Cashlaw
  • Law Student
4 minutes ago, hungergamesDistrict3 said:

Des cabinets ont envoyé des refus?

Hier, de la part de BLG, Osler et McMillan

potatoskin
  • Law Student
14 hours ago, udemboy25forottawagirl21 said:

"pas mal certain que c'est finis" like who are you and your certitude juridique 

Yall alright i seem to have started shit without meaning to, my bad. Truth is, I prefer to be a realist and rational with this so that I don't obsess with my phone until Friday 4:59. Faque voici pourquoi j'ai dit ce que j'ai dit, pi of course que ce n'est que mon educated guess and may 100% be wrong (in fact it is absolutely inaccurate for some firms) :

*Disclaimer que c'est pour les plus grands cabinets qui ont assez de ressources pour dédier tout une team à la Course. I've said it before but I do think small and medium firms from the entente will take longer since they may have only one person calling. Ok so here's my math: 

• Number of candidates getting interviews = 120 (From what firms seem to have been telling at events, even a bit higher because once again, doing the math with just 100 means calls would've ended even faster). So 120 calls to make 
  • From personal experience, calls lasted only a few minutes. Adding break times and the time to check the list for the number and do the admin work, I estimated it to be about 10 minutes for a caller to call a student and put them in the schedule before moving to the next name
  • Now here's the most unreliable variable: Number of callers. A recruitment team, from asking lawyers and stalking previous years, I assumed would have from 6 to 12 people. Now let's say only 6 of those were available to make calls for the first round of interviews (more than 6 would have been even faster) = 6 callers

Now unto the guesstimated math: 

• 6 callers share the 120 student list = Each caller is assigned about 20 people to call 
  • 20 calls to make, each taking 10 minutes = 200 minutes to make all the calls. Add to that one hour for lunch. 260 minutes c'est plus ou moins 4.5 heures. Let's say 5 heures for each caller to be generous. 

Estimated schedule 

• Calls were open from 9 am, 9am + 5 hours (including their lunch) = 2 pm
  • From what was posted and what I've heard of; the vast majority of calls and scheduling did take place from 9 am to 2pm
  • From firms that we didn't hear from as Udem folks early, McGill students also make a reasonable amount of candidates and are underrepresented in the forum (Blakes seems to have taken longer to appear here so maybe they started with McGill? Who knows)

Now here's the flaws of this;

• Emails: Some firms sent out emails. Will they send another batch? No freaking clue but i'm rooting for it
  • Number of callers: You're free to redo the math changing the estimate of 6 callers, chui peut-etre/surement dans le champ but the 6 caller estimate seems reasonable enough compte tenu que les appels were dying down by 3pm
    • I also know that some big firms it was the directors of recruitment calling (so 1-2 people), but those seem to have opted for a hybrid call + email (ex: Stikes)
  • Now take also into account that there's massive variabilité dans tout ça (Stikes par exemple faisait des appels de max 3-4 minutes et pas 10 pour avertir du courriel de midi) 

Why I said what I said 

• The civil bible, 2805, says that la bonne foi se présume, mais j'accorde que j'ai dit ça de manière sèche et insensitive (i was dealing with some losses myself)
  • I truly didn't say that calls were most likely over to be an asshole and stress people out - it wasn't at all my intention 
  • I said it because I thought it was truth, and with no one hearing from big firms this morning, I'm afraid they might really all have done the whole thing in one go on Monday 

I am incredibly supportive and want to encourage all of those that may not have gotten call(s) yesterday. To that I say wait until Friday because you truly never know and a stranger online approaching this like a grade 4 math problem may 100% be wrong (let's hope it's the case).

And to those that did get calls, congrats guys. La Course est ben stressante et time consuming so be proud and kind to yourselves for having made it this far. 

One last time, this is something i only guessed at, a hypothesis. C'est tout à fait possible que mettons Fasken ou Blakes fasse une autre vague d'appels aujourd'hui après-midi ou jeudi matin.

