Toronto 1L Recruit 2024

grassfedcow0231

legalbarbie
  • Law Student

PFO Blakes just now

Edited by legalbarbie

Rigel
  • Applicant

PFO Blakes, Dentons. A little bit frustarted, thought I have good grades and law firm experience.

MeowMeow6
  • Law Student

How does it work with Calgary firms? Do they send out "ITCs" or the equivalent before "call day" (Monday) or is it just directly invitations and rejections because it's by email?

StoneMason
  • Law Student

Do firms usually send out ITCs / PFOs on the weekend? Or is it safe to assume we won't be hearing from them until Monday?

49 minutes ago, StoneMason said:

Do firms usually send out ITCs / PFOs on the weekend? Or is it safe to assume we won't be hearing from them until Monday?

I don't remember any coming on weekends. 

• Like 1

Rigel
  • Applicant

Apparently many have received ITC email from McMillan and A&B. I still heard nothing from these two firms, can I treat this as PFOs? BTW anyone ever received confirmation email from A&B? I haven't received on after submission.

GoatDuck
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, Rigel said:

can I treat this as PFOs?

Nothing is a PFO unless it’s a PFO 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dinsdale
  • Lawyer
On 2/1/2024 at 5:17 PM, Rigel said:

It's really a small recruitment, I don't think it would make sense for firms to do them by each school

It may be small in terms of number of positions offered, but from the firm side it still receives quite a large number of applicants (not as many as 2L but still, a lot), so it takes time to send out all the ITCs and PFOs.  So yes, I might do them by school, prioritizing the schools where I have the most ITCs to get out.

21 hours ago, omigone said:

This isn't publicly known. If you extrapolate from the 2024 OCI numbers, it's something like 5-10% of applications that go from application to in-firms (https://ultravires.ca/2023/11/toronto-summer-2024-2l-recruit-numbers/).

I would assume that this is what you'd expect for number of 1L interviews.

Fewer. This is where it is more relevant to say "its a tiny recruit".  No need to interview 80 or 90 applicants.

20 hours ago, chaboywb said:

Trust a law student to find a way to stress themselves out over receiving a job interview with one of the pickiest firms in the country.

Exactly.  Lol.  Sawsuitsonce is clearly Davies material.  We're in the worst-case scenario business after all, right?

Just to reiterate what I've said before, timing of ITCs, etc., means absolutely nothing.  It means only that the student director has a ton of messages to get out and she needs some time to get to them all!

Edited by Dinsdale

Dinsdale
  • Lawyer
15 hours ago, StoneMason said:

Depends totally on whether the student director feels like (or needs to) work on the weekend.  Again, don't overthink it.

Rigel
  • Applicant
3 hours ago, Mide said:

ITC McMillan 3hrs ago

Can't believe they send it on weekend 😮

1 hour ago, Rigel said:

Can't believe they send it on weekend 😮

I know! That's why I made sure to post in case anyone else was wondering if they sent any responses during the weekend.

• Like 1

Rigel
  • Applicant
1 hour ago, Mide said:

I know! That's why I made sure to post in case anyone else was wondering if they sent any responses during the weekend.

Mind sharing your school? Wondering if they send them school by school

MeowMeow6
  • Law Student

Has anyone heard news from any other firms? 

Edited by MeowMeow6

StoneMason
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, MeowMeow6 said:

News from any other firms? 

Let's let the firms finish their morning coffee before destroying our hopes and dreams pls.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4