Accepted to McGill Law 2024

McThrilled

McThrilled
  • Law School Admit

Thrilled to start this thread! I received the letter tonight and I will be accepting. 172 LSAT and a 3.9 GPA with a political science background. 

• Like 5

Cocoizasimp
  • Undergrad

Hello, are you from Ontario or Quebec and what is your French proficiency? If you don’t mind sharing. I’m from Ontario and I plan on applying next year. My French is not 100% good

McThrilled
  • Law School Admit
29 minutes ago, Cocoizasimp said:

Hello, are you from Ontario or Quebec and what is your French proficiency? If you don’t mind sharing. I’m from Ontario and I plan on applying next year. My French is not 100% good

I'm from QC and have C1 French. If you're applying next year, B2 is mandatory, and anything on top of that is a valuable asset.

If you really want to go to McGil it would be a good idea to work on your French. I'd recommend using KwizIQ for grammar (it isn't free but it's superb). I'd also start consuming as much French media as possible. Read French books, listen to French songs, watch French movies. With regular practice getting to C1 or C2 within a year is totally feasible. 

legallystressed02
  • Applicant

Hi! So excited to share that I just received an offer. 171 LSAT and 3.54 cGPA. Worked part-time throughout undergrad and strong LOR. 

So grateful 🙂

• Like 7

DEFINITELYnotyourlawyer
  • Applicant

I got an offer on Monday evening! Not sure if I'll be accepting or not.

CGPA: 3.89 LSAT: 176

I'm currently in my fourth year of undergrad. I've had lots of extracurriculars and a consistent part time job for the last few years. I also completed part of my undergrad in French and work at a job that involves speaking/writing in French.

Edited by DEFINITELYnotyourlawyer
Got the day wrong b/c I can't count
  • Like 5

commonslaw
  • Law School Admit

Just got the email! I still can't believe it, McGill is my top choice!

Stats:

LSAT: 168 and 170

GPA: 3.82/4.0

Softs: working part time throughout undergrad, two years experience working at a nonprofit post-graduation, lots of volunteer experience

• Like 4

frenchlawinquebec
  • Law Student

Just got the email too! SO happy! It's part of my top choice! Still hesitating between this program in Montréal or in public policy in France. 

French student at McGill, graduated in Arts in 2023. No LSAT. CGPA: 3.9/4.0. Worked as a research assistant in academia and with the city during undergrad. Half year of non-profit work and strong activism background. 

Good luck for others ;))

Edited by frenchlawinquebec
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
triling
  • Law School Admit

Hi all! Received a Dec 2023 acceptance. Out-of-province, undergraduate and Master's studies completed in French, CGPA 4.0/4.0 for all degrees, two years professional experience, no LSAT. Awaiting confirmation of 2024-2025 tuition before accepting. 

Congrats to those who have been accepted, and all the best to all applicants!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
bozoisonamission
  • Undergrad

Hi everyone! Jan 24 acceptance. Out-of-province, stem undergraduate (4th year), no formal language training in French (but have bilingual volunteer experience). 3.98 GPA, 166 avg LSAT. Congratulations to those accepted and best of luck to everyone still waiting, you got this! 

Edited by bozoisonamission
clarity
  • Like 2

justlurking
  • Law School Admit

Hello everyone! Got an offer this this week - 3.98GPA, no LSAT, Quebec Resident.

Good luck to all!

• Like 1

dams
  • Applicant

Just curious, has anyone who has gotten accepted joined a letter of extenuating circumstances to their application? 

Edited by dams

enpassant
  • Law School Admit

Just got the A. 3.9 no LSAT. Will be attempting a deferral.

• Like 1

Andromeda

Heard back this evening. 3.8 GPA and 160 LSAT. Quebec native. So excited to be accepting!

• Like 3

legallystressedmbf
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Heard back this evening. 3.8 GPA and 160 LSAT. Quebec native. So excited to be accepting!

Congratulations on your acceptance!! We have similar stats, so would you mind sharing a bit more details about your application? Is your GPA on 4.0? What does your cv look like? Many thanks in advance and congrats again 🙂

Andromeda
16 hours ago, legallystressedmbf said:

Congratulations on your acceptance!! We have similar stats, so would you mind sharing a bit more details about your application? Is your GPA on 4.0? What does your cv look like? Many thanks in advance and congrats again 🙂

Thanks so much! Yes, my GPA is out of 4. My CV had a good mix of jobs, extracurriculars, and volunteering. I will say I worked super hard on my letter (which I think is probably the most important thing for McGill). Assuming pretty good letters of rec. Best of luck! I hope you get it!

dams
  • Applicant
On 1/29/2024 at 8:37 PM, Andromeda said:

Did you join a letter of extenuating circumstances to your application by any chance?

Andromeda
1 hour ago, dams said:

Did you join a letter of extenuating circumstances to your application by any chance?

Nope

wordache
  • Applicant

Accepted on January 26, general applicant

9.8/10 GPA, 158 LSAT one attempt, very strong softs and references, 3 years of legal work experience and 6 in total in government, master’s degree. I think strong PS. 

Pretty sure I’ll accept McGill over uOttawa, but also waiting to hear from west coast schools and to find out what McGill new out-of-province tuition will be…

Edited by wordache

• 2 weeks later...
blackbird37
  • Applicant

Posting as a data point! Accepted today, general applicant. 3.8/4.0 OLSAS GPA, 161 LSAT. Graduated December 2022 from undergrad so some varied federal government work experience, good softs and community involvement!

An admissions coordinator reached out early last week and requested to set up a short call to 'discuss some questions about my file'. The call was a brief/ informal French language assessment to gauge passive bilingualism. The acceptance letter was conditional on the completion of intensive French language instruction at a high-intermediate level prior to registration in the BCL/JD program.

Will be declining as I've decided to stay in the province (Ontario) for my degree. All the best everyone!

• Like 2

CharlieBean
  • Law School Admit

Hello All!

Got in today around 12! 164 3.9 GPA

Anglophone from Montreal. Will probably be accepting!

• Like 2

enpassant
  • Law School Admit
On 2/20/2024 at 8:12 PM, CharlieBean said:

Hello All!

Got in today around 12! 164 3.9 GPA

Anglophone from Montreal. Will probably be accepting!

Congrats! I imagine it'll be a tough choice between UofT and McGill haha. 

icee
  • Applicant

Hello all!! Got an offer today afternoon and I'm stoked, pretty likely to accept. Good luck to everyone and I'm open to answering any questions! 

LSAT 160

cGPA 3.94/4.0

Anglophone Ontario resident but minored in French + had French prof references

Mid-strong softs and PS  

Edited by icee
  • Like 2

CharlieBean
  • Law School Admit
16 hours ago, enpassant said:

Congrats! I imagine it'll be a tough choice between UofT and McGill haha. 

Yea forsure. Leaning McGill because its so much cheaper as a Quebec resident (5k a year vs 30k+) and I'm comfortable in french.  

enpassant
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, CharlieBean said:

Yea forsure. Leaning McGill because its so much cheaper as a Quebec resident (5k a year vs 30k+) and I'm comfortable in french.  

Oh I completely missed that you're a Quebec resident. In that case, its a no-brainer imo lol