Bon succès pour la suite des choses à tous et à toutes, 

Sincerely, 

Random person that rightfully got called out but that didn't have evil intentions

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • LOL 3
  • Hugs 4

PassionFusionsAcquisitions
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, potatoskin said:

Yall alright i seem to have started shit without meaning to, my bad. Truth is, I prefer to be a realist and rational with this so that I don't obsess with my phone until Friday 4:59. Faque voici pourquoi j'ai dit ce que j'ai dit, pi of course que ce n'est que mon educated guess and may 100% be wrong (in fact it is absolutely inaccurate for some firms) :

*Disclaimer que c'est pour les plus grands cabinets qui ont assez de ressources pour dédier tout une team à la Course. I've said it before but I do think small and medium firms from the entente will take longer since they may have only one person calling. Ok so here's my math: 

• Number of candidates getting interviews = 120 (From what firms seem to have been telling at events, even a bit higher because once again, doing the math with just 100 means calls would've ended even faster). So 120 calls to make 
  • From personal experience, calls lasted only a few minutes. Adding break times and the time to check the list for the number and do the admin work, I estimated it to be about 10 minutes for a caller to call a student and put them in the schedule before moving to the next name
  • Now here's the most unreliable variable: Number of callers. A recruitment team, from asking lawyers and stalking previous years, I assumed would have from 6 to 12 people. Now let's say only 6 of those were available to make calls for the first round of interviews (more than 6 would have been even faster) = 6 callers

• 6 callers share the 120 student list = Each caller is assigned about 20 people to call 
  • 20 calls to make, each taking 10 minutes = 200 minutes to make all the calls. Add to that one hour for lunch. 260 minutes c'est plus ou moins 4.5 heures. Let's say 5 heures for each caller to be generous. 

Estimated schedule 

• From what was posted and what I've heard of; the vast majority of calls and scheduling did take place from 9 am to 2pm
  • From firms that we didn't hear from as Udem folks early, McGill students also make a reasonable amount of candidates and are underrepresented in the forum (Blakes seems to have taken longer to appear here so maybe they started with McGill? Who knows)

• Emails: Some firms sent out emails. Will they send another batch? No freaking clue but i'm rooting for it
  • Number of callers: You're free to redo the math changing the estimate of 6 callers, chui peut-etre/surement dans le champ but the 6 caller estimate seems reasonable enough compte tenu que les appels were dying down by 3pm
    • I also know that some big firms it was the directors of recruitment calling (so 1-2 people), but those seem to have opted for a hybrid call + email (ex: Stikes)
  • Now take also into account that there's massive variabilité dans tout ça (Stikes par exemple faisait des appels de max 3-4 minutes et pas 10 pour avertir du courriel de midi) 

Why I said what I said 

• The civil bible, 2805, says that la bonne foi se présume, mais j'accorde que j'ai dit ça de manière sèche et insensitive (i was dealing with some losses myself)
  • I truly didn't say that calls were most likely over to be an asshole and stress people out - it wasn't at all my intention 
  • I said it because I thought it was truth, and with no one hearing from big firms this morning, I'm afraid they might really all have done the whole thing in one go on Monday 

I am incredibly supportive and want to encourage all of those that may not have gotten call(s) yesterday. To that I say wait until Friday because you truly never know and a stranger online approaching this like a grade 4 math problem may 100% be wrong (let's hope it's the case).

And to those that did get calls, congrats guys. La Course est ben stressante et time consuming so be proud and kind to yourselves for having made it this far. 

One last time, this is something i only guessed at, a hypothesis. C'est tout à fait possible que mettons Fasken ou Blakes fasse une autre vague d'appels aujourd'hui après-midi ou jeudi matin.

Sincerely, 

Random person that rightfully got called out but that didn't have evil intentions

Merci pour les maths, en français svp xx

1 hour ago, 4.3GPA said:

BLG et Osler pour ma part!

