Accepted to McGill Law 2024

McThrilled

lawapplicant2024
  • Applicant

Hey Guys!!

Got in late tonight Feb 23, definitely very excited 😁

Ontario applicant finishing up a McGill undergrad degree.

GPA 3.85 and no lsat. Mid-strong PS and softs. I think strong rec letters and I got proof of French via an employment letter. Good Luck to everyone ❤️

• Like 2

AnonymousCowboy
  • Law School Admit

Hi ! I'm a bit late, but I was accepted on February 6th around 4pm ! 

Qc applicant who just finished my undergraduate at McGill last summer. 

GPA of 3.9x, I think my PS was by far the strongest element, as well as the rec letters. Pretty decent work experience in various different fields and a lot of volunteering. 

• Like 2

LawPrinciple
  • Applicant

Just received my A to McGill (February 29th, 2024).

3.73GPA and 158 LSAT. Fairly strong softs. I have lived in Quebec my whole life so already had the bilingual proficiency necessary. I’m honestly still in shock.

indisbelief
  • Applicant

Received my A this (Feb 29th) evening as well!! 

Stats: No LSAT. 3.9 GPA. Strong PS. Avg softs. QC resident (Francophone). 

I will be graduating from McGill Poli Sci in the Spring so this evening has been an absolute dream. Wishing everyone so much luck and good vibes!!

• Like 1

enpassant
  • Law School Admit
Just now, indisbelief said:

Received my A this (Feb 29th) evening as well!! 

Stats: No LSAT. 3.9 GPA. Strong PS. Avg softs. QC resident (Francophone). 

I will be graduating from McGill Poli Sci in the Spring so this evening has been an absolute dream. Wishing everyone so much luck and good vibes!!

Congrats! 

• Like 1

indisbelief
  • Applicant
On 2/29/2024 at 9:06 PM, enpassant said:

Congrats! 

Thank you!!

aspiringlawyer16
  • Applicant

I am beyond happy to be posting here!!

I got into McGill yesterday around 4:30pm (CST).

I had an interview to check my French proficiency about 24 hours prior to my acceptance. 

Stats: 4.0 GPA (on McGill scale), no LSAT, French immersion (not a Quebec resident), Indigenous and general applicant, advanced work experience, and a pretty great PS (in my opinion lol)

I have already accepted the offer haha!!

Wishing everyone luck!! You got this!

• Like 2

Doppelganger24
6 hours ago, aspiringlawyer16 said:

I am beyond happy to be posting here!!

I got into McGill yesterday around 4:30pm (CST).

I had an interview to check my French proficiency about 24 hours prior to my acceptance. 

Stats: 4.0 GPA (on McGill scale), no LSAT, French immersion (not a Quebec resident), Indigenous and general applicant, advanced work experience, and a pretty great PS (in my opinion lol)

I have already accepted the offer haha!!

Wishing everyone luck!! You got this!

Congratulations on your acceptance! I hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you self-identify as Indigenous?

In other words, how are you Indigenous and how did you convey that in your statement?

Thank you. 

BabYoda
  • Law School Admit

Accepted this evening! I am so grateful! I cannot believe it! International student, graduated from a Bachelor’s in Science ( Quebec Uni). No LSAT // 3.99 on a scale of 4.3.

Good luck guys!!

• Like 2

• Renerik pinned this topic
Nurseinlaw
  • Applicant

Hi everyone! 

I just got accepted today for September 2024 🤗

I hesitated before posting, because my application just seemed so different (and weaker) from everyone else here... But I thought I would maybe share some hope to others that have an atypical file like mine...

LSAT 155 (1 attempt, francophone candidate)

Undergrad: 2.7 (with extenuating circumstances)

Grad: 4.3 (partial)

I would say very strong "softs", I already have a substantial 10+ years career with "impressive" achievements (unrelated to law). I applied under the mature category, and got accepted without any interview.

When I initially applied, I combed through this forum, looking for people like me, with a brilliant career but "poor" academic scores... Let's say I found little evidence that those people were indeed accepted. So here I am, and now there is a trace for the future applicants that you CAN make it, even if you had an horrible undergrad.

• Like 5

Laulau234
  • Applicant

hello,

did anyone from cegep receive an admission letter for fall 2024 after the interview ? 

On 4/22/2024 at 4:54 PM, Laulau234 said:

hello,

did anyone from cegep receive an admission letter for fall 2024 after the interview ? 

Hi ! Im a cegep applicant too and , till right know I didn’t receive an interview, a rejection letter or an admission . Do you have some information about cegep application ?