Clerkship Interviews: 2025-2026

Goblin King

justsomeguy
  • Law Student
38 minutes ago, ElleWoods2024 said:

I received a call this morning for ONSC. It was around 9:00 am so calls were likely going out throughout the whole day. However, I'm not sure if all the spots are filled because I haven't seen any emails saying they're done making offers. 

Congrats!

Would you happen to know if offers go out in the same manner as the invitations for interviews? I know East region invitations went out very late and I was told that the invitations were sent out in waves depending on region. Wondering if it's the same with offers, especially considering East region interviews were only this week whereas Toronto was early February.

ElleWoods2024
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, justsomeguy said:

Congrats!

Would you happen to know if offers go out in the same manner as the invitations for interviews? I know East region invitations went out very late and I was told that the invitations were sent out in waves depending on region. Wondering if it's the same with offers, especially considering East region interviews were only this week whereas Toronto was early February.

Thank you! I'm sorry, I'm not completely sure. But my guess is that they do it by region because it's just one person (Manager of Program Support) making all the calls. The call I got this morning was for the Central West region so it's entirely possible she hasn't gotten to making calls for the other regions yet. 

• Like 1

justsomeguy
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, ElleWoods2024 said:

Thank you! I'm sorry, I'm not completely sure. But my guess is that they do it by region because it's just one person (Manager of Program Support) making all the calls. The call I got this morning was for the Central West region so it's entirely possible she hasn't gotten to making calls for the other regions yet. 

All good. And that would make sense - I think Toronto and Central West were the first regions to get invites (I know someone mentioned getting Div Court offer yesterday as well), so I'm thinking you're right. I guess nothing to do but wait and see.

123lawstudent123
  • Law Student

I was wondering if anyone who accepted an offer from the ONCA has received an email with more information/their official offer letter yet? I verbally accepted my offer on the phone but want to make sure I'm not missing anything! Thank you in advance. 

Goblin King
  • Law Student
18 hours ago, 123lawstudent123 said:

I was wondering if anyone who accepted an offer from the ONCA has received an email with more information/their official offer letter yet? I verbally accepted my offer on the phone but want to make sure I'm not missing anything! Thank you in advance. 

I accepted on thursday, and haven't received anything yet, so I wouldn't worry. 

• Thanks 1

RollAND
  • Applicant
On 3/7/2024 at 5:50 PM, capitalttruth said:

Safe to say I'm probably out of the running for this year. Two years in a row now. I'll see if it's worth applying again next year.

FYI, if it helps anyone, got invited to new interviews at the FC today so I can confirm they truly are not done. 

Edited by RollAND
  • Like 4

FellowTraveler
  • Law Student
On 3/1/2024 at 7:48 AM, RollAND said:

Worth two cents and not more + I have not been contacted for her specifically, but given the timeline I have seen with judges who were appointed in late 2023-early 2024, it would make sense if she hadn’t started!

In my experience, the administration also takes over for new appointees, she may wanna find people for both 2024-2025 and 2025-2026, so they may email you asking whether you would be available to start in August 2024 to create a mini pool for her, even before they start rolling out interview offers. 

Justice Blackhawk and Grant have interviewed for the 2024 cycle, at least (starting April, not August). I know one of the successful clerks who interviewed with both.

• Thanks 1

torontowaxy
  • Lawyer
On 3/10/2024 at 2:28 PM, Goblin King said:

I accepted on thursday, and haven't received anything yet, so I wouldn't worry. 

Also accepted ONCA and haven't received a confirmation email. Hope it's ok.

• Thanks 1

lawfulactivity
  • Law Student
10 hours ago, torontowaxy said:

Also accepted ONCA and haven't received a confirmation email. Hope it's ok.

At another court, it took 3-4 business days + weekend before I received anything, so don't stress! That whole time I kept checking my call history to make sure I was not hallucinating 😆

• Thanks 1

tiktok
  • Law Student

Does anyone know when the FC will send the employment contract to the selected candidates?

oatsstoat
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, icecreamluver said:

Has anyone heard from BCSC?

Also waiting 👀

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Byzantine
  • Law Student

Haven't heard anything either. I think they said we'd hear today, right? 

oatsstoat
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, Byzantine said:

Haven't heard anything either. I think they said we'd hear today, right? 

I recall them saying it would be early this week. But they didn’t give me a specific day / time. 😮 

Edited by oatsstoat

icecreamluver
  • Law Student

They told me Monday morning hence my panic lol

• Hugs 1

perryplatypus
  • Articling Student

BCSC went out this morning 

• Like 3

culitigator
  • Law School Admit

So is FC still rolling out or is that process done too? I haven't received an email from the FC saying the hiring is done (like they did with the FCA), so I'm just curious 

mewtwo101
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, culitigator said:

So is FC still rolling out or is that process done too? I haven't received an email from the FC saying the hiring is done (like they did with the FCA), so I'm just curious 

Wondering the same!

olawg
  • Law Student

I believe last year a few interviews trickled out in late March/early April and then the Associate Judges interviewed for 3 spots in late May/early June--but things can change from year to year. 

culitigator
  • Law School Admit
37 minutes ago, olawg said:

I believe last year a few interviews trickled out in late March/early April and then the Associate Judges interviewed for 3 spots in late May/early June--but things can change from year to year. 

Do you think it's safe to say that if I interviewed over a month ago, that judge has already chosen their clerk? 

tiktok
  • Law Student
7 hours ago, culitigator said:

Do you think it's safe to say that if I interviewed over a month ago, that judge has already chosen their clerk? 

I think the program coordinator would answer that question if you called tbh. 

lawfulactivity
  • Law Student
21 hours ago, mewtwo101 said:

Wondering the same!

FC is completed - email just came out this morning informing me that they have completed hiring.

• Like 1

anon1234
  • Law Student

Are other people who accepted an ONSC offer on the phone still waiting for a follow-up email?

Guest Anonymous
33 minutes ago, anon1234 said:

Are other people who accepted an ONSC offer on the phone still waiting for a follow-up email?

Yup, I am in the same boat. I asked the clerkship manager about written contracts when I accepted on the phone, and she said it would take at least a few weeks. So I would say nothing to worry about at this point.

anon1234
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, Guest Anonymous said:

Yup, I am in the same boat. I asked the clerkship manager about written contracts when I accepted on the phone, and she said it would take at least a few weeks. So I would say nothing to worry about at this point.

Thanks!