Accepted 2024 - Windsor

civicnoon

orange5223
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, merryxmas2023 said:

congratulations! when were you referred?

I got referred on February 16, so about 2 weeks ago!  

Plsletmegetin13
  • Law Student

got a random email saying my application was received from Windsor dual jd... seems like an automatic email.. nothing in portal or anything 

organicgrapefruit
  • Applicant

Just wanted to share and give someone some hope here! I was accepted last year with a 149 LSAT and 3.4 cGPA (OLSAS) and did not receive my acceptance until late June. I declined it however!

• Like 3

FutureLStudent
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, organicgrapefruit said:

Just wanted to share and give someone some hope here! I was accepted last year with a 149 LSAT and 3.4 cGPA (OLSAS) and did not receive my acceptance until late June. I declined it however!

Thanks for sharing can I ask why you declined?

organicgrapefruit
  • Applicant

6 minutes ago, FutureLStudent said:

Thanks for sharing can I ask why you declined?

I declined because I am from Manitoba! I would have needed to scramble in finding housing, getting my loans approved, and moving out in a matter of 2 months. I also had then decided to retake my LSAT and extra courses to qualify in my province. Needless to say, I heard great things about Windsor!! Best of luck 🙂 

Edited by organicgrapefruit
  • Like 1

Youtasi

Hi new to this forum, but i just checked my portal and saw "Referred- Admissions Committee" i got no emails or anything so i dont know when i got the status change. Does anyone know what these means what follows, time period and length in getting a rejection or acceptance ? Thanks

tobi
  • Law School Admit
7 hours ago, Youtasi said:

Hi new to this forum, but i just checked my portal and saw "Referred- Admissions Committee" i got no emails or anything so i dont know when i got the status change. Does anyone know what these means what follows, time period and length in getting a rejection or acceptance ? Thanks

This means that your file has been referred to the admissions committee. This doesn't mean anything other than someone having your file. It could mean they will read it tomorrow or it could mean they will read it next week. There is no time period or length for being in this status in getting a rejection or acceptance. Applicants have stayed in "referred" for months and not heard back and applicants also have stayed in "referred" for two weeks and heard back and got a rejection or acceptance. 

Therefore, it's just news of movement - but no specific news of time period of when you're going to hear back.

At this point, the longer you don't hear anything - the better. No news is good news.

JDapplicant2024
  • Applicant

Finally got a response to my accidental trigger email from 2 weeks ago. Looks like it hasn’t even been reviewed.. I didn’t know that was a step where you are referred but still not reviewed despite being referred for a month 😞 

posting their response in case it helps someone! IMG_5844.thumb.jpeg.e71b1a9d4e379014322e93d4343ec4c7.jpeg

• Like 1

Lincoln Lawyer
  • Law School Admit

A yesterday evening to the dual. Notified via email and then portal update. 

Been checking this forum for years and can’t believe it finally happened. 

Referred to admissions committee about two weeks ago. 

Stats: 3.1 CGPA (applied under access), L2/3.6

LSAT 160 (Jan) 

Extensive work experience in the Federal Government

legal2024
3 hours ago, Lincoln Lawyer said:

A yesterday evening to the dual. Notified via email and then portal update. 

Been checking this forum for years and can’t believe it finally happened. 

Referred to admissions committee about two weeks ago. 

Stats: 3.1 CGPA (applied under access), L2/3.6

LSAT 160 (Jan) 

Extensive work experience in the Federal Government

Hi, Congratulations on your acceptance! I only had two options though, general and indigenous categories, and I couldn't find access

Lincoln Lawyer
  • Law School Admit

@legal2024 thank you! You are right....I applied under general for this institution and access for other. Apologies for the confusion and best of luck!

orange5223
  • Applicant
On 2/29/2024 at 2:59 PM, orange5223 said:

Got accepted into the Single JD program today, no email yet but the portal says admitted. CGPA: 3.5, B2: 3.79, LSAT: 164. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Also received an to the Dual Program on Friday, March 8!

Lawschoolbarbie
  • Applicant

A for Dual! Admitted on Friday March 15, and was referred on February 23rd! 
3.3 CGPA (OLSAS), L2: 3.7, LSAT: 158 (Jan) 

Above average softs with lots of research into vulnerable populations, and first-hand experience working with vulnerable communities. Also very strong LORs from profs that know me very well. 

luna12
  • Applicant

A for Dual. Referred a few weeks ago, applied pretty late in the cycle (feb?)

Plsletmegetin13
  • Law Student

Accepted on the 14th to dual. Referred on Feb 21st 

Legallyanxious
  • Undergrad
On 3/8/2024 at 7:37 AM, tobi said:

This means that your file has been referred to the admissions committee. This doesn't mean anything other than someone having your file. It could mean they will read it tomorrow or it could mean they will read it next week. There is no time period or length for being in this status in getting a rejection or acceptance. Applicants have stayed in "referred" for months and not heard back and applicants also have stayed in "referred" for two weeks and heard back and got a rejection or acceptance. 

Therefore, it's just news of movement - but no specific news of time period of when you're going to hear back.

At this point, the longer you don't hear anything - the better. No news is good news.

Is it better to not hear anything at this point? I know rejections will mainly be coming out after April, although I have received one rejection from Western a few weeks ago. 

tobi
  • Law School Admit
32 minutes ago, Legallyanxious said:

Is it better to not hear anything at this point? I know rejections will mainly be coming out after April, although I have received one rejection from Western a few weeks ago. 

Probably, yeah. But this 'wait for good news' also depends on your softs and if you have somewhat competitive/decent stats for Windsor. From this acceptance thread, a combination of stats that hovers around 155+ and/or 3.5+ seem to be getting the A, for both single and dual. So, if your stats hover around that and if you're confident about your PS and wrote it in connection with Windsor's mandates, then yes - keep up hope. 

• Like 1

TheWingerGuarantee
  • Applicant

Hey all, just wanted to let those who are waiting know I ended up rejecting my offer for Windsor Single for a school that's closer. I'm sure more people will start to hear back in April following the deadline for acceptances. Good luck all! 

• Like 3

kklawkk
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, lawschoolbro said:

Accepted today to the dual program

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

lawschoolbro
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, kklawkk said:

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? 

2.94 cgpa, 3.7x b2, 155 lsat

Edited by lawschoolbro

P1toLawSchool
  • Applicant

Waitlisted Single - Accepted Dual 

Referred to Ad Comm Jan 30. Accepted to dual March 28. Waitlisted single April 1. 

Provisional acceptance automatically becomes firm on July 1. 

LSAT 155, CGPA 3.3, B20 3.67 (pending final grade inclusions for the winter term). 

Licensed Paralegal, 10+ years work experience, tons of work in non-profit sports, mature applicant.

LUCiAN
  • Law School Admit

Admitted to single

CGPA 3.89, LSAT 153

Good luck to everyone waiting!

Edited by LUCiAN
  • Like 2

hopefulwizard
  • Applicant

Accepted today off WL. LSAT: 153, cGPA: 3.78, Strong LOR's and EC's.

• Like 1

WaspIndustries13

Very excited and grateful to be writing this!! 

Waitlisted for single on March 25th - received an acceptance today

LSAT 155, CGPA 3.66, B2 (I believe around) 3.85

currently working at a BigLaw firm for 2 years, in university was very involved and created a club. 

Good luck everyone! 🙂 

Edited by WaspIndustries13