Toronto 1L Recruit 2024

grassfedcow0231

Wishmeluck
  • Applicant

Does anyone have an idea on roughly how many interviews a firm will offer?

Whatshappening
  • Law Student

So what actually happens on call day? What happens if they call you at the same time? What do you need to tell them?

LMP
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, Whatshappening said:

So what actually happens on call day? What happens if they call you at the same time? What do you need to tell them?

So there are two call days, I assume you are talking about intevriew call day. The firm will say "hey we want to intevriew you" and either give you a range of times or ask what time works for you. 

If you have overlapping calls you have to call them back. It will happen, don't stress it. They'll leave a message so have your voice mail set up. 

• Thanks 3

Hotpocket
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, leapfrog said:

Any word on gov job interview offers?

I just got a call from MAG

ronronisawesome
13 minutes ago, whyamiinlawschool said:

Did Smart & Biggar call?

just got an ITC email from them

B_Stone
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, lawstudentbroke said:

hicks Morley anyone? 

I got an ITC yesterday and a call this morning

Dinsdale
  • Lawyer
14 minutes ago, minions said:

Anyone heard from Bereskin & Parr?

If they sent you an ITC, then they will call.  Otherwise, and even though the 1L recruit is maybe a bit more casual than the 2L, calls take place promptly at 8:00 a.m. on calls day.  So if they haven't called by now, they are not calling (unless something very unusual happens).  Sorry.

• 3 weeks later...
omigone
  • Law Student

Calls for offers for the 1L recruit take place at 5pm on call day (today). Save for any applicants rejecting their offers and the Firm needing to fill an additional spot, it's unlikely any calls would be made after 7pm. 

And yes, I have heard from 1Ls who have firmly accepted their offers. I'm sorry but if you even made it to the interview stage in 1L, you're a very strong candidate and should have no problem in OCIs.

https://lso.ca/becoming-licensed/lawyer-licensing-process/articling-candidates/finding-a-placement/2024-toronto-summer-student-recruitment-procedures

Edited by omigone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

grassfedcow0231

Any advice for keeping your head up after not getting a job this time around?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, legally2026 said:

Has anyone heard back from firms regarding offers? 

Got offers from McMillan and McCarthy but accepted McMillan!

• Like 2

Dinsdale
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, Mide said:

Got offers from McMillan and McCarthy but accepted McMillan!

Why?

48 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Why?

Many reasons…but the main being McMillan just adopted a new strategic management plan that I really think will help me start building my legal profile more than McCarthys would from what I saw during the whole recruiting process (I hadn’t even thought about building my “legal portfolio” until I had all my chats with partners at McMillan:))

Edited by Mide
  • Like 1