Même chose pour moi ! Refus de BLG et Osler, sans nouvelles de Lavery, BCF et MCT

3.77 UdeM, implications, expérience juridique : Fasken, SE, NRF, Blakes, Davies, Gowling, Langlois

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

materialgirl
  • Law Student
15 minutes ago, PassionFusionsAcquisitions said:

Même chose pour moi ! Refus de BLG et Osler, sans nouvelles de Lavery, BCF et MCT

3.77 UdeM, implications, expérience juridique : Fasken, SE, NRF, Blakes, Davies, Gowling, Langlois

Refus de Osler aussi, 

3.82 Udem, implications, expérience juridique: BCF(courriel) BLG(courriel) Blakes(appel) Davies(appel) Fasken(appel) Lavery(courriel+appel) Mccarthy(appel) Norton(courriel+appel) Stikman(appel) - (hier am)

hello123
  • Law Student
19 minutes ago, potatoskin said:

Estimated schedule 

Why I said what I said 

Sincerely, 

Damn, t’as pas d’intras à étudier ? 🤣

• LOL 3

Annaxqc
  • Law Student
2 minutes ago, madman said:

Y’en a-t-il qui ony reçus des refus de Lavery, McT ou Norton Rose?

Pas d'appels mais aucun courriel de refus ! 

• Like 1

udemboy25forottawagirl21
  • Law Student

RSS, Spiegel, Woods, Dentons, Degrandpré, Goldwater, Avens, Stikeman - tout hier, aucune nouvelle aujourd'hui

hungergamesDistrict3
  • Law Student
8 minutes ago, Elevedroit22 said:

Rendu à ce point, je collectionne les email de refus 🥲🥲🥲

qui a envoyé des refus?

Elevedroit22
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, hungergamesDistrict3 said:

qui a envoyé des refus?

Osler de grandpre blg 

Nouvelles de dunton rainville ? 

Edited by Elevedroit22

Courseuranonyme
  • Law Student
4 hours ago, udem1234567890 said:

just my 2 cents, some of us don't have parents paying for our studies so yes, the financial advantages can be really important. I agree that money isn't everything but it having ur barreau paid off can make the world of a difference

Bien dit! Pour certains d'entre nous, c'est beaucoup plus qu'un stage mais aussi une occasion de se sortir de la pauvreté 😕 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • LOL 1
  • Hugs 2

udem1234567890
  • Law Student
3 minutes ago, Courseuranonyme said:

Bien dit! Pour certains d'entre nous, c'est beaucoup plus qu'un stage mais aussi une occasion de se sortir de la pauvreté 😕 

solidarité avec tous ceux et celles qui dealent avec des enjeux financiers pendant leurs études ❤️ you're not alone and u deserve to be here just as much as everyone else!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Hugs 2

Cashlaw
  • Law Student
3 hours ago, hungergamesDistrict3 said:

Des cabinets ont envoyé des refus?

3 hours ago, Cashlaw said:

Hier, de la part de BLG, Osler et McMillan

Update: courriel de refus de la part de Gowling à l'instant même. 

Droit690
  • Law Student
17 hours ago, materialgirl said:

Ca ressemble à toi: 3.82, implications, expérience. Mais de ce que j'ai entendue (d'avocats qui travaillent chez lavery), si tu as une candidature plus "forte", tu dois avoir démontré de l'intéret +++ envers le cabinet car ils ne veulent pas perdre leur temps. 

*aussi, perso lavery m'ont envoyé un courriel vers 9h15 ce matin et ils m'ont appelé plus tard en pm

J’aurais tendance à confirmer la supposition puisque j’ai un GPA de 3,95, avec de l’expérience juridique et des implications & j’ai participé à quelques uns de leurs évènements et Lavery à Québec ne m’a pas appelé!

• Thanks 2

Courseuranonyme
  • Law Student
1 minute ago, Sherby456 said:

J’aurais tendance à confirmer la supposition puisque j’ai un GPA de 3,95, avec de l’expérience juridique et des implications & j’ai participé à quelques uns de leurs évènements et Lavery à Québec ne m’a pas appelé!

Lavery ne m'a pas appelé aussi, je crois qu'ils prévoient d'autres plages horaires (du moins je l'espère).

J'ai bien démontré mon intérêt. J'ai un bon GPA avec de l'expérience et plus de 3 avocats de Lavery ont stalk mon profil Linkedin + Lavery apparaissait dans mes « search appeances » pendant deux semaines, alors je croyais fortement que j'avais de bonnes chances d'être appelé...

• Like 1