Clerkship Interviews 2022

Pupper111

• Law Student

I know someone who had an ONCA Interview scheduled for today. Do you think it's still reasonable to assume they could call tomorrow if they're interviewing this late?

notnotadog
  • Lawyer
Just now, 548193 said:

I know someone who had an ONCA Interview scheduled for today. Do you think it's still reasonable to assume they could call tomorrow if they're interviewing this late?

I think so. Otherwise lots of people from the other courts who have confirmed that they are calling tomorrow will have to pause on giving them an answer until they hear back from ONCA too.

• Like 1

BlushAndTheBar
  • Lawyer
19 hours ago, BlushAndTheBar said:

Employing the "keeping myself unreasonably busy to distract myself" technique until I completely forget about calls tomorrow. Will post an update if I manage to find the cure for cancer and/or world hunger 

No call unfortunately. The upside? My apartment is immaculate.

• Like 1

omz15
  • Law Student

I spoke with Karina from the FC earlier this week and she said FCA/FC calls will start going out Friday (today) afternoon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Law Student

Do we think ONCA calls have all gone out by now? I'm assuming they would have done them first thing, but my heart is holding out hope...

Edited by 948816

• Law Student
11 minutes ago, 948816 said:

Do we think ONCA calls have all gone out by now? I'm assuming they would have done them first thing, but my heart is holding out hope...

Oh I had assumed they'd be done more in the afternoon. A friend last year was called at around 5:30

I could be wrong though...

• Law Student
Just now, 548193 said:

Oh I had assumed they'd be done more in the afternoon. A friend last year was called at around 5:30

I could be wrong though...

Oh ok! My thought process was that last year they had to wait for SCC calls to go out, because the 2nd week of ONCA interviews coincided with the SCC interview week. Whereas this year, SCC finished last week - I guess I just thought ONCA would get it done this morning. But maybe I am wrong - I'm definitely hoping so!! Fingers crossed for everyone one here waiting 🙂 

• Law Student
11 minutes ago, 948816 said:

Oh ok! My thought process was that last year they had to wait for SCC calls to go out, because the 2nd week of ONCA interviews coincided with the SCC interview week. Whereas this year, SCC finished last week - I guess I just thought ONCA would get it done this morning. But maybe I am wrong - I'm definitely hoping so!! Fingers crossed for everyone one here waiting 🙂 

Oh I hadn't thought of that! I was thinking that since they were interviewing until yesterday that maybe they'd need the morning to make decisions. I'm going to try to hold out hope until the end of the day! Good luck to everyone 🙂 the waiting game is definitely not fun

veggie_swan
  • Law Student
23 minutes ago, 23512351 said:

Heard from a friend that FCA calls are about halfway done!

Are FCA calls made before FC? Anyone have any information about the FC? Still hoping!

• Hugs 1

• Articling Student
Just now, veggie_swan said:

Are FCA calls made before FC? Anyone have any information about the FC? Still hoping!

Yes - except for the Chief Justice of the FC who goes after the Chief Justice of the FCA

• Thanks 2

CleanHands
  • Lawyer
18 minutes ago, notnotadog said:

Just got ONCA call -didn’t get one last year after a lot of hope so it hit hard. Super happy 

Congrats. At least on the forums you had a really good attitude about being passed over last year, so I'm glad it worked out for you. Enjoy it!

• Like 3

Annaxqc
  • Law Student

Never realized how nerve wracking this whole process is 😂 just wanted to congratulate everybody who gets a call today and to those who don't , just going through this whole process is a huge win ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

martlet1660
  • Articling Student
Just now, CommeCiCommeCa said:

Also just received an offer from the Fed Court!!!!

If you don't mind my asking, how senior is your judge? Not the name or anything, just where about they fall

CommeCiCommeCa
  • Articling Student
5 minutes ago, martlet1660 said:

If you don't mind my asking, how senior is your judge? Not the name or anything, just where about they fall

About mid-way through the list of judges. 

martlet1660
  • Articling Student
9 minutes ago, CommeCiCommeCa said:

About mid-way through the list of judges. 

thanks! congratulations!

• Thanks 1

JOATJD
  • Law Student

Congratulations to all those that heard back. Anyone hear back from Tax Court by chance?

Unsure if they are calling today or on Monday...