mewtwo101
  • Law Student
8 hours ago, Allard2024 said:

Just one FC so far. Got the email yesterday 

Same here

• Like 1

RollAND
  • Applicant

FYI, In my case too it was en email (for the FC)

Edited by RollAND

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

For those that have received interview requests already: Had you taken any of IP, tax, or immigration?

I'm thinking maybe because I hadn't taken any of these courses that I may not be attractive to the FC, despite high grades. My primary interests are administrative and aboriginal law. 

RollAND
  • Applicant
8 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

For those that have received interview requests already: Had you taken any of IP, tax, or immigration?

I'm thinking maybe because I hadn't taken any of these courses that I may not be attractive to the FC, despite high grades. My primary interests are administrative and aboriginal law. 

Took an immigration class. No IP or tax. 

(I don’t know but I would say don’t overthink it, or try to guess why you weren’t called, especially at this stage. This is energy you may need later on and cannot afford to spend on second guessing yourself quite yet. Offers will still be made in the next few weeks, the FC is a large machine and from what I understand some judges might not have started extending offers.)

Edited by RollAND

traintogo
  • Law Student

I wish we could just say which justices have sent out interviews. Would be nice to have that applicant side transparency, but I guess it ultimately doesn’t matter

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

I spoke too soon. Got an invite from the FC this morning.

• Like 8

Luckylaw1000
  • Applicant

Has anyone heard about ONSC in Toronto, Brampton or Divisional Court? Are these typically done over the phone or email? Thanks for any help!

Goblin King
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Luckylaw1000 said:

Has anyone heard about ONSC in Toronto, Brampton or Divisional Court? Are these typically done over the phone or email? Thanks for any help!

Only the southwestern region here! 

Goblin King
  • Law Student

Received an FC interview today, so they're trickling in.

• Like 3

increasinglyhopeless
  • Law Student

FCA has started trickling in - just got an interview request

• Like 1

itsme
  • Law Student
38 minutes ago, lawnerd5050 said:

Any news on SCC yet? 🙂

The interviews (and application date) were a week later this year than last year. On that basis, I would expect them to come late this week / early next. 

Edited by itsme

increasinglyhopeless
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, itsme said:

The interviews (and application date) were a week later this year than last year. On that basis, I would expect them to come late this week / early next. 

Do you know if they'll call or email?

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

It's still early in the game for FC/FCA, right? I'm thrilled to get an invite, but I'd like to statistically increase my chances of landing a clerkship by interviewing with more judges than just one.

tiktok
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

It's still early in the game for FC/FCA, right? I'm thrilled to get an invite, but I'd like to statistically increase my chances of landing a clerkship by interviewing with more judges than just one.

Is it normal for people to have multiple interviews with FC justices? Like 5-6?

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, tiktok said:

Is it normal for people to have multiple interviews with FC justices? Like 5-6?

In my interview with FC last year, the judge mentioned that if you receive an invitation to interview with one judge, you're likely to receive interview requests from other judges.

tiktok
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

In my interview with FC last year, the judge mentioned that if you receive an invitation to interview with one judge, you're likely to receive interview requests from other judges.

So in a pool of 300+ candidates, some with have multiple interview invites while others will have none. 😮 it's still early in the game, so fingers crossed for us! 

Edited by tiktok

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, tiktok said:

So in a pool of 300+ candidates, some with have multiple interview invites while others will have none. 😮 it's still early in the game, so fingers crossed for us! 

That being said, I only received one interview last year. Others can confirm whether its conventional for candidates to receive multiple interviews, I'm not sure.

increasinglyhopeless
  • Law Student
46 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

That being said, I only received one interview last year. Others can confirm whether its conventional for candidates to receive multiple interviews, I'm not sure.

Yeah I had three interviews last year for FC that trickled in over a couple of weeks I think.

Edited by increasinglyhopeless
Typo

PlainsGal
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, increasinglyhopeless said:

Yeah I had three interviews last year for FC that trickled in over a couple of weeks I think.

Yes! I had six last year from mid-Feb to the very last week of Feb. I think that some Js are doing their recruitment pretty last minute, especially at the FC

• Like 1

itsme
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, increasinglyhopeless said:

Do you know if they'll call or email?

No clue. I just cross-referenced this year’s dates with last year’s. I don’t have any insight beyond that, sadly. 

notsocoolcucumber
  • Lawyer

Hi all, I clerked at one of the Federal Courts recently and thought it might be helpful to clarify a few things. I can confirm that interviews for the FCA and FC are offered on a one-to-one basis throughout the entire month. Depending on judges' schedules, they will not offer interviews until the end of the month or they will complete their interviews as soon as possible. This changes every year because the schedule changes every year. Most interviews will be done by the 6th or so. And most job offers will go out by March 8th, which is one week after the SCC makes offers this year. ONCA and BCCA will also offer on that day (I suspect March 7th or 8th).

SCC interviews will likely be the week of the 26th and interview offers will probably only come out 2 weeks before that (last year, interview offers came out on two days). I hope this helps reduce some panic - good luck! 🙂 

Edited by notsocoolcucumber
  • Like 4