COURSE AUX STAGES 2022

law.can

judge judy
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, hello123 said:

Est-ce que quelqu'un a reçu un appel de NRF pour l'activité finale?

omg, je n'ai même pas encore reçu de feedback de ma première entrevue. ils ont déjà passé des 2e entrevues ? 

hello123
  • Law Student
Just now, judge judy said:

omg, je n'ai même pas encore reçu de feedback de ma première entrevue. ils ont déjà passé des 2e entrevues ? 

Oui ce matin! 😮

Vavilov
  • Articling Student
20 minutes ago, ILawYou3000 said:

Are we supposed to accept an offer without seeing the Agreement they offer us beforehand? 
There are firms that do not disclose any information online and I was wondering at what point would these firms disclose these information.

I too am curious on this front.

27 minutes ago, ILawYou3000 said:

Are we supposed to accept an offer without seeing the Agreement they offer us beforehand? 
There are firms that do not disclose any information online and I was wondering at what point would these firms disclose these information.

Honestly, this is a tricky question because we have until 1pm to accept an offer before it can be changed. I think firms expect you to ask about these questions during the réseautage activities, the interviews and at the final activity, so do it then! I made sure to ask about the contracts during the interview with questions regarding benefits, vacations, etc. if the firm's information was not disclosed online. No one took it badly and I got invited to second interviews/final activities.

Just do not discuss anything regarding the salary, that will make you sound like a real asshole before even getting an offer and will destroy your chances of getting one.

Edited by Andy

judge judy
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, CSC said:

same

je viens de voir dans un des posts quelqu'un qui dit que l'an passé nrf et mcT les a juste ghosté &aucune lettre de refus. ce fut une belle journée de refresh constant de courriels, i give up lol

Edited by judge judy
  • Thanks 1

ILawYou3000
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, Andy said:

Honestly, this is a tricky question because we have until 1pm to accept an offer before it can be changed. I think firms expect you to ask about these questions during the réseautage activities, the interviews and at the final activity, so do it then! I made sure to ask about the contracts during the interview with questions regarding benefits, vacations, etc. if the firm's information was not disclosed online. No one took it badly and I got invited to second interviews/final activities.

Just do not discuss anything regarding the salary, that will make you sound like a real asshole before even getting an offer and will destroy your chances of getting one.

Thank you for your answer!

I would think that talking about benefits resembled to talking about salary and therefore, would avoid doing so.

Glad to hear it did not do you any harm! 

For info, I did contact a firm and information regarding there stage program, and they basically told me to ask the lawyers in interview.

I would never say this in an interview of course, but i would like to know more about salary expectations before signing an offer. And I say this in the most non-asshole way possible, its just a factor to consider, out of others. 

Elevedroit22
  • Law Student

quelqu'un a reçu quelque chose pour la deuxième entrevue de Goldwater ? je n'ai toujours rien reçu de mon côté 😕

udemguy2023
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, judge judy said:

quelqu'un a interviewé chez Bélanger Sauvé ? vos impressions et avez vous eu des nouvelles ?

J'ai eu une entrevue, ils ont dit que les appels étaient aujourd'hui et/ou lundi pour la suite, aucunes nouvelles de mon côté...

stressedoutstudent
  • Law Student

someone in this thread said Nrf would call till the 21st where did they get that info from? 

Elevedroit22
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, Sherbylove said:

Quelqu'un a eu des nouvelles de Goldwater Dubé? 

pas moi

Lola003
  • Law Student
6 minutes ago, Elevedroit22 said:

quelqu'un a reçu quelque chose pour la deuxième entrevue de Goldwater ? je n'ai toujours rien reçu de mon côté 😕

rien de mon coté non plus!

18 minutes ago, judge judy said:

je viens de voir dans un des posts quelqu'un qui dit que l'an passé nrf et mcT les a juste ghosté &aucune lettre de refus. ce fut une belle journée de refresh constant de courriels, i give up lol

Nrf a envoyé le courriel de refus

12 minutes ago, ILawYou3000 said:

Thank you for your answer!

I would think that talking about benefits resembled to talking about salary and therefore, would avoid doing so.

Glad to hear it did not do you any harm! 

For info, I did contact a firm and information regarding there stage program, and they basically told me to ask the lawyers in interview.

I would never say this in an interview of course, but i would like to know more about salary expectations before signing an offer. And I say this in the most non-asshole way possible, its just a factor to consider, out of others. 

I agree about the benefits part. I didn't straight up ask ''How are the benefits?''

I tried to shape my questions in a more subtile way, for example: ''I am someone who has struggled with mental health in the past, it is important to me and I would like to be part of a firm who shares these values.'' & then the firm would go on about how they had mental health benefits. Did the same thing for sports, vacations, etc. 

If I do end up getting an offer, I will make sure I can have a thorough conversation with the hiring team before accepting it. If I end up getting more than one offer, I'll try to schedule as many quick phone calls with the hiring departments until 1pm. Let's wait and see, I guess!

And let's not  forget that this is a job interview, you should have a discussion about your contract & salary before accepting an offer, you never know what you can get yourself into...

23 minutes ago, judge judy said:

2 minutes ago, stressedoutstudent said:

Quand?

il y a quelques minutes

Lawless
  • Applicant
56 minutes ago, lawpage06 said:

Est ce qu’il y en a qui ont eu des appels de Clyde?

Oui tantôt vers 13h!

Annaxqc
  • Law Student
7 minutes ago, Hello said:

Est-ce que quelqu’un a reçu des nouvelles de dgc? 

Oui ce matin!

Lawlaw22
  • Law Student
5 hours ago, judge judy said:

quelqu'un a interviewé chez Bélanger Sauvé ? vos impressions et avez vous eu des nouvelles ?

34 minutes ago, udemguy2023 said:

J'ai eu une entrevue, ils ont dit que les appels étaient aujourd'hui et/ou lundi pour la suite, aucunes nouvelles de mon côté...

J'ai été appelé pour la 2e entrevue. 

udemguy2023
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, Lawlaw22 said:

J'ai été appelé pour la 2e entrevue. 

Bravo 🙂 quand?