Accepted (Common Law) 2022

law000099
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

jetblack
  • Law School Admit

Got in Mar 27th via email. 

cGPA: 3.3x, L2:3.8x LSAT: 154, 157, 159

Will consider for a few days, but will probably decline quickly so as not to hold up anyone's spot! Good luck to all those waiting!

• Like 1

lawschoolapplicant77
  • Applicant

Accepted via ozone dated today 

CGPA: 3.67 

L2: 3.85 

LSAT 160 

• Like 1

tortstortoise
  • Law Student

Accepted today with an email prompting me to check my portal.

LSAT: 159

CGPA/L2: 3.74/3.83

Average ECs, applied general.

uoftearsalumna
  • Applicant
On 3/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, Nas101 said:

Does anyone know typically when final acceptances are sent out, wasn't too sure if acceptances will be sent in April?

wondering the same thing! I think ottawa will make offers past april and into the summer, as the two people i know at ottawa now both got in in may-june. im really wondering why i havent heard back, maybe it's cause they're waiting for my winter semester grades as i finish undergrad soon? not sure about anything anymore 😕

Boozey
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, uoftearsalumna said:

wondering the same thing! I think ottawa will make offers past april and into the summer, as the two people i know at ottawa now both got in in may-june. im really wondering why i havent heard back, maybe it's cause they're waiting for my winter semester grades as i finish undergrad soon? not sure about anything anymore 😕

On 3/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, Nas101 said:

Does anyone know typically when final acceptances are sent out, wasn't too sure if acceptances will be sent in April?

As per https://commonlaw.uottawa.ca/en/students/admissions/admissions-criteria/first-year-applicants/file-assessment-process:

"The first Offers of Admission are sent in early January. The Admissions Office will make every effort to notify applicants of decisions by late May. However, files continue to be assessed and students are advised if they have been placed on the waiting list. As responses are received, new spaces can open up until the end of August."

Jj3269
  • Applicant
On 1/13/2022 at 11:39 AM, jomar said:

ACCEPTED!

LSAT: 153

GPA: 3.74 (B2: 3.97)

Strong EC's and work experiences and personal statement 

Access & General 

Congrats! Question; is your B2 part of your undergrad? I am finishing up my masters and want to know if it’s the best two years of my academic career overall.

35 minutes ago, Jj3269 said:

Congrats! Question; is your B2 part of your undergrad? I am finishing up my masters and want to know if it’s the best two years of my academic career overall.

Hi, yes, it is apart of undergrad. OLSAS does not calculate your master's courses. 

bilron
  • Applicant

Does uOttawa use the cGPA found on OSLAS? Just curious what the hold up with my application is, maybe because I applied in General and Mature?

gglaw
  • Applicant
7 hours ago, bilron said:

Does uOttawa use the cGPA found on OSLAS? Just curious what the hold up with my application is, maybe because I applied in General and Mature?

yeah I believe they do use the OLSAS Gpa! I think the next wave may take a bit just as they're sorting out on how many people have firmly rejected them! Hope you hear soon 🙂

lollins
  • Applicant

accepted via UOzone this morning!!

cGPA/L2: 3.5/3.8

LSAT: 163

will be accepting as soon as it shows up on OLSAS, very excited to meet everyone this fall!

• Like 4

amalclooneystan
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning Via Uozone. 

cGPA: 3.64 L2: 3.7-3.8 

LSAT: 160 (only write) 

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear! 

Toast Viking
  • Law Student

Been waiting a while to make this post......

Accepted today via Uozone

cGpa: 3.63 L2: 3.84

LSAT: 161, one take

Good luck to everyone and don't lose hope!

Accepted today! 160 LSAT, 3.61 cGPA. Otherwise waitlisted Windsor, rejected UofT and Ryerson, and to be interviewed by Osgoode! 

Very happy! I did my bachelor's in Ottawa so I wouldn't mind returning! Furthermore, my second year of applying, so by mid-March I really started to believe it would never happen!

• Like 2

Rizepop
  • Law School Admit

This is delayed but I recently got this account 😊

Admitted: Feb. 16, 2022

CGPA (OLSAS): 3.11

LSAT: 159

Category: Mature

10 years experience in project management in financial services. Solid professional references. Really excited to start in fall 2022!

• Like 2

finallyalawstudent
  • Applicant

Accepted tonight via uOzone!

LSAT: 157- only take

cGPA: 3.76

L2/B2: 3.84

• Like 1

ornyslaw
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning 

GPA 3.1ish on OLSAS? Applied access

LSAT 166

SO HYPE BOYS LETS F GO

Edited by ornyslaw
  • Like 2

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit

Accepted around 8am this morning , over the moon right now!! So happy to be typing this right now. Rejected by Ryerson, and waitlisted by Windsor. uOttawa is my first acceptance, and I'll be accepting the offer! I'm buzzing. Congrats to everyone!

my stats:

2.72 cGpa (olsas) L2: 3.75 (olsas)

applied general , special considerations (medical/adversity stuff) 

LSAT 168 (one write) 

cGpa is super low after averaging with a previous (un-finished) degree. I transferred departments/universities, got some transfer credits, and scored 3.75 from then until now-- I'm graduating at the end of this month. I explained this as part of my PS. 

Edited by randomguy314
  • Like 4

ng5492022
  • Law School Admit
58 minutes ago, randomguy314 said:

Accepted around 8am this morning , over the moon right now!! So happy to be typing this right now. Rejected by Ryerson, and waitlisted by Windsor. uOttawa is my first acceptance, and I'll be accepting the offer! I'm buzzing. Congrats to everyone!

my stats:

2.72 cGpa (olsas) L2: 3.75 (olsas)

applied general , special considerations (medical/adversity stuff) 

LSAT 168 (one write) 

cGpa is super low after averaging with a previous (un-finished) degree. I transferred departments/universities, got some transfer credits, and scored 3.75 from then until now-- I'm graduating at the end of this month. I explained this as part of my PS. 

So happy for you! My stats are almost identical to yours -- also special circumstances. Your story gives me hope!

• Like 1

randomguy314
  • Law School Admit
42 minutes ago, ng5492022 said:

So happy for you! My stats are almost identical to yours -- also special circumstances. Your story gives me hope!

I honestly was super pessimistic about my odds... don't let the stats-anxiety get to you! 

This was my first cycle applying too-- Proof that us low cgpa splitters still stand a chance! Good luck 

• Like 1

Acceptance letter is dated for April 12th!

Accepted into the JD and the JD/MA program at NPSIA. 3.79 cGPA according to OLSAS and 158 LSAT. Will likely be accepting!!

• Like 3

Juh
  • Applicant

Accepted this afternoon! OLSAS gpa 3.44, L2 3.67, LSAT 167. Completing a masters degree,  likely accepting but still waiting on some other schools! This wait was killer, good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear:)

• Like 1

kimseokjinjjang
  • Applicant
On 3/27/2022 at 11:50 AM, CL19 said:

Accepted today! 

CGPA:3.47

L2:3.54

LSAT:162

This is my first offer and it means a lot to me ! 

do you mind sharing if you applied general? my stats are almost identical so this would help a lot 🙂