Clerkship Interviews 2022

Pupper111

CommeCiCommeCa
  • Articling Student
17 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

To all of the people who applied to the FCA, what were your grades and CV experience like? Trying to guage my chances in the future.

Hey, I just PMd you, also happy to chat with anyone else considering applying to FCC/FCA clerkships, but I will preface that I'm currently undergoing the process and that I haven’t heard back yet from the Fed Courts, so I’m not really sure if my grades and my CV will be helpful in any way in helping you decide whether or not you’re a competitive candidate. Totally willing to discuss the application process though and answer any questions that I can. 

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
17 hours ago, ultravires said:

For those of you who also got a BCCA interview, could you share your grades and CV experience? A friend of mine is also interested in his future chances. Can also PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

The BCCA is a bit odd because the first round interviews are for both the BCCA and BCSC, after which you get sorted into one of the two courts for second round interviews. That means the interview standard will be lower than other appellate courts, and the relevant question is really what the grades and CV of the people who got BCCA second interviews were. 

Just as a caution to others, sharing grades is obviously fine, but sharing your CV publicly could make you identifiable pretty quickly. 

FORCE
  • Law Student

I applied to the FCA and the FC, I don't think I will be getting an interview. But I would like to know if students are only allowed to apply once, can I apply again next year ? 

Edited by Peace
  • Like 1

CommeCiCommeCa
  • Articling Student

From my understanding you can apply multiple times. Also, some people who get FCC clerkships go on to apply the following year for an FCA clerkship. 

Abella Swan
  • Articling Student
40 minutes ago, whatlikeitshard said:

Did anyone try for SCC this year? Hoping to know when interviews go out!

Thinking interview offers will come out this week based on when they went out last year. 

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
17 hours ago, hellogoodbye said:

Hi! Does anyone know for certain whether all BCSC or BCCA invites have gone out? Thanks!

When I went through the recruit, all the invites went out the same day, although you might have one or two come out as a result of cancellations later on. 

13 hours ago, Francis said:

Has anyone heard back from FC/FCA? Or know from past experience when they'd be likely to reach out?

Last year, most FCA interview invites went out the first two weeks of February. However, I know some FCA judges have sent invites in late February. 

• Like 1

cpsklrz
  • Articling Student
17 minutes ago, clerkhopeful2022 said:

Does anyone know if SCC interviews have gone out? 

Don’t know anyone who has heard back yet, so I’m hopeful (unless we’re all just very unlucky) 

• Thanks 1

whatlikeitshard
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, 548193 said:

How are you all preparing for your interviews?? I'm not sure about best practices/things to prepare for.

What court?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer

ONCA always calls. And back in my day, at least, they didn't send confirmation emails—so write down the date and time. 

• Thanks 1