What class did you score your highest mark in, and what class did you score you lowest mark in?

canuckfanatic

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
28 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

Well, as an incoming Osgoode 1L who has Hutchinson for Torts this didn't make me concerned in the slightest. 

sweating key and peele GIF

If it makes you feel better, I strongly disagree with part of the above. Hutch is an absolutely awful instructor. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

99problems
  • Lawyer
24 minutes ago, PlayALawyerOnTV said:

Well, as an incoming Osgoode 1L who has Hutchinson for Torts this didn't make me concerned in the slightest. 

sweating key and peele GIF

You'll probably find him a cool instructor (though heavily dogmatic and pro-plaintiff). But he grades the papers based on the feeling he gets from them. He reads a paper and is like "meh seems like a C, so it's a C then."

In two years, it is the only C I got. And it's not only me. I have a friend with almost all A+ grades, got a B in Torts with him. Anyhow, as you'll find out, the grades are curved, so there gonna be As in his class too.

Just side with the plaintiff all the time and shit on McLachlin's judgments, and you're golden.

Disbarred
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, MSK2021 said:

I had a C in torts. Had an A in advanced torts.

In truth, I'm not sure either mark really reflected my level of understanding. In the case of my C in torts, I got unlucky as I had prepared to write a conventional law exam and then walked into the exam room where I was asked to write a story for kids.

Must be Daum Shanks no?

Edited by Disbarred

99problems
  • Lawyer
8 minutes ago, Disbarred said:

Must be Daum Shanks no?

Another note to 1Ls at Osgoode, avoid Daum Shanks at all cost.

• Like 3

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
5 minutes ago, not not a lawyer said:

Another note to 1Ls at Osgoode, avoid Daum Shanks at all cost.

She's at Ottawa now.

• Sad 1

CleanHands
  • Lawyer

Oh and since this thread has turned into this, here's one for the UBC folk: Toby Goldbach is the worst professor I ever had in my entire academic career (not just law school, where the calibre of instructors was generally far higher than undergrad). And I'm not alone in feeling this way.

A huge chunk of the grading is based on "participation marks" which she uses to compel students to read off slides, engage in absurd Kindergarten-like activities like playing with stickers and making drawings, and to agree with her blatantly partisan takes on the class material. Grades are based on degrees of compliance with this nonsense.

To make this relevant to the OP; my worst grade was in jurisprudence thanks to Goldbach, but at least that gives me something in common with Denning.

Edited by CleanHands
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1