1L Recruits 2022

LegalFox

CB2021
  • Law Student
35 minutes ago, Rashabon said:

https://ultravires.ca/2021/09/toronto-summer-2021-1l-recruitment-results/

As in a job offer? Keep in mind your obligations as a law student:

https://lso.ca/Becoming-Licensed/Lawyer-Licensing-Process/Articling-Candidates/Finding-a-Placement/2022-Toronto-Summer-Student-Recruitment-Procedures#d-first-year-students-7

Students who accept an offer shall immediately notify firms from whom they have an outstanding offer or with whom they have scheduled interviews. Students who have already accepted an offer shall not thereafter participate in interviews with other firms or accept offers subsequently received.

Thank you very much! Any idea about the number of students firms are interviewing for each student position? 

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, CB2021 said:

Thank you very much! Any idea about the number of students firms are interviewing for each student position? 

Not really - I don't track. Safe to assume a similar number as what BQ suggested. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter though.

• Like 1

herewegoagain
  • Law Student

Just got a call from the Crown Attorney's office (somewhere in Ontario) so calls are going out for that, if anyone applied for government jobs! Also, got another interview at an engineering firm in BC.

Edited by herewegoagain

• 2 weeks later...
thefunlawyer
  • Law Student

Has anyone received instructions from Davies for interview week yet? I'm starting to think I should reach out.

ReasonablePerson
  • Law Student
11 hours ago, thefunlawyer said:

Has anyone received instructions from Davies for interview week yet? I'm starting to think I should reach out.

Did you get yours today? I received mine at noon today

frozenbananas
  • Law Student

Anyone have some general advice/insight into what Day 2 entails (or even Day 3)? 

All three of the firms I interviewed at were very behavioural i.e., "tell me a time when XYZ" and so I'm wondering what happens on Day 2? Do a new set of people just ask the same type of questions? Or does it now begin to shift to more conversation? 

I guess I'm wondering how to prep and feel a little worried I already told a lot of my good stories/anecdotes to the Day 1 interviewers. 

TheBarbieDoll
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

Anyone have some general advice/insight into what Day 2 entails (or even Day 3)? 

All three of the firms I interviewed at were very behavioural i.e., "tell me a time when XYZ" and so I'm wondering what happens on Day 2? Do a new set of people just ask the same type of questions? Or does it now begin to shift to more conversation? 

I guess I'm wondering how to prep and feel a little worried I already told a lot of my good stories/anecdotes to the Day 1 interviewers. 

did any (or which firms) inform you that you have been selected for day 2 interviews yet? 

Im wondering if my firm started informing people yet

• Like 1

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
19 minutes ago, TheBarbieDoll said:

did any (or which firms) inform you that you have been selected for day 2 interviews yet? 

Im wondering if my firm started informing people yet

Yes I got emails from 2/3 but I interviewed early on in the day

ReasonablePerson
  • Law Student
10 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

Yes I got emails from 2/3 but I interviewed early on in the day

which firms did you hear from? I had one of my interviews in the morning but haven't heard back from that yet  

frog man
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, ReasonablePerson said:

which firms did you hear from? I had one of my interviews in the morning but haven't heard back from that yet  

I got callbacks from Dentons and TGF

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, ReasonablePerson said:

Dentons & TGF as well.

ReasonablePerson
  • Law Student
51 minutes ago, helloall said:

Anyone hear back from Davies, A&B, and Smart & Biggar?

not from davies, they told me it would be tmr morning

5 minutes ago, ReasonablePerson said:

not from davies, they told me it would be tmr morning

Just to clarify, they'll let students know about their day 2 interviews sometime tomorrow morning?

ReasonablePerson
  • Law Student
43 minutes ago, helloall said:

Just to clarify, they'll let students know about their day 2 interviews sometime tomorrow morning?

yup, itll be your "host" that will notify you tomorrow - and they will notify everyone if its a rejection or day 2 call

LegalLoophole
  • Law Student
12 hours ago, helloall said:

Anyone hear back from Davies, A&B, and Smart & Biggar?

Apparently 2nd round calls went out from A&B. 

thefunlawyer
  • Law Student

Davies round 2 notices went out this morning for anyone still waiting. 

Side note: Does anyone have good guidance on when/how to appropriately incorporate first choice language, or if it's necessary at all?

Law_Student_X

Can anyone give any insight on this?

I understand firms might contact you at the end of the Day 1 interview to invite you back for Day 2. Is this common also at the end of Day 2 interview to invite you back for Day 3? 

If you don't get an automatic invite back at the end of Day 2, is that a bad sign? 

Turtles
  • Law Student
11 minutes ago, Law_Student_X said:

Can anyone give any insight on this?

I understand firms might contact you at the end of the Day 1 interview to invite you back for Day 2. Is this common also at the end of Day 2 interview to invite you back for Day 3? 

If you don't get an automatic invite back at the end of Day 2, is that a bad sign? 

Not all firms do Day 3 interviews. You should mention the firm's name.