Clerkship Interviews 2024-2025

whoknowsnoti

notnotadog
  • Lawyer
Just now, anonymous9999 said:

Received an SCC interview invite this morning!!! So they may still be sending them out! For some strange reason they must have decided to spread interview invites over 2 days this year? Either that or my invite was just accidentally not sent yesterday for some reason. Good luck to all! 

Wow. This must have been an emotional rollercoaster.

• Like 1

anonymous9999
  • Lawyer
11 minutes ago, notnotadog said:

Wow. This must have been an emotional rollercoaster.

IT SURE WAS 🥲 Sending lots of luck to everyone left waiting. It is such a stressful process, wish they just sent them all at once at a pre-defined time! 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

cpsklrz
  • Articling Student

I just got an SCC interview with the committee! Currently looking for the hidden camera capturing my reaction for this prank 🥲

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, anonymous9999 said:

IT SURE WAS 🥲 Sending lots of luck to everyone left waiting. It is such a stressful process, wish they just sent them all at once at a pre-defined time! 

5 minutes ago, cpsklrz said:

I just got an SCC interview with the committee! Currently looking for the hidden camera capturing my reaction for this prank 🥲

Are your names at the end of the alphabet? I wonder if that could be the explanation? 

Did you both receive invitations only for the committee? I am trying to understand the logic of the SCC..! 

In any case, congratulations!!!

cpsklrz
  • Articling Student
Just now, Pioupiou said:

Are your names at the end of the alphabet? I wonder if that could be the explanation? 

Did you both receive invitations only for the committee? I am trying to understand the logic of the SCC..! 

In any case, congratulations!!!

My last name is in the middle of the alphabet, but I'm scheduled on Feb. 22, so maybe they're trying to equalize the playing field regarding preparation time? Or perhaps it's because I'm only interviewing with the committee. 

Either way, I'm overjoyed!

• Like 3

July
  • Law Student

Interviews are definitely still  going out. Got the email a few minutes ago. I'm in the middle of the alphabet and wasn't selected for a committee interview. 

Maelica
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, July said:

Interviews are definitely still  going out. Got the email a few minutes ago. I'm in the middle of the alphabet and wasn't selected for a committee interview. 

Could they be going by number of interviews? It looks like people who posted here yesterday got all 3 interviews, and those posting this morning have 2.

notnotadog
  • Lawyer
2 minutes ago, Maelica said:

Could they be going by number of interviews? It looks like people who posted here yesterday got all 3 interviews, and those posting this morning have 2.

I know a few who got one yesterday with 2. Strange!

Maelica
  • Law Student
5 minutes ago, Maelica said:

Ignore me, I just got an email and only have one interview 😂 (so it makes no sense, but I am super happy)

Edit: if it help, my interview is on the 23.

Edited by Maelica
  • Like 2

• Articling Student

Starting to feel like they purposefully switch up how and when they send out emails every year just to keep us on our toes 😂 

(also SO glad interviews are 5-10 minutes longer this year!!)

• Like 1

lawlawland1
  • Law Student

Hi Folks! Two questions for you all:

1) Has anyone heard from Toronto location of the Superior Court of Justice?

2) I had a call last week from Divisional Court to schedule an interview.  They said they would also send an email confirmation with more details, but I haven't received it.  Has anyone else interviewing with Divisional Court received it?

Thanks!

dragoncandyshark
  • Law Student

Hi everyone! Has anyone here interviewed with the QCCA before? What kind of questions do they ask in the first round of interviews?

DoubleAspect
  • Law Student
12 hours ago, lawlawland1 said:

Hi Folks! Two questions for you all:

1) Has anyone heard from Toronto location of the Superior Court of Justice?

2) I had a call last week from Divisional Court to schedule an interview.  They said they would also send an email confirmation with more details, but I haven't received it.  Has anyone else interviewing with Divisional Court received it?

Thanks!

1) I haven't heard from Toronto SCJ yet - hoping to soon though. If anyone else has, drop a note!

2) I got the same call but no email yet either, so I'm sure we're fine. 

Easterner
  • Law Student

I didn't have any luck this year for ONCA Clerkships, but I was curious - how many candidates does ONCA typically interview? I know they typically take 19 clerks. 

whoknowsnoti
  • Law Student
14 hours ago, DoubleAspect said:

1) I haven't heard from Toronto SCJ yet - hoping to soon though. If anyone else has, drop a note!

2) I got the same call but no email yet either, so I'm sure we're fine. 

Apparently Toronto SCJ went out last week. I got a call from another SCJ court and I asked if I was considered for any other court and the individual said no. 

notnotadog
  • Lawyer
1 hour ago, Easterner said:

I didn't have any luck this year for ONCA Clerkships, but I was curious - how many candidates does ONCA typically interview? I know they typically take 19 clerks. 

I heard something like 60

• Like 2

BlushAndTheBar
  • Lawyer

Pretty discouraged. By this time last year I had several FC interviews. I thought my application was so much stronger this year (better grades, better writing sample, better cover letter etc.). I'm not sure where I went wrong...

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
1 hour ago, BlushAndTheBar said:

Pretty discouraged. By this time last year I had several FC interviews. I thought my application was so much stronger this year (better grades, better writing sample, better cover letter etc.). I'm not sure where I went wrong...

During my first FC interview yesterday, the Justice was surprised I hadn't received more interviews. Activity on here seems pretty light as well, maybe most justices are just late this year in their interviewing. Keep your head up. 

• Like 4

BlushAndTheBar
  • Lawyer
5 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

During my first FC interview yesterday, the Justice was surprised I hadn't received more interviews. Activity on here seems pretty light as well, maybe most justices are just late this year in their interviewing. Keep your head up. 

Thank you so much kind person, I hope we are both successful and will perhaps clerk together someday 

• Like 1

uofzoomlaw
  • Law Student

Yes - can confirm I know someone who has interviewed with him

23 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

Has anyone received interview invitations from Justice Favel of the Federal Court?

Edited by uofzoomlaw

capitalttruth
  • Law Student
12 minutes ago, uofzoomlaw said:

Yes - can confirm I know someone who has interviewed with him

Interesting. Would have thought I would have got an interview with him because my CV is filled with aboriginal law experience.