Clerkship Interviews: 2025-2026

Goblin King

dragoncandyshark
  • Law Student

Can confirm call from latter half of seniority about about an hour and a half ago! How does the draft pick process work? 

• Like 1

multilingualcat
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, acceptcookies said:

For anyone interested (and without giving too much away re: identifying info) the judge that called was in the top half in terms of seniority! So if they're going "draft pick" style, there's certainly more calls that will go out!

Congrats! Out of curiosity did you also interview with the fca as a bilingual candidate this Cycle?

itsme
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, July said:

Is it safe to assume SCC calls are done?

Based on email I just got, safe to say 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

acceptcookies
18 hours ago, multilingualcat said:

Congrats! Out of curiosity did you also interview with the fca as a bilingual candidate this Cycle?

I did not interview with the FCA 🙂 

traintogo
  • Law Student

Have Justice Blackhawk and Grant (just appointed) sent out interviews?

Edited by Allard2024

Scrantonicity2
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Allard2024 said:

Have Justice Blackhawk and Grant (just appointed) sent out interviews?

Yes.

law777
  • Law Student

Can anyone please tell me if they know when Ontario Superior Court (ONSC) offers will go out? Will they go out this week?

Goblin King
  • Law Student

Am I the only one a little confused by the BCCA interview process. I thought the second interview went well, but it was only 15 minutes. The website said that they would be 30 minutes.

lawfulactivity
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, Goblin King said:

Am I the only one a little confused by the BCCA interview process. I thought the second interview went well, but it was only 15 minutes. The website said that they would be 30 minutes.

In their email invitation to me, they mentioned it would be 15 minutes! So I think it is not an indication of their interest in your application at all 🙂

Edited by lawfulactivity
  • Like 4

JD incoming
  • Law Student

I know this is a firm based question but I was wondering if someone can give me advice regarding clerking at the FC after completing my articling at a big law firm in Ottawa. 

i am unsure how the firm will look at this: will they encourage it? Does anyone have any experience?

notsocoolcucumber
  • Lawyer

Many clerks do this! And in my experience, it is highly advantageous to article with a firm and then return after clerking vs. articling at the Court and returning after that.

Some firms will allow you to sign an offer for your return before you leave or present an open ended offer to come back if you wish. Others may want to wait until your clerkship is almost over to see if working there is still what you want/ or they may want you to compete with the more recent articling students for the first year associate position.

Finally, firms should let you return as your year of call, although I think those with multiple clerkships under their belt may not always be able to do this.

The last thing I will say is that if a firm is annoying about clerking, it is not the firm for you! Clerking is a fantastic opportunity and any firm should be thrilled for you.

17 minutes ago, JD incoming said:

I know this is a firm based question but I was wondering if someone can give me advice regarding clerking at the FC after completing my articling at a big law firm in Ottawa. 

i am unsure how the firm will look at this: will they encourage it? Does anyone have any experience?

Edited by notsocoolcucumber
  • Like 1

Goblin King
  • Law Student

Am I correct that tomorrow is when FCA/FC/BCCA/and ONCA start coming out? 

• Like 1

tiktok
  • Law Student
13 minutes ago, Goblin King said:

That was also my impression, but idk.... in the past they have always called on a friday so... 

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student
18 minutes ago, Goblin King said:

I was told that all FC offers will be made tomorrow at 3pm.

• Like 2

tiktok
  • Law Student

has anyone asked the federal clerkship coordinators if they could expect a call tomorrow? I read in the 2024-2025 thread that this was an option, but idk... seems a bit brazen. 

Edited by tiktok

tiktok
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Do you know if they will call selected candidates? 

scooter
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, tiktok said:

has anyone asked the federal clerkship coordinators if they could expect a call tomorrow? I read in the 2024-2025 that this was an option, but idk... seems a bit brazen. 

At this point it seems like you should just wait until tomorrow... lol. They aren't going to tell you if you're getting an offer ahead of time if that's what you're asking?

On 3/3/2024 at 8:49 PM, law777 said:

Can anyone please tell me if they know when Ontario Superior Court (ONSC) offers will go out? Will they go out this week?

I asked about the timing for ONSC and they wouldn't say a specific day, but they did say that it would be around the same time or soon after ONCA (so I guess maybe Friday/Monday? stay tuned on the thread I guess). They also said that the ONSC offers will likely take more than one day to go out.

A Moving Potato
  • Law Student
27 minutes ago, Goblin King said:

Is it tomorrow? My CSO said it was Friday. Also, anyone else highly anxious? 😅

• Like 1

Goblin King
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, A Moving Potato said:

Is it tomorrow? My CSO said it was Friday. Also, anyone else highly anxious? 😅

According to the BCCA it's tomorrow into friday. 

• Like 1

culitigator
  • Law School Admit

Is there any way for us to know which Judges have made their offers once they go out? I imagine people won't want to share which judge they will be working for on this site for privacy reasons. I ask because I  only had one interview, so I'd love to know if that judge chose their clerk so that I'm not left waiting/wondering. 

Edited by culitigator

olawg
  • Law Student
6 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Does anyone know if this includes the FCA? Does FCA usually come out at the same time, or a few hours prior?

lawstudent1
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, olawg said:

Does anyone know if this includes the FCA? Does FCA usually come out at the same time, or a few hours prior?

I know last year they came out at the exact same time.

• Like 1

JD incoming
  • Law Student

For FC offers, do they email or call you? 

notsocoolcucumber
  • Lawyer

FC/FCA offers are made over the phone via the law clerk program managers. If you do not take the phone call, they will leave you a message. No stress!