Clerkship Interviews 2022

Pupper111

huh
  • Articling Student

Has anyone ever been in the situation where their letter of reference or transcript got sent late? Does it affect your chances of receiving interviews in the FCC/FCA? My transcript was only received Monday...

- A stressed out applicant 

heinzketchem
  • Law Student
21 minutes ago, uofzoomlaw said:

Call/interview offer received from the Superior Court today (didn't realize that they called!)

What day is your interview? 

angelalaw
  • Law Student
On 2/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, uofzoomlaw said:

Call/interview offer received from the Superior Court today (didn't realize that they called!)

Congrats!!! DId they leave a voicemail?

Also do we think thats it for interviews for ONSC?? or do we think theyll continue to give it out next week?

uofzoomlaw
  • Law Student
15 hours ago, angelalaw said:

Congrats!!! DId they leave a voicemail?

Also do we think thats it for interviews for ONSC?? or do we think theyll continue to give it out next week?

Oh sorry I picked up the phone-- I just meant that I thought that they emailed like the federal courts. No idea about timing so I'll defer to someone w more insight! 

User1234
  • Law Student
On 2/11/2022 at 11:04 AM, uofzoomlaw said:

What location if you don't mind me asking?

• Articling Student
1 hour ago, CommeCiCommeCa said:

Do FCA offers come out before FCC offers, or do they come out around the same time?

In my experience, the Chief Justices of the FCA and FC make their offers first. After that, each judge at the FCA will go in order of seniority. Once their selection is complete, judges at the FC will also make offers in order of seniority.

(Note, some judges at FC will not interview until after this process though, so interviews and offers can still go on beyond the official call day)

Edited by 23512351
  • Thanks 1

CommeCiCommeCa
  • Articling Student
1 hour ago, 23512351 said:

In my experience, the Chief Justices of the FCA and FC make their offers first. After that, each judge at the FCA will go in order of seniority. Once their selection is complete, judges at the FC will also make offers in order of seniority.

(Note, some judges at FC will not interview until after this process though, so interviews and offers can still go on beyond the official call day)

Awesome, thank you so much! This is super helpful! 

• Like 1

Mbu1
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, 23512351 said:

Thanks. Any idea roughly how many candidates each judge interviews?

• Articling Student
2 minutes ago, Mbu1 said:

Thanks. Any idea roughly how many candidates each judge interviews?

Depends on the judge - but the number is probably around 7-10 candidates.

Edited by 23512351

BlushAndTheBar
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, uofzoomlaw said:

Any idea how late FCA/FC interviews usually go? Ie. are most interview offers already out? 

I've heard from multiple sources March 4th

Annaxqc
  • Law Student
18 hours ago, 23512351 said:

Depends on the judge - but the number is probably around 7-10 candidates.

does this apply to FCA judges also? 

FCA Clerkship
  • Lawyer

Just want to clear-up some misconceptions. FCA offers will come out on March 4. Interviews are still currently taking place and will take place into late February/very early March. FC is a little different: most offers will come out on March 4, but some judges don't interview until after the more senior judges have selected their law clerks.

FC/FCA/ONCA/BCCA all release offers at the same time (March 4). There is no seniority among courts, only among judges of an individual court. 

Candidates who are made an offer occasionally turn it down. Moreover, at least at the FC and FCA, because of seniority, offers from more junior judges are sometimes held back while waiting to finalize a more senior judge's selection. As a result, if you don't receive an offer on March 4, it doesn't mean that you won't get an offer later. If you have any concerns, best to reach out to the coordinator of that particular law clerk program. They are VERY, VERY nice people.

But if you'd prefer to remain anonymous, feel free to post your question here and I'll do my best to answer it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• Articling Student
2 hours ago, Annaxqc said:

does this apply to FCA judges also? 

It totally depends on the judge, but in my experience, judges interview around 7+ candidates. Chief Justices typically interview less, but again, this is just based on one year's experience. It likely varies.

• Thanks 1

2022clerkapp
  • Articling Student

Any idea which day SCC offers will go out next week - Thursday or Friday? Last year was Friday I think, but I’ve heard it’s been Thursday in past years or even the following Monday