1L Recruits 2022

LegalFox

thefunlawyer
  • Law Student

ITC from Davies on Jan 25 for UWindsor, mostly A's with one B, lots of EC's and legal experience.

• Like 2

LegalLoophole
  • Law Student
On 1/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, Harvey18 said:

Are there ITC’s for 1L recruit? Not familiar with the process.

ITCs from Aird & Berlis went out today.

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Do firms send out all of their ITCs on one day or do they do it by school? Ie. Can I infer that if I didn't get an ITC from Aird and Berlis today that I'm rejected?

Edited by capitalttruth
  • Like 1

A Moving Potato
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

Do firms sent out all of their ITCs on one day or do they do it by school? Ie. Can I infer that if I didn't get an ITC from Aird and Berlis today that I'm rejected?

It seems at least with Davies they sent it out by school over several days. I'd rather know if firms sends PFOs or not because at least then I'll know I'm completely out of the running

• Like 1

StealingFoxes
  • Law Student

Most of the stuff in this thread is Toronto-centric, but if anyone is interested in Edmonton I just received word from MLT Aikins. 

• Like 2

KingofQueens
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, A Moving Potato said:

It seems at least with Davies they sent it out by school over several days. I'd rather know if firms sends PFOs or not because at least then I'll know I'm completely out of the running

I can recall last year that A&B, Blakes, Davies, Dentons, and Sherrard Kuzz all sent PFO's for 1L recruit. 

• Like 3

LegalFox
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Turtles said:

ITC from BLG just now (Osgoode).

Are you a JD/MBA candidate or have a biz background by any chance? Congrats!

• Like 1

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
21 minutes ago, RomanRoy said:

Do ITCs require a thank you email? Or just wait for the call on Friday?

They definitely don’t. Some people send them, which is fine, but I think they’re entirely unnecessary and a bit weird. 

They make slightly more sense in the 2L recruit, where it is conceivable you would have a full slate and be rejecting some firms’ in-firm invitations. But even then, the better plan is simply to tell firms you’re not interested in as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

RomanRoy
  • Law Student
On 1/27/2022 at 9:28 AM, lukesdiner said:

A+, A+, A+, work experience, journal, other ECs. 

What kind of work experience? Business related?

frog man
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Meta said:

On call day, what is the etiquette if we’re on a call with one firm and receive a call from another firm?

Was wondering this myself! Do we just call the other one back?

BlockedQuebecois
  • Lawyer
10 minutes ago, Meta said:

On call day, what is the etiquette if we’re on a call with one firm and receive a call from another firm?

And @frog man

In general, firms will keep calling you until they get in touch with you. If they can’t for whatever reason, they’ll leave a message (likely with a callback number different than the one they called from, since many of the callers will be doing so from their own phone). 

• Like 1

lukesdiner
  • Law Student
49 minutes ago, RomanRoy said:

What kind of work experience? Business related?

Some business/management + some public interest. Lots of customer service + teamwork experience.

• Like 2

CheeseToast
  • Law Student

Interviews are out for some of the big Calgary firms: Blakes, NRF, Osler, BD&P, Dentons, Lawson, MLT, Gowling, and Parlee. Not sure about any of the Edmonton offices.