1L Recruits 2022

LegalFox

frozenbananas
  • Law Student

Does anyone else find writing thank you emails more stressful than they need to be? I don't know exactly what more to say other than thanks for meeting, I had a great time chatting...

Law_Student_X
44 minutes ago, Turtles said:

Not all firms do Day 3 interviews. You should mention the firm's name.

I’d prefer not to mention the firm’s name but I know they do Day 3 interviews for sure.

Rashabon
  • Lawyer
2 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

Does anyone else find writing thank you emails more stressful than they need to be? I don't know exactly what more to say other than thanks for meeting, I had a great time chatting...

That stress is entirely self inflicted. The lawyers on the receiving end don't care what you write or whether you write at all.

• Like 2

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Rashabon said:

That stress is entirely self inflicted. The lawyers on the receiving end don't care what you write or whether you write at all.

True great point! I've heard some firms just straight up telling people not to do it and I would love to see more do so.

Pantalaimon
  • Lawyer
2 hours ago, frozenbananas said:

True great point! I've heard some firms just straight up telling people not to do it and I would love to see more do so.

I've started doing this explicitly. It's been great.

Turtles
  • Law Student
30 minutes ago, Professor Lupin said:

How's everyone feeling

Hoping the firm I'm swiping right on is going to swipe back.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Law_Student_X
50 minutes ago, Turtles said:

Hoping the firm I'm swiping right on is going to swipe back.

Are you also waiting for a day 3 call/email?

Turtles
  • Law Student
Just now, Law_Student_X said:

Are you also waiting for a day 3 call/email?

I got invited to a Day 3 event "for top candidates". They stressed it wasn't an interview.

frozenbananas
  • Law Student

Also got Day 3 at two firms. One I'm talking to people I selected and the other one I think they select the people themselves. 

Either way, I'm not really sure what we're supposed to be doing on Day 3.

Law_Student_X
3 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

Also got Day 3 at two firms. One I'm talking to people I selected and the other one I think they select the people themselves. 

Either way, I'm not really sure what we're supposed to be doing on Day 3.

Can I ask when you were informed about the day 3? Was it during it interview or just now?

9 minutes ago, DonPablo said:

Does anyone know what day 3 even entails? I got invited for day 3, but have no idea what to expect. 

^ same question for you as I just posted

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, Law_Student_X said:

Can I ask when you were informed about the day 3? Was it during it interview or just now?

Day 3 at Dentons Toronto, and a Calgary firm! I've always been informed how I will be progressing after the interview usually in response to my thank you email.

For Dentons they told us we can expect calls in the evening at 7:30 EST. 

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit

Do any of you have information about McMillan or Davies as to when we can expect to hear back after second interviews?

dcdcdc
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

Day 3 at Dentons Toronto, and a Calgary firm! I've always been informed how I will be progressing after the interview usually in response to my thank you email.

For Dentons they told us we can expect calls in the evening at 7:30 EST. 

which Calgary?

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, dcdcdc said:

which Calgary?

not a big law firm, they are outside the recruit but following recruit timeline.

6 minutes ago, FloweryPeach said:

Do any of you have information about McMillan or Davies as to when we can expect to hear back after second interviews?

A friend of mine got cut from Davies, so I'm not sure if that means anything if you haven't heard back 

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit
23 minutes ago, frozenbananas said:

A friend of mine got cut from Davies, so I'm not sure if that means anything if you haven't heard back 

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hopefully that means something good.

Do most Bay Street firms follow the LSO? It says that offers cannot be made until 5pm on the 24th. But I’ve heard of some people saying that they got offers at some Bay Street firms. 

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
16 minutes ago, FloweryPeach said:

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Hopefully that means something good.

Do most Bay Street firms follow the LSO? It says that offers cannot be made until 5pm on the 24th. But I’ve heard of some people saying that they got offers at some Bay Street firms. 

It's against LSO rules to give any official offers before 5PM tomorrow.

What firms can do is signal to VERY strongly that they will be calling you but they can't say they will. So instead, they'll say things like "what do you need from us to make your decision" "is there anything you need to help you make your decision"  etc. etc. So your friends may be taking those statements as offers which they are not.

As my CSO says, it isn't over until it's over so no matter what, do not count on anything until 5 PM tomorrow.

Edited by frozenbananas
  • Like 2

DonPablo
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, Law_Student_X said:

For me, it was during the interview. At the end of my interview, my host informed me that I was invited for day 3. 

FloweryPeach
  • Law School Admit

I have been invited to a “day 3” at a bay street firm. They said it’s not an interview. So, is this usually an indication of if you will receive an offer? I have not been able to sleep or focus properly as I await the 5pm news. 

• Like 1

LegalLoophole
  • Law Student

Best of luck to everyone and a reminder that with or without an offer, you are the same person you were and your worth does not depend on this. If nothing else, this was a good practice run for when the 2L recruit starts.

• Like 3

frozenbananas
  • Law Student
14 minutes ago, FloweryPeach said:

I have been invited to a “day 3” at a bay street firm. They said it’s not an interview. So, is this usually an indication of if you will receive an offer? I have not been able to sleep or focus properly as I await the 5pm news. 

It's usually a good sign but honestly, you never know until its 5PM and you get a call.

I know it's difficult but find confidence in yourself that you have the skills, personality and grades to get you to Day 3 in 1L that's a huge feat! Best of luck

• Like 1