1L Recruits 2022

LegalFox

chaboywb
  • Lawyer
9 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

If folks have heard from places like McMillan and A&B and you have not (and you don't go to the school they mentioned) are we just waiting on the inevitable PFO? 

Not all firms will send PFOs. If you don't receive a PFO from a firm that has sent PFOs, you may be a backup. If you don't receive a PFO from a firm and nobody else has either, but that firm has sent ITCs, that's probably a PFO.

At the end of the day, ITCs/PFOs are just courtesy. Try to put them out of your mind and see what happens on call day.

• Thanks 2

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

Not all firms will send PFOs. If you don't receive a PFO from a firm that has sent PFOs, you may be a backup. If you don't receive a PFO from a firm and nobody else has either, but that firm has sent ITCs, that's probably a PFO.

At the end of the day, ITCs/PFOs are just courtesy. Try to put them out of your mind and see what happens on call day.

Thank you! Much clearer now. 

frog man
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, student1023 said:

Has anyone from UofT heard back from BLG or the IP firms?

i don't think a single person has heard from IP, but i did hear of BLG ITC from Oz

• Like 2

frog man
  • Law Student

best of luck to everyone tomorrow morning ❤️ remember to relax and breathe! we obviously care a lot about this recruit but it's not the end of the world! 

• Like 3

Professor Lupin
  • Law Student
2 hours ago, frog man said:

best of luck to everyone tomorrow morning ❤️ remember to relax and breathe! we obviously care a lot about this recruit but it's not the end of the world! 

Well said frog.

Turtles
  • Law Student

Guys, Smart & Biggar ITC received late tonight. 

Just a reminder not to count yourselves out until the last minute 

• Like 3

goodisgood
  • Law Student

How long does Call Day tend to last? Want to make sure I have my phone around and I'm paying extra attention to it! I've read a couple of responses about this topic here, but the replies were for the 2L recruit. 

ReasonablePerson
  • Law Student

How long do you normally have to wait for the call?

I got an ITC from davies and I'm staring at my phone waiting for it to ring but it's 8:10 already

Edited by ReasonablePerson
  • Like 1

Turtles
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, ReasonablePerson said:

How long do you normally have to wait for the call?

I got an ITC from davies and I'm staring at my phone waiting for it to ring but it's 8:10 already

Our CDO says to expect it to go for the first 20-30 mins. I just got another call at 8:12 ish.

Edited by Turtles
  • Like 2

legalele
  • Law Student

Has anyone heard from Emond Harnden? The application was due later than the Toronto recruit, so just wondering if they have the same Call Day schedule? 

Professor Lupin
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, LegalLoophole said:

how is everyone doing on Call Day?

doing well, thanks for asking

• Like 1

jawnlegend
  • Law Student

Congrats to everybody who’s received a call! Can anyone confirm that calls from A&B, BLG, and McMillan went out?

Edited by jawnlegend
  • Like 2

Turtles
  • Law Student
Just now, jawnlegend said:

Congrats to everybody who’s received a call? Can anyone confirm that calls from A&B, BLG, and McMillan went out?

BLG came at 8:01

Turtles
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

Do firms 'rank' the order of their calls? More competitive candidates get it earlier?

One of the firms specifically said in their ITC they don't

LegalLoophole
  • Law Student

is it safe to go back to sleep/start my cry sesh now, asking for a friend 🤣

9 minutes ago, student1023 said:

I scheduled back to back interviews, shit

congrats on having multiple! how many and where they at if you don't mind sharing?

Edited by LegalLoophole
  • LOL 1

capitalttruth
  • Law Student

Anyone get a call from MAG? I got a call around 830. If anyone has any tips for interviewing with a provincial Crown's office, send them my way!

• Like 1

ZukoJD
  • Law Student

I'm actually in shock. I got a call from Dentons just now. 

uOttawa. B+ average. 

Edited by ZukoJD
  • Like 2
  • Hugs 2

chaboywb
  • Lawyer

1L recruit seems to be getting a lot more attention than past years. Maybe just because of the virtual world and not having as many people to speak to offline. Or are there more firms hiring 1Ls than usual?

Of all the recruits that don't matter, this is at the top of the list. It's excellent, I'm sure, to get a job right out of the gate, but there are endless opportunities in the near future for all you 1Ls who struck out. 

34 minutes ago, student1023 said:

I scheduled back to back interviews, shit

Are they two hours apart? Shouldn't be an issue.

54 minutes ago, Squirtle said:

Do firms 'rank' the order of their calls? More competitive candidates get it earlier?

Even if the answer is yes (and I have no idea), it doesn't matter. Whether you get hired is mostly based on your interviewing at this point, which they have no way to have judged you on yet.

• Like 2

student1023
  • Law Student
18 minutes ago, chaboywb said:

Are they two hours apart? Shouldn't be an issue.

No, literally back to back with 3 firms, and then an hour break and another two firms 

And they have coffee chats too at the end of the day so even more interviews lol

Edited by student1023
  • Sad 1