Clerkship Interviews: 2025-2026

Goblin King

Ribbons
  • Law Student

28 minutes ago, lawnerd5050 said:

Are we thinking another round of SCC interview invites will be going out today like last year?

I am hoping so. Everyone I have heard from was offered 3 interviews. I am crossing my fingers that there is a second wave of students that only got 1-2?

lawnerd5050
  • Articling Student
3 minutes ago, Ribbons said:

I am hoping so. Everyone I have heard from was offered 3 interviews. I am crossing my fingers that there is a second wave of students that only got 1-2?

One of my co-workers got a Day 2 invite last year and got all three interviews! My impression was that last year they sent them out in groups by school, i.e., certain schools Day 1, certain schools Day 2.

• Like 2

reasonableperson2024
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, Ribbons said:

I heard yesterday and got 1 interview. 

• Like 1

Ribbons
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, reasonableperson2024 said:

I heard yesterday and got 1 interview. 

Ah shoot, okay Lawnerd5050s comment helps things make sense tho! Still hopeful that its possible 🙂 

• Like 1

increasinglyhopeless
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Ribbons said:

Ah shoot, okay Lawnerd5050s comment helps things make sense tho! Still hopeful that its possible 🙂 

I feel you. It’s so disheartening 😢 This is my second time applying and not getting an interview.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

jakebrigance99
  • Applicant

Does anyone mind sharing which judges they have gotten interviews with for FCA so far? I've gotten one from Justice Monaghan but just wanted to gauge how far completed this process is :) Thanks! 

PlainsGal
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, jakebrigance99 said:

Does anyone mind sharing which judges they have gotten interviews with for FCA so far? I've gotten one from Justice Monaghan but just wanted to gauge how far completed this process is 🙂 Thanks! 

Stratas, de Montigny and MacTavish have gone out 🙂

lawfulactivity
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, quérulente said:

+ Justice Goyette

anon48
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, quérulente said:

2 minutes ago, lawfulactivity said:

+ Justice Goyette

+ Justice Woods and Justice Webb.

js99
  • Law Student

Has anyone received a SCC interview offer today - or are we just aware of the ones from yesterday at this point?

Secondly, is anyone willing to share (anonymously if you wish) if UofT or Osgoode interview offers have gone out? I am at Osgoode and another applicant I know is at UofT. Neither of us know anyone that applied at our respective schools who has gotten an interview offer yet.

Edited by js99
embarrassing spelling eror, lol

itsme
  • Law Student
11 minutes ago, js99 said:

Has anyone received a SCC interview offer today - or are we just aware of the ones from yesterday at this point?

Secondly, is anyone willing to share (anonymously if you wish) if UofT or Osgoode interview offers have gone out? I am at Osgoode and another applicant I know is at UofT. Neither of us know anyone that applied at our respective schools who has gotten an interview offer yet.

There are people at Osgoode who received SCC invites yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

lawnerd5050
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, js99 said:

Similar to this, anyone from Dal get an invite? 🙂 

notsocoolcucumber
  • Lawyer

Does anyone have insight into interviewing with Cote? Is it fair to treat it as similar to an interview with Rowe? 

law777
  • Law Student

Hi everyone, 

Did anyone receive any interview invites for Ontario Superior Court of Justice? Specifically, Toronto or any location within driving distance to Toronto (Brampton, Newmarket, etc.).

Does anyone know when we can expect to start receiving interview invites for ONSC? I have not received any invites yet for ONSC.

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by law777

ellywoodsy
  • Articling Student

Does anyone who has interviewed with the SCC panel know if they tend to stick to your language preference for interviews or should I be prepared to field questions in both languages if I am applying as a bilingual candidate?  

scooter
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, ellywoodsy said:

Does anyone who has interviewed with the SCC panel know if they tend to stick to your language preference for interviews or should I be prepared to field questions in both languages if I am applying as a bilingual candidate?  

