Accepted (Common Law) 2022

law000099
Ryn
Message added by Ryn,

Posts in this topic should be restricted to confirming your acceptance and including your stats. Quick clarifying questions to a post are permitted but any other type of post or discussion will be deleted. 

sjwmk
  • Law School Admit

Accepted Mid February 

166 lsat 

3.64 cgpa 

Rejected because I got into my first choice (U of c)

CL19
  • Law Student
On 4/13/2022 at 5:55 PM, kimseokjinjjang said:

do you mind sharing if you applied general? my stats are almost identical so this would help a lot 🙂

Yeah I applied general. Best luck to you my friend.

• Like 1

Chef Justice
  • Law Student

Admitted today!

cGPA: 3.48, L2: 3.88, LSAT: 163

Standard EC'S: part-time job through undergrad, student mentor, club executive, student council, etc.

• Like 3

bilron
  • Applicant

Admitted today. Won’t be accepting as it’s too late for me to arrange to move with my current career.

cGPA: 3.96. LSAT: 167

mjslava
  • Applicant
10 minutes ago, bilron said:

Admitted today. Won’t be accepting as it’s too late for me to arrange to move with my current career.

cGPA: 3.96. LSAT: 167

You were just accepted now? With those stats, I’m surprised it took this long.

Carl_Ohio6
  • Applicant
9 hours ago, mjslava said:

You were just accepted now? With those stats, I’m surprised it took this long.

Me too… I got accepted in late January with an almost identical cGPA and a 154… this is kinda shocking tbh.

mjslava
  • Applicant
6 minutes ago, Carl_Ohio6 said:

Me too… I got accepted in late January with an almost identical cGPA and a 154… this is kinda shocking tbh.

I wonder if there was a bit of yield protection going on. 

pinsandneedles
  • Law School Admit

Accepted today! And now my head is a mess.

LSAT: 169

cGPA (OLSAS calculated): 2.82

I thought I had decided on a school. However, my dream job is to be the Canadian Ambassador to Argentina and live in a mansion in Buenos Aires. A career path I think would be easier to pursue by going to school in Ottawa. I just don't know what to do with myself. Might go for a long canoe to help clear my mind.

Deadline to accept: May 13

Have a great weekend everybody! Best of luck to anybody still waiting. 🙂

Edited by pinsandneedles
  • Like 6

theroaringbadger
  • Law School Admit
On 4/28/2022 at 1:38 PM, lawparty said:

I really didn't know that I'd be posting in any of these Accepted forums, but hi! Edge case here! Applied Access (and I think a couple others categories)

GPA (OLSAS): 2.mid
LSAT 162
Excellent life and work experience, over a decade of activism and advocacy, leadership, etc. I had documentation for my GPA and wrote the LSAT exactly once. I'm well over 10 years out from that bad GPA, but clearly used my education in my life and work experience. Heck, I even was a guest lecturer at another Canadian law school a couple weeks ago (that school rejected me btw).

Here for the "they say you can't get in to law school with an abysmal GPA", and volleying that back with "that's just silly." Hope this gives someone the hope to reapply if they didn't get in, and keep changing the world in the meantime. 

Congratulations! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1

Rocky Road
  • Applicant

Got accepted on the 29th, general category (English).

Lsat: 163

cGPA: 3.87

Edited by Rocky Road
  • Like 1

bilron
  • Applicant
On 4/28/2022 at 8:28 AM, Carl_Ohio6 said:

Yeah, it was strange. I’m a mature student so maybe that played a roll? I was in the first wave of admissions at my other choice so I was a bit surprised too. 

It’s unfortunate it was this late as it forced my hand in terms of school choice, but regardless I still get to go somewhere!

Wylinjabi

Accepted in the past few days, not exactly sure when. 

3.11cGPA

3.8x L2

158 LSAT

Applied special circumstances. Stellar EC's (published works), top tier letters of recommendation from tenured professors, volunteer work etc. 

Will be declining as I've accepted elsewhere. 

Edited by Wylinjabi

Lucky54
  • Applicant

I never thought I would be saying this but just checked the portal and it says Admitted!!! Will 100% be accepting! 

LSAT:158 CGPA: 3.68 L2:3.74

• Like 5

canadianlegalbaddie
  • Applicant

Does anyone know, when are they done sending out all the offers approximately? Is it end of May and then they start accepting people off the waitlist? Or how does it work? I haven't heard anything yet and starting to get nervous. 

Togepi
  • Applicant
23 minutes ago, canadianlegalbaddie said:

Does anyone know, when are they done sending out all the offers approximately? Is it end of May and then they start accepting people off the waitlist? Or how does it work? I haven't heard anything yet and starting to get nervous. 

They’ve sent waitlist offers already?

canadianlegalbaddie
  • Applicant
41 minutes ago, MECM said:

They’ve sent waitlist offers already?

No, I don't know. I was just wondering if anyone knows how their deadlines look like. 

peppermint
  • Law School Admit

Accepted at the end of April

3.21 GPA (according to OLSAS) and 160 LSAT

General, Mature applicant 

I've been working my way up in the legal field and have been applying for a few years now. Feels good to finally get an acceptance. 

• Like 4

harrylaw
  • Applicant

So happy to finally make this post!

Admitted to Ottawa Faculty of Law on May 11 through UOzone. Acceptance letter said OLSAS takes 3 bussy days to update.

Stats:

LSAT = 160 (jan 2022)

OLSAS GPA = 2.65

Uni CPGA = 72.39 / 2.90

L2 (Ucalgary Method, ending Dec 31, 2021) = 75.30% / 3.20

L2 (Ucalgary Method, ending April 31, 2022) = 77% / 3.40 (ish)

I maintained an 87 average over my last 9 classes, but my winter term marks haven't been reported yet.

Demographics:

26, queer, low-income, recent ADHD diagnosis, several concussions, good letters of rec from close connections (2 good profs and the deputy provost, all of whom I have worked with very closely), president of a performing arts company, former student-union exec, senator, lots of other volunteer and performance experience on and off campus. I did a few years of biomed before transferring to business and talked about how I want to apply that education by working in biotech IP.

• Like 5

mjn06
  • Applicant

Accepted this morning 

olsas cgpa: 3.33 in a 5 year BSc 

lsat: 160 (Nov 2021) 158 (Jan 2021) 155 (Nov 2020) 154 (Oct 2020)

Good luck everyone 🙂 

• Like 3