Discretionary 2024

leftphalange
  • Law School Admit

Rejected. 😞

• Hugs 3

Layton1313
  • Applicant
On 3/22/2024 at 11:29 AM, Layton1313 said:

Applied discretionary with an 80.8% with drops and 171 November LSAT. Originally reached out to them inquiring about my personal circumstances (and a 163 October LSAT) and was told that I fit some discretionary criteria. Thought I’d maybe be considered for general when I got my November LSAT back but so far hasn’t been the case. Hoping to get good news, UBC is my first choice. Good luck to everybody else in this category, I know the wait has been brutal!

My application was moved from Discretionary to General. Status date still the same from November when i applied. I called in and was told I was on the “General Waitlist” but i’m unsure if they confused “waitlist” with “applicant pool”. Might call back but don’t want to come across as a nuisance.

dennis1
  • Applicant

Accepted today! I applied discretionary so I'll assume that's the category I was accepted under. 163 LSAT, 81% UBC GPA after drops. 

• Like 1

throwaway123
  • Applicant

Also rejected, not surprised given my stats. Not too bummed out as I've been accepted into other schools. 

biffo852
  • Applicant
On 3/21/2024 at 9:12 PM, biffo852 said:

Hello, discretionary here. Mature student with five years work experience in health care. 3.52 CGPA, 165 LSAT, 80.76% with drops. I was gonna apply general until i went to a law school fair and the UBC rep told me to apply discretionary because I met the criteria for consideration of non academic achievement. Best of luck. Waiting till the end of May is pretty brutal. If I don't get in I'm going to Osgoode. 

Accepted today. Extremely grateful. Good luck to everyone else. 

olob96
  • Law School Admit

Accepted my offer today! CGPA 4.0/4.0 and LSAT 154. Not sure which category I was accepted under, but my guess is probably the discretionary category since my LSAT was not great. Good luck to those that are still waiting to hear back!!

• Like 2

CeeCee
  • Applicant

Is everyone who was accepted Discretionary going to accept? Really wondering if people got accepted general at other reputable schools as well.

notlegaleagle
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Friday! 162 highest LSAT and 80 UBC scale after drops. Good LORs, good academic background and softs.

Have already accepted the offer!

• Like 1

SafariJoint
  • Applicant

Anybody else on the waitlist under the D category? My stats are 3.8 gpa and 164 lsat. Not counting on my chances too much at the moment.

Layton1313
  • Applicant
59 minutes ago, SafariJoint said:

Anybody else on the waitlist under the D category? My stats are 3.8 gpa and 164 lsat. Not counting on my chances too much at the moment.

I was moved to General but was not waitlisted as far as I can see. Did your status change to say waitlist?

leftphalange
  • Law School Admit
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, SafariJoint said:

I got a rejection outright.  Thought my stats are not very far off from some others here.  

Perhaps I am just too old for their taste, being in my late 40s.

Edited by leftphalange

SafariJoint
  • Applicant
On 4/29/2024 at 11:09 AM, Layton1313 said:

I was moved to General but was not waitlisted as far as I can see. Did your status change to say waitlist?

Yess it changed a couple weeks ago to say "Waitlist" under D category. I called the admissions office and they said the earliest I can hear back is May 8th because that's when the 1st round of offers expire (I think that's what she meant, not sure though).