Decision Pending

cjs

cjs
  • Law Student

Hello! Today my status changed from “complete ready for review” to “decision pending” and the letter grade appeared next to my transcript.  For those who have been accepted, do you recall how long it was between this and receiving an outcome?  Thanks in advance for any replies 🙂

Edited by cjs
  • Like 2

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
11 hours ago, cjs said:

Hello! Today my status changed from “complete ready for review” to “decision pending” and the letter grade appeared next to my transcript.  For those who have been accepted, do you recall how long it was between this and receiving an outcome?  Thanks in advance for any replies 🙂

Good luck! Let us know what happens

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
13 hours ago, cjs said:

I forgot to ask when your app went complete?

cjs
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

I forgot to ask when your app went complete?

Thanks so much!

I applied Dec 21.  Everything was in by Jan. 28 and I wrote the Jan LSAT.

• Like 1

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit
On 3/7/2022 at 9:35 PM, cjs said:

@cjs For me, the letter grade appeared in the transcript row on Feb 14 or 15 and I got the acceptance call on Feb 28. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1

cjs
  • Law Student
31 minutes ago, pinsandneedles said:

@cjs For me, the letter grade appeared in the transcript row on Feb 14 or 15 and I got the acceptance call on Feb 28. Hope this helps! 

Thanks so much! Hoping for some news within the next week 🙂

Lawyer1017
  • Law School Admit
51 minutes ago, Dan-Sam said:

Any update CJS? Hope you are in.

CJS will likely be in after the March 22 acceptance deadline as one of the first admitted if they have not been admitted yet

Lawyer1017
  • Law School Admit
18 minutes ago, cjs said:

Hello! No nothing yet...fingers crossed 🙂  What about you guys?

Nothing yet! After March 22 there should be some offers I’d assume with ppl declining and it being relatively early for the waitlist to be created.

You got solid numbers! Just a matter of time in my humble opinion! 

• Thanks 1

Dan-Sam
  • Applicant
11 hours ago, cjs said:

Thanks so much!! I hope you hear back soon!

My status changed to decision pending yesterday, and I have not been assigned a grade, I think the reason is that I got my bachelor degree in China, my Lsat is similar as yours. Do you guys know when they will inform the rejection?

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
5 minutes ago, Dan-Sam said:

My status changed to decision pending yesterday, and I have not been assigned a grade, I think the reason is that I got my bachelor degree in China, my Lsat is similar as yours. Do you guys know when they will inform the rejection?

I’ve been pending with a letter grade for over a week! It could take weeks or months. Nobody knows. I’m assuming at this point most schools are waiting to see how many seats remain from offers already extended. 

Dan-Sam
  • Applicant
7 minutes ago, Lawyerup36 said:

I’ve been pending with a letter grade for over a week! It could take weeks or months. Nobody knows. I’m assuming at this point most schools are waiting to see how many seats remain from offers already extended. 

Thanks for your explanation, they replied that they will give out all the offers and rejections by the end of May.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
32 minutes ago, Dan-Sam said:

Thanks for your explanation, they replied that they will give out all the offers and rejections by the end of May.

Sounds about right based on the deadline to accept. 

• Like 1

Dan-Sam
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Lawyerup36 said:

Sounds about right based on the deadline to accept. 

Is there a deadline to accept ? Like if I cannot get an offer before April 1, then I must be rejected?

Thanks.

Lawyer1017
  • Law School Admit
6 hours ago, Dan-Sam said:

Is there a deadline to accept ? Like if I cannot get an offer before April 1, then I must be rejected?

Thanks.

Na Na nothing like that. From previous cycles you can see from the threads saved from LS.Ca that final wave before the waitlist goes out mid April. The waitlist forms around mid to late April and if you are waitlisted, you may be accepted throughout the summer up till the first week of sept. Rejections last year began mid april (16th or 17th iirc). 

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
On 3/18/2022 at 4:28 PM, Dan-Sam said:

Thanks.

No no, as said the deadline doesn’t mean your rejected. They usually at this point have to be mindful of further acceptances until they know how many people are accepting the offers already out. After they have a better idea of seats remaining, they will extend further offers and then proceed with waits and rejections. And even waitlisted applicants will still see movement throughout the summer. But no! It doesn’t mean you’ve been rejected at all. Unfortunately it’s still just a waiting game. 

Dan-Sam
  • Applicant
On 3/20/2022 at 8:10 AM, Lawyerup36 said:

No no, as said the deadline doesn’t mean your rejected. They usually at this point have to be mindful of further acceptances until they know how many people are accepting the offers already out. After they have a better idea of seats remaining, they will extend further offers and then proceed with waits and rejections. And even waitlisted applicants will still see movement throughout the summer. But no! It doesn’t mean you’ve been rejected at all. Unfortunately it’s still just a waiting game. 

Thanks for your explanation, do you think there is another wave of offers in the end of March?

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
20 minutes ago, Dan-Sam said:

Thanks for your explanation, do you think there is another wave of offers in the end of March?

Likely yes but it will not be a big wave.

Lawyer1017
  • Law School Admit
1 hour ago, HarryCrane said:

Likely yes but it will not be a big wave.

Is it because the class may be full or you would expect another wave in April? 

• Like 1

Lawyerup36
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Dan-Sam said:

I suspect a small sporadic wave of offers in the next two weeks, followed by waitlists and rejections in April and May. But this is not confirmed, purely an educated guess based on previous cycles and other universities. I also expect that the more holistic applicants will be looked at in April.