If you've indicated bilingualism on your application, you should be prepared to answer at least one question in your second language

scooter
  • Law Student
20 minutes ago, law777 said:

Did anyone receive any interview invites for Ontario Superior Court of Justice? Specifically, Toronto or any location within driving distance to Toronto (Brampton, Newmarket, etc.).

Does anyone know when we can expect to start receiving interview invites for ONSC? I have not received any invites yet for ONSC.

ONSC interviews happened this week, at least for some regions including Central West (Brampton/Milton) and Divisional Court in Toronto. The invites for those went out last week. I also heard of invites for Windsor/London being sent out two weeks ago. I'd expect other regions' interviews also happened this week as well, although maybe not all of them. However interview invites/scheduling were centralized with the office of the chief justice, so I would sorta expect that they all went out around the same time. Sorry 😞

law777
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, scooter said:

ONSC interviews happened this week, at least for some regions including Central West (Brampton/Milton) and Divisional Court in Toronto. The invites for those went out last week. I also heard of invites for Windsor/London being sent out two weeks ago. I'd expect other regions' interviews also happened this week as well, although maybe not all of them. However interview invites/scheduling were centralized with the office of the chief justice, so I would sorta expect that they all went out around the same time. Sorry 😞

Okay thanks for this information! Can anyone else please confirm if they have received interviews in Toronto, Newmarket, Oshawa, Ottawa, etc.?

ElleWoods2024
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, law777 said:

Okay thanks for this information! Can anyone else please confirm if they have received interviews in Toronto, Newmarket, Oshawa, Ottawa, etc.?

I can confirm getting interviews for SCJ Windsor, London, Toronto, and Brampton. The London/Windsor interviews wrapped up last week and the Toronto and Brampton interviews happened this week. I also applied to Hamilton but haven't heard anything about that. Usually it's safe to assume all the interview offers have gone out but the Southwest region started doing their interviews early this year so some of the other regions may still be lagging behind a bit. 

• Like 1

law777
  • Law Student
15 minutes ago, ElleWoods2024 said:

I can confirm getting interviews for SCJ Windsor, London, Toronto, and Brampton. The London/Windsor interviews wrapped up last week and the Toronto and Brampton interviews happened this week. I also applied to Hamilton but haven't heard anything about that. Usually it's safe to assume all the interview offers have gone out but the Southwest region started doing their interviews early this year so some of the other regions may still be lagging behind a bit. 

Hello, 

Thanks for this! Do you (or anyone else on here) know if locations that have already started interviewing could still offer interviews to other applicants? Or, do the locations do all of the interviews all at the same time?

scooter
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, law777 said:

Thanks for this! Do you (or anyone else on here) know if locations that have already started interviewing could still offer interviews to other applicants? Or, do the locations do all of the interviews all at the same time?

My guess would be that they do them all at the same time. When I scheduled mine it seemed like they had the entire day blocked off for interviews.

• Like 1

tiktok
  • Law Student
On 2/14/2024 at 1:11 PM, anon48 said:

+ Justice Woods and Justice Webb.

Does anyone know if all the invites for the FCA have gone out? Based on what has been said in this thread, we know Justices Stratas, de Montigny, MacTavish, Woods, Webb, and Goyette have sent out their invites already. 

christinesinclair
  • Law Student

Hey guys! I have an interview coming up with an Associate Judge at the FC. Should I expect the interview to be the same as it would be for a (non-Associate) Judge or is there something else that I should be aware of? Never had a clerkship interview before so I've got no idea what I'm doing lmao

tiktok
  • Law Student
27 minutes ago, christinesinclair said:

Hey guys! I have an interview coming up with an Associate Judge at the FC. Should I expect the interview to be the same as it would be for a (non-Associate) Judge or is there something else that I should be aware of? Never had a clerkship interview before so I've got no idea what I'm doing lmao

Shouldn't be any different than a regular interview at the FC, in my opinion. It's very judge-driven and they tend to focus on you as a person

capitalttruth
  • Articling Student

Anyone know if more FC invites are still going out?