work experience as a policy analyst for the federal government, a few other odd contract jobs (interviewer for statistics canada, event coordination at an investor relations firm), a lot of coaching/tutoring experience (including tutoring the LSAT), and involvement in my undergrad course union/student government. the issue was that it was quite difficult to write personal statements that tied these different experiences together narratively in a way that also addressed the extenuating circumstances that affected my undergrad GPA

in the two years between my first and second application cycles, I started working in audio journalism covering federal politics, and have also done some appearances as a panelist on different radio and TV programs outside of my main job (mostly on different CBC shows). I definitely was able to integrate those experiences into the statements I submitted for my second application cycle, and I also just think (although I'm kind of guessing here) that the fact that my work is public-facing and attached to my name probably worked in my favor. I hope this is helpful! 

• Like 3

corktree
  • Applicant
On 2/9/2024 at 3:48 PM, legallyblond23 said:

congrats! when did you go into the queue, if you did? 

queue was dated November 28th!

LegallyDani
  • Applicant

Never thought I’d be writing this after my R from TMU last cycle, but here I am, A at Osgoode, found out via email on Valentine’s Day! 2.7 GPA, LSAT 161.

My personal statement and reference letters carried this one! 

Gratitude is the attitude! 🙂 

Edited by LegallyDani
  • Like 8

ellewoodswannabe123
  • Applicant

Got the Acceptance yesterday but didn't check and almost choked on a grape this morning when i saw it. 

I know it doesn't matter, but I've been in the queue since November 27th. 

Stats: 3.77 CGPA, LSAT: 158

Re Reference Letters and Supplementary stuff: I picked two professors who changed my life and asked them, and I think it's super hard to gauge what's a good set of extra-curriculars, but I can tell you mine were all A2J and advocacy focused. I also filled out part B. 

First A and definitely taking it! See you all in the fall!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Nom! 1

Spinnaker
  • Law School Admit

Woohoo! My brain woke me up uncharacteristically early this morning and was ecstatic to find an acceptance email from Osgoode this morning sent at 7 am PST, letter dated today!

I was thinking I was out of the race due to my low GPA, especially after checking the online portal probably (I'm embarrassed to admit it) 100 times since November to see "in queue" and no offer.

3.26/172

Best of luck to everyone still waiting, especially my fellow low GPA applicants!

• Like 3

saulgoodman17
  • Applicant

Got the acceptance a while ago but forgot to make a post. 

GPA 3.1 LSAT 175.

• Like 1

hopefulromantic
  • Law School Admit

Cannot believe that I am posting an acceptance, I ran out of my class when I saw the email and nearly ate sh*t. Got the email Feb 16th at 10am

159 lsat, 3.64 cgpa, b2/l2 3.91 (shit first year grades but did really well otherwise)

great LORs and great softs + I had a part-time research job all 5 years

being well-rounded paid off hahaa, good luck to everyone:))

• Like 2

YouGotLittUp

Got the email this morning at 8.

Cgpa 3.74, LSAT 160 (January); Fourth-year applicant

Good luck to everyone waiting.

• Like 1

brandb
  • Applicant

Just received an email this morning! This has always been my dream school. I cannot believe I got in!! And this early as well. For sure, I thought it would be either mid-march, waitlisted or rejected. 

Ccgpa 3.84, LSAT 156(sept) Cancelled score for January. Fourth-year applicant. Strong ps IMO, LOR's, 32 entries for extra curriculars.

To anyone who does not have a 160+, do not give up; I thought I would not have a chance, but it turns out Oz is holistic, and I did have a chance. To those who were spiralling like me on forums and Reddit accounts, watching everyone say you do not stand a chance in getting into one of the best law schools in Canada. Think again.  

Good luck to everyone still waiting. This is so surreal. 

• Like 8

mrreide123
  • Applicant
8 hours ago, brandb said:

Just received an email this morning! This has always been my dream school. I cannot believe I got in!! And this early as well. For sure, I thought it would be either mid-march, waitlisted or rejected. 

Ccgpa 3.84, LSAT 156(sept) Cancelled score for January. Fourth-year applicant. Strong ps IMO, LOR's, 32 entries for extra curriculars.

To anyone who does not have a 160+, do not give up; I thought I would not have a chance, but it turns out Oz is holistic, and I did have a chance. To those who were spiralling like me on forums and Reddit accounts, watching everyone say you do not stand a chance in getting into one of the best law schools in Canada. Think again.  

Good luck to everyone still waiting. This is so surreal. 

Congrats!

3.81 and 157 here, waiting for an offer :0

• Like 1

brandb
  • Applicant
7 hours ago, mrreide123 said:

Congrats!

3.81 and 157 here, waiting for an offer :0

Thank you! you've got this, wishing you the best 🙂

legally2blonde
  • Applicant

Received the acceptance this morning! Couldn’t be happier!! Honestly was not expecting it 

cGPA 3.93 LSAT 158 

Very good softs, lots of volunteering, published papers, and strong LORs

Living proof that your LSAT score does not define you and that Oz is truly holistic. 

• Like 2

wakarimasen
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this morning! 3.1cgpa and 173 LSAT. 

• Hugs 1

legallyblond23
  • Law School Admit
20 minutes ago, wakarimasen said:

Accepted this morning! 3.1cgpa and 173 LSAT. 

hi, when did you go into queue? 

asprininglawyer
  • Applicant
On 2/28/2024 at 11:37 AM, YouGotLittUp said:

Got the email this morning at 8.

Cgpa 3.74, LSAT 160 (January); Fourth-year applicant

Good luck to everyone waiting.

I have similar stats. Do you mind sharing what were your softs like?

Edited by asprininglawyer
typo