Clerkship Interviews 2022

Pupper111

clerkhopeful2022
28 minutes ago, cpsklrz said:

SCC emails have started going out (hoping they’re not done going out though…)

Hoping the same thing ... 🤞 Has anyone heard more recently from SCC or do they all seem to be out?

whatlikeitshard
  • Lawyer
10 minutes ago, clerkhopeful2022 said:

Hoping the same thing ... 🤞 Has anyone heard more recently from SCC or do they all seem to be out?

My understanding is they go out in the same hour ish. May still be going but probably won’t bleed into tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

Abella Swan
  • Articling Student
2 hours ago, hobbit said:

Does anyone know the timelines for offers from the FC/FCA? 

Ex. time between interview and offer? 

Most appellate clerkship offers tend to go out on the same day as SCC offers go out (shortly after on the Friday afternoon). But I believe there were still FC interviews that happened after this date. 

wonderegg
  • Law Student
15 hours ago, FORCE said:

Has anyone heard from the FC?

They are still coming out. I heard someone got an interview in March last year so the process varies from judge to judge. 

• Like 1

clerkhopeful2022
49 minutes ago, Kid Presentable said:

Anyone know what to expect in an SCC interview?

Depends whether your interview is with the committee or an individual judge. The former is quite formal and structured, and there will likely be two of the court’s lawyers in attendance as well. The interviews all feel incredibly short. 

TheSocratic
  • Law Student

I'm based in BC and missed a call from an Ontario phone number. I assumed it was spam—didn't realize ONCA calls. Does anyone know if it's possible to call/contact the ONCA to confirm whether they tried to reach out? No voicemail was left, unfortunately. 

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
31 minutes ago, TheSocratic said:

I'm based in BC and missed a call from an Ontario phone number. I assumed it was spam—didn't realize ONCA calls. Does anyone know if it's possible to call/contact the ONCA to confirm whether they tried to reach out? No voicemail was left, unfortunately. 

Have you tried emailing them at lawclerkprogram@ontario.ca? 

uofzoomlaw
  • Law Student

If ONCA has not called yet, does that mean no interview at this point? Or do they email/note when calls are complete?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
12 minutes ago, uofzoomlaw said:

If ONCA has not called yet, does that mean no interview at this point? Or do they email/note when calls are complete?

If you didn’t get a call, barring a cancellation and you being next on the list, you’re out. You’ll get a nice letter in a few months telling you you didn’t make the cut. 

uofzoomlaw
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

If you didn’t get a call, barring a cancellation and you being next on the list, you’re out. You’ll get a nice letter in a few months telling you you didn’t make the cut. 

Oh that's disappointing. Thank you though! 

Kid Presentable
9 hours ago, clerkhopeful2022 said:

Depends whether your interview is with the committee or an individual judge. The former is quite formal and structured, and there will likely be two of the court’s lawyers in attendance as well. The interviews all feel incredibly short. 

Thanks—is there anything I can do to prepare? Should I brush up on recent decisions, be prepared to talk about my writing samples, that sort of thing? I have both committee and individual judge interviews, for what it's worth.

clerkhopeful2022
5 hours ago, Kid Presentable said:

Thanks—is there anything I can do to prepare? Should I brush up on recent decisions, be prepared to talk about my writing samples, that sort of thing? I have both committee and individual judge interviews, for what it's worth.

All of the above, I would say. And prepare for behavioural questions (“what would you do if X?”). If you have French on your resume, be prepared for a French question, as well. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

whatlikeitshard
  • Lawyer
11 minutes ago, 2022clerkapp said:

are all the SCC interviews on the 23rd? or are they over that whole week?

They usually span a few days. Mine are the 24th. Calls typically on the Friday.