Clerkship Interviews: 2025-2026

Goblin King

Goblin King
  • Law Student

I got one on Wednesday. 

3 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Anyone know if more FC invites are still going out?

• Like 1

tiktok
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I think more invites could come out next week 

notsocoolcucumber
  • Lawyer

Apologies if I am sounding a bit like a broken record, but interviews for both the FCA/FC will continue until 1-2 days before offers go out. While many judges have likely sent out interviews, there will always be a handful of judges who have not and will not until the end of next week or even early the following. 

• Like 1

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student
3 hours ago, notsocoolcucumber said:

Apologies if I am sounding a bit like a broken record, but interviews for both the FCA/FC will continue until 1-2 days before offers go out. While many judges have likely sent out interviews, there will always be a handful of judges who have not and will not until the end of next week or even early the following. 

No need to apologize, I appreciate the info. I'm just anxious is all.

• Hugs 1

christinesinclair
  • Law Student

Can confirm more are going out this week from the FC! Just woke up to one in my inbox. 

• Like 1

JD incoming
  • Law Student

Has anyone received interview offers from Justices Grammond, Norris, Favel, Pamel?

tiktok
  • Law Student

Does anyone know if FCA interviews are usually more law-focussed than FC interviews?

Goblin King
  • Law Student

Anyone know when BC second round interviews may be coming out? 

culitigator
  • Law School Admit

Do FC offers come out on a rolling basis? Or all at the same time? Thanks!

oatsstoat
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, Goblin King said:

Anyone know when BC second round interviews may be coming out? 

If I remember correctly, they should come out sometime next week?

Goblin King
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, oatsstoat said:

If I remember correctly, they should come out sometime next week?

Yeah I absolutely blacked out during round 1 when the staff lawyer was explaining the timelines, but this sounds familiar.

• LOL 1

scooter
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, culitigator said:

Do FC offers come out on a rolling basis? Or all at the same time? Thanks!

Each FC judge does their own interviewing, so the interview invites can be sent out at different times

culitigator
  • Law School Admit
40 minutes ago, scooter said:

Each FC judge does their own interviewing, so the interview invites can be sent out at different times

Ya, sorry I understand that, but I'm wondering when offers of employment come out. Is that done on a rolling basis or is it all on one day later after SCC offers are given?

scooter
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, culitigator said:

Ya, sorry I understand that, but I'm wondering when offers of employment come out. Is that done on a rolling basis or is it all on one day later after SCC offers are given?

From last year’s thread it seemed like it was all on the same day, a week after SCC offers. And that day was also the same as the offers from FCA, ONCA, BCCA, ONSC etc. 

culitigator
  • Law School Admit
26 minutes ago, scooter said:

From last year’s thread it seemed like it was all on the same day, a week after SCC offers. And that day was also the same as the offers from FCA, ONCA, BCCA, ONSC etc. 

Gotcha. Thanks!

RollAND
  • Applicant
On 2/17/2024 at 1:57 PM, capitalttruth said:

They are! Received two today. Including one just before one of my SCC interviews.

Does anyone know how the judges would look upon me if I were to ask for a postponement? Is that even part of the accommodations they offer?

Doing two clerkships interviews in a row seems  risky.

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student

Damn : ( I geuss I will have to apply next year. I won't give up hope. I'll see if it's possible for a person who has applied after finishing articling can get an FC clerkship.

Were any of these recent invites from Justice Blackhawk? (new FC judge replacing Justice Zinn).

Edited by capitalttruth

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
9 hours ago, RollAND said:

They are! Received two today. Including one just before one of my SCC interviews.

Does anyone know how the judges would look upon me if I were to ask for a postponement? Is that even part of the accommodations they offer?

Doing two clerkships interviews in a row seems  risky.

I can’t speak to FC, but my interview offers made it clear I could move it if I needed to if scheduling was an issue. I would suspect they wouldn’t offer that if they were going to look poorly on someone exercising the option. 

christinesinclair
  • Law Student

See, I sent an email asking if I could move my interview for the FC and it seemed like they said no (they called me and reiterated what date and time it was at). I honestly felt like maybe the woman on the phone didn’t understand what I was asking, but she didn’t seem to be budging at all so I just said I would make it work. 

HarryCrane
  • Articling Student
3 hours ago, christinesinclair said:

See, I sent an email asking if I could move my interview for the FC and it seemed like they said no (they called me and reiterated what date and time it was at). I honestly felt like maybe the woman on the phone didn’t understand what I was asking, but she didn’t seem to be budging at all so I just said I would make it work. 

As I sort of alluded to, I don’t know what the FC email looked like, so it might very well have not been an option so the person you spoke to wasn’t misunderstanding you, it just isn’t an option. 

It wouldn’t shock me if they knew why you wanted to move it (I got the impression in my interviews the courts are *very* aware of other court recruitment timelines).

Goblin King
  • Law Student

BCCA second round interviews are out circa 1h ago.

• Like 1

js99
  • Law Student
45 minutes ago, Goblin King said:

BCCA second round interviews are out circa 1h ago.

Does anyone know if other courts also do second round interviews?

(particularly: FCA, ONSC, ONCA).

scooter
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, js99 said:

Does anyone know if other courts also do second round interviews?

(particularly: FCA, ONSC, ONCA).

No, it's just BC courts that do it that way. They do a first round with a lawyer and then short list people for a second round with judges. FCA, ONSC, ONCA you just go straight to interviewing with the